PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a strange natural part?

LittleOrca
May 18th, 2009, 11:04 PM
When your hair naturally parts (that is, where it parts without you having to part it as you want), is it straight down your head, to one side or the other, or something else?

When i was combing my hair today I noticed that my hair goes down the middle until the very last moment it darts off to the left, almost making it look like I have a little bald patch. I can fix this by parting the hair there, but it took me a while to figure out that is what it was. :lol:

How about your parts?

Rini
May 18th, 2009, 11:11 PM
That little patch you describe may be a double crown? I have an absolute ripper! My hair will NOT lie over that patch on my head and you always see my scalp there. Drives me crazy:angry:

SpecialKitty
May 18th, 2009, 11:15 PM
Rini, I always liked your double crown you speak of! :flowers:

I have a crazy natural part, LittleOrca - actually most of my hair behaves crazily!! :silly:

jera
May 19th, 2009, 01:06 AM
I have a cowlick on one side of my head at the back of the crown. My hair naturally parts itself in the middle, but lately I've been parting it on the side to prevent the thinning that can result from parting in the same place all the time. :p

Heavenly Locks
May 19th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Mine wants to zig zag down the middle! Bah! I do not allow this... LOL

darkwaves
May 19th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Mine naturally zig-zags down the back. That's especially noticeable a few days after washing, and beyond, so if I wear my hair loose then, I use a small barrette to clip the back hair in place over that weird part. Half-up, with a purpose.

I have looked for solutions to this since I joined LHC, but nothing suggested works. Except the barrette.

ladylibra
May 19th, 2009, 07:25 AM
When your hair naturally parts (that is, where it parts without you having to part it as you want), is it straight down your head, to one side or the other, or something else?

When i was combing my hair today I noticed that my hair goes down the middle until the very last moment it darts off to the left, almost making it look like I have a little bald patch. I can fix this by parting the hair there, but it took me a while to figure out that is what it was. :lol:

How about your parts?

EXACTLY what my hair does! But it doesn't look like a bald patch on my head... more like a "cowlick" if curly hair had such a thing.

I believe I have a double crown. They are genetic I think, my son definitely has one, as does my dad and several family members on Dad's side. Although his hair does not part... I suppose because it is a tighter texture and the strands hug together too much for any kind of part to show. :p

rags
May 19th, 2009, 07:35 AM
My natural part is ruler straight and perfect, off to the left side of my head quite a bit. However, at the "end" of the part at the crown on the back of my head, it turns into a monstrous cowlick the size of a quarter! And I have very thin fine hair, so it looks like I'm bald. It will NOT be covered up, either, except by doing a half up and pulling it over top of it. Siigh.

Debra83
May 19th, 2009, 07:42 AM
My part is natural on my right side. I have a cowlick in the front (on the bangs). drives me bananas, but the part is okay. When I part down the middle the natural part doesn't give me grief or anything. just the cowlick.

GlassEyes
May 19th, 2009, 07:47 AM
My hair doesn't part. It reluctantly folds over due to gravity. XD;

Wherever that happens can be random, however, it does tend to lean towards a left side part, I think...might end up that way with more length.

dragonfrog
May 19th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I have a boring part that naturally happens straight down the middle of my head and refuses to be parted any other way... so I guess it's a good thing I like center parts :)

wintersun99
May 19th, 2009, 12:29 PM
My part is off-center, left (my left) and that's where it stays through no manipulation by me. I would actually like to change it around sometime, but that's a no go without considerable re-training and time. :)

jivete
May 19th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Like others, my natural part does a little jog at the end and I have to clip a little hair back to hide it. Day one of a wash is less noticeable, but only if I comb my wet hair, which I rarely do.

skydancer7
May 19th, 2009, 02:56 PM
My part is just off center, so if I leave it there, it looks like I *tried* to part my hair in the center but couldn't quite figure it out. Lovely! :D

ZaBasDa
May 19th, 2009, 03:45 PM
My part is different each time I wash my hair, but it is always messy and never looks reasonably straight.

MunchkinBubble
May 19th, 2009, 03:47 PM
I have a serious cowlick in the front that forces me to let my hair dry a certain way (I mean literally whatever I do it will still part itself). AND at my crown the part goes a little too far down the back, so I have a weird, almost bald patch looking area. Its terrible. :( Updos help hide it all. But I wish there was something I could do so I wouldn't be as self-conscious with my hair down.

Peter
May 19th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Mine parts wherever I had it parted before washing it... left, right, or middle.

Labs*R*Us
May 19th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Does anybody else have a widow's peak in the center front? It was a total annoyance back in the day, when it was popular to have long, straight hair, parted in the middle. I thought I looked like a geek then, not able to look really cool and hip with that center part!! But every time I tried, I could NOT get that peak to separate. I eventually gave up, and learned to love my off-centered part.

HairColoredHair
May 19th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Well... my hair parts just to one side of my widow's peak and goes straight back to the crown and then dives off to one side. Whee!

Tangles
May 19th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Mine parts against the cowlick so that it makes my hair look flat unless I force it to part else where at least while it's drying. Very annoying. I also have scalp cleavage, but this seems to have improved after my Big Shed Of Fall 2008.

Britty Boji
May 19th, 2009, 05:21 PM
haha. mine just parts RIGHT down the middle. but it's no attractive. it just... doesn't look good. and i never have to part it myself. but it does what it wants, so why bother? -_-'

Britty Boji
May 19th, 2009, 05:22 PM
not attractive*

Renbirde
May 20th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Mine wanders back and forth, not quite on center, and then makes a corner and goes down at about 45 degrees along the back of my head.

LittleOrca
May 20th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Does anybody else have a widow's peak in the center front? It was a total annoyance back in the day, when it was popular to have long, straight hair, parted in the middle. I thought I looked like a geek then, not able to look really cool and hip with that center part!! But every time I tried, I could NOT get that peak to separate. I eventually gave up, and learned to love my off-centered part.

I have a widow's peak. I can part it if I really work at it, but the front of my hair generally parts down the center naturally, so I don't think about it that much. Side parts are almost more dramatic on my opinion. :)

JamieLeigh
May 21st, 2009, 06:59 PM
My natural is dead center. My mom calls it the hippie-head part. :pinktongue:

CLynn
May 21st, 2009, 07:24 PM
My natural part is on the left side of my head. When i was younger it was dead center though. Do things like this just change by themself over time? Or is it because I always used to make it part on the side that it now it just does that naturaly? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

HairColoredHair
May 21st, 2009, 07:53 PM
My natural part is on the left side of my head. When i was younger it was dead center though. Do things like this just change by themself over time? Or is it because I always used to make it part on the side that it now it just does that naturaly? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Congrats, you've 'trained' a part!

Eventually, if you do a side part long enough, your hair starts doing it by itself. :)

CLynn
May 21st, 2009, 08:17 PM
Ok, thank you HairColoredHair.