PDA

View Full Version : Do we have a "W00T" thread?

zombi
May 18th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Last night at work, a friend of mine commented that my hair was at shoulder length and she was jealous -- and I hadn't realized it was at full shoulder length until that comment! It made my day, and I was thinking: do other people who are growing their hair have these same little AHA! moments? Do you have a hair-moment that you would simply like the blow your little horn about?

Because I do! I MADE SHOULDER LENGTH AND I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE IT! This calls for some cheese. :cheese:

Now, I know SL isn't a big deal but man. I started from pixie. Give a girl a break!

akurah
May 18th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Man, when I first saw the title of this post, it made me think of http://woot.com/ :P

Nightshade
May 18th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Man, when I first saw the title of this post, it made me think of http://woot.com/ :P

:lol: Me too!

zombi- My moment like that was when skitts pointed out that I was at classic :shocked: I nearly fell out of my chair, then ran in the bathroom to look.

melrose1985
May 18th, 2009, 03:28 PM
WOOT! congrats, shoulders was a big deal for me too.

kdaniels8811
May 18th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Shoulder IS a big deal, especially growing from pixie. Congratulations! I was shocked when I realized I had reached BSL. Before, I was really obssesive about whether it was growing or not and decided to quit measuring and obssessing and it grew! Wow - APL next for you, girlfriend!

feralnature
May 18th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Congrats and WOOT! It is a big deal when you suddenly realize you have reached some sort of landmark! Mine WOOT moment was when hubby took my siggy pic and I realized that I actually had hair going down my back past my shoulders :)

Locksmith
May 18th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I realised the other day that my hair is finally back to a very solid waist-length - a healthy waist-length this time! It's been almost-but-not-quite-there for what seems like forever! :D

Garnet66
May 18th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Congrats on your milestone! I can't wait until I can WOOT when I get to shoulder length. I too am growing from a pixie so I know what a huge deal it is.

andrea1982
May 18th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Shoulder length is a great milestone! It's so hard to grow from a pixie! So many awkward lengths in between. Now, if it feels awkward, you can just put it up and forget about it! At that length, I found I was able to do more styles, like a ponytail, and even a french twist! Congratulations!

Ndnlady
May 18th, 2009, 06:11 PM
This calls for 2 Woots!:D Congratulations on reaching a milestone.:)

viking_quest
May 18th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Congratulations on reaching shoulder length. I wooted when I found out that I had wavy hair. I always thought I had straight hair and wanted wavy hair then I realized I had what I wanted.

Nyghtingale
May 18th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Gratz to you! It is a great milestone.

zombi
May 18th, 2009, 07:50 PM
thanks guys <3

come on -- what are your woot moments! :D like, woot! I have no more split ends! or woot! my hair color came out awesome!

I just like camaraderie and happy-go-me threads, I guess. :cheese:

Laurel32
May 18th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I officially made it to BSL! Before my longest layer was just brushing BSL but now its right in the middle. :cheese:

zen_oven
May 18th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Just adding a woot to the woot-pile! Congrats to everyone on their successes.

I'll be able to woot myself once I'm satisfied that I'm at BSL. I'm almost there!

ladylibra
May 18th, 2009, 09:37 PM
A big "WOOT" for you reaching your goal! :cheese:

My most recent "WOOT" moment was in March. My SO was messing with my hair and stretched a coil in the back and stated, "Wow, you're hair is past your bra strap!" (the longest it's ever been)

Kristen_Marie
May 18th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Congrats on your "WOOT" moment! Mine was actually two days ago when my Aunt commented that my hair was long. I told her that it was "getting there" and she said her hair had never gotten as long as mine, and her hair is fairly long. I looked in the mirror when I got home. I can't believe my hair is past my waist now!! (I need a new display pic to show! :D)

Furiana
May 18th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Yesterday I realized that I can make a curly bun! WOOT! :happydance:

zombi
May 18th, 2009, 11:42 PM
WOOT for all you BSL ladies! I'm so jealous!! My goal now is APL and once I reach it, then I'll start thinking about BSL -- I'm trying to take it slow, haha. :eyebrows:

Furiana: yay! Awesome!

Heidi_234
May 19th, 2009, 12:06 AM
When I realized that a length that will satisfy me is actually not that far away! I have just half a year to go!!

Samitra
May 19th, 2009, 12:30 AM
I had a small woot moment yesterday when I realized that the end of my ponytail is now tickling my shoulders when I turn my head! I haven't been wearing a ponytail for a while, and the new lenght just sneaked up on me :D

Lohari
May 19th, 2009, 12:44 AM
I had a WOOT moment yesterday, because I realised my hair is still a little past BSL, even when I've cutted few inches off lately. Other slightly woot moment was when I was wearing my hair in a high ponytail-braid-thingy and turned my head quickly and then my braid hit my face... I didn't know I would be able to do that XD Never tried before...

Furiana
May 19th, 2009, 12:52 AM
WOOT for all you BSL ladies! I'm so jealous!! My goal now is APL and once I reach it, then I'll start thinking about BSL -- I'm trying to take it slow, haha. :eyebrows:

Furiana: yay! Awesome!

Thank you! And congrats on shoulder length! :hollie:

Unofficial_Rose
May 19th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Ah, it's so nice to close that gap above your shoulders, isn't it?
I'm looking forward to hitting proper shoulder length, i.e. it is just about to my shoulders at the back and just past my chin at the front. I just want to close that gap, you know! So congratulations, and have some :chocolate::D Now you can do more things with it! I'm thinking hairtoys.

I'm much happier now the bulk has grown past my chin. Honestly, I felt like Velma out of Scoobydoo for months. Should look pretty good by Christmas though. :)

Debra83
May 19th, 2009, 01:25 AM
My WOOT moment is when I realized I was past my shoulders!!! On to APL and then BSL - hopefully both milestones this year!

I also had a mini-woot moment when I was trying to eat soup and my hair was long enough to get stuck in the corner of my mouth!!!! I can't believe I was happy about that, but there it is!

Debra83
May 19th, 2009, 01:26 AM
My next WOOT moment will probably be my 1000 post milestone first though!!!

Heavenly Locks
May 19th, 2009, 01:28 AM
My woot moment was realizing that I have NICE wavy hair instead of ugly 'not flat ironed' hair. ;) How our perspectives change eh? :)

WOOT!

Congrats on hitting your own milestone too!

zombi
May 19th, 2009, 01:54 AM
My woot moment was realizing that I have NICE wavy hair instead of ugly 'not flat ironed' hair.

Oh my gosh, WOOT, honey. WOOT in a major way! I had that same realization and I can't tell you how much more satisfied with my hair in general I am after that moment!

Aww, this thread makes me all happy inside. So many woots!

Fifty-Five
May 19th, 2009, 02:40 AM
I had a WOOTish moment when my exgirlfriend asked me if I was going to stop growing my hair out before or after it was longer than hers... I hadn't realized it, but my hair had hit midback! xD (Not BSL. >.> I r male. I haven't a BSL! >=U) So I was all 'HA! My hair is long! 8D' and 'HA! Take that, ex! Your hair isn't so long anymore, now, is it? 8)' xP

JamieLeigh
May 21st, 2009, 07:25 PM
Today, I wore a black tank top & long black skirt, and someone told me my hair looks way longer when I'm wearing head-to-toe black. :D

SimplyViki
May 21st, 2009, 07:41 PM
My most recent "W00T" moment was when I had my hair up in a high ponytail and it brushed the very tippy top of one of my elbows. I was like "huh?? I didn't even realize I was elbow length with my hair down!":joy:

Teacherbear
May 21st, 2009, 07:44 PM
:rummages around in the bathroom drawer looking for a "woot": :looks back and rereads the thread and realizes she misread the thread title: :silly:

Yes, we have a Woot Thread . . . now! :)

Yay for all of you with your wonderful progress!

Furiana
May 21st, 2009, 07:44 PM
W00T! :joy:

Garnet66
May 21st, 2009, 07:45 PM
I just had my first woot moment. I had dh measure my hair early because I wanted to see if my vitamins were working. My hair measured at 18 inches!! Which means it grew a whole half inch since May 1st. Yay! WHOOT!!!!

wintersun99
May 21st, 2009, 07:48 PM
WOOT to everyone so far! :joy:

*I just had a mini-Woot moment* if I look at the sky, I can feel my hair on my shoulders!

Furiana
May 21st, 2009, 08:55 PM
WOOT to everyone so far! :joy:

*I just had a mini-Woot moment* if I look at the sky, I can feel my hair on my shoulders!

W0ooo-hoo0t! :hollie:

zombi
May 28th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Awww, I had an awesome W00T moment while on vacation: I didn't wash or do anything to my hair for like, three days, and it still managed to look fabulous! w00t! this means I can totally chill out about my routine a little bit.

chelssix
May 28th, 2009, 05:26 AM
If I lie on my stomach and toss my head back a little, my hair flops against my tailbone! WOOT!

Pixna
May 28th, 2009, 06:32 AM
**W00T**!!!!

I'm growing out from a pixie and am just an inch or two from SL, so is it a big deal? YOU BETCHA!!! I can't wait until I reach that milestone. Congratulations!!!

wintersun99
May 28th, 2009, 10:05 AM

wackyredtangles
May 28th, 2009, 10:11 AM
You're all doing it wrong! Its w00t! :)

And congrats! Isn't it awesome when your hair gets long and you didn't even notice?

Fethenwen
May 28th, 2009, 10:16 AM
It sure calls for some cheese indeed :cheese: I know the feeling. I went wOOT when I noticed that I had beneath collar bone length. Small steps means a lot in this stage.

Heidi_234
May 29th, 2009, 04:14 AM
I have a woot moment! If I stretch the longest lock of my hair - it's less than an inch to my butt crack :cheese:

Magicknthenight
May 29th, 2009, 04:33 AM
I had a w00t moment that repeats its self every time i see my hair down!
I am FINALLY a little passed waist:joy: and finally passed the "is it almost waist length?:eye:" and "I think it really may be waist length today.." haha yes it changed back and forth from time to time. Ah the waves:jestor:.
Seems like that one took forever!:meditate:

Pyvsi
May 29th, 2009, 07:45 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/k1eys3.jpgDecember 2005
http://i43.tinypic.com/2qn7hxu.jpg May 2009
w00t!w00t!:cheese::cheese::cheese:

wintersun99
May 29th, 2009, 08:50 AM

Pixna
May 29th, 2009, 09:01 AM
w00t, w00t, w00t, Pyvsi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause

This is some AWESOME growth -- WOW!!!! Erm, I mean, w00t!!!

Heidi_234
May 29th, 2009, 10:08 AM
wOOt WOOT! that cracked me up! :D
LOL :laugh: :D

RavennaNight
May 29th, 2009, 10:25 AM
I measured my pony circumferance yesterday and I am unexpectadly thicker! 3.75-4 in! Up from 2.75-3 a year ago! WOOT!

Heavenly Locks
June 5th, 2009, 10:03 AM
w00t!!

When I stepped out of the shower, my longest strands (longest layer part) were just barely hitting at the top of where I am calling 'waist' :D That's my first goal length since I got here.

So, when it's dry it shrinks up another inch or two, but I really feel like it IS growing!

http://blogxilla.com/blog3/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/carlton-dance.gif

Heidi_234
June 5th, 2009, 10:06 AM
w00t! No longer BSL-to-Waist! Graduated!
This is major milestone for me!
:happydance:

wintersun99
June 5th, 2009, 12:10 PM

Firegarnet
June 5th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I had my most recent wOOt when I joined LHC and realized I'd hit classic and hadn't noticed until I was measuring the length at home in front of a full length mirror. :D For some reason I was still thinking it was just at my hip bones.:rolleyes:

Pyvsi
June 5th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I didn't realize how long my ponytail hangs when I put it at ear-height. I had been wearing low ponytails because I've got some really, really short, awkward-looking hair at the nape of my neck that I'm trying to hide.

Last night I put my ponytail a little higher to do some housework, and I felt my hair (from my ponytail) on my neck!
w00t!
I had to double check that I had all my hair up in the ponytail - because I didn't believe it at first
w00t!

I feel like I look so much younger and cuter with my ponytail higher up on my head. YAY!:cheese:

eternallyverdan
June 5th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I just pulled out my summer wardrobe and noticed that my hair is as long as some of my hemlines! WOOT!

utdesertrunner
June 5th, 2009, 04:52 PM
This is fun! I've got one! When I was swimming for my son's birthday last week my DH took a picture. When my hair is wet and stretched it reaches BSL! I never would have known except for the picture! Yay!

zombi
July 31st, 2009, 07:25 PM
W00T!!! Someone walking in behind me today to work says,

wow! your hair is getting long! :D

:rockerdud

Cynder
July 31st, 2009, 07:59 PM
Congrats on making it to shoulder lenght!

kmouse43
July 31st, 2009, 09:38 PM
WOOT! Mine was when my long haired daughter (waist length) said, "Mom your hair has gotten really long!" It was at APL. I was on cloud nine the whole day!

marikamt
July 31st, 2009, 10:42 PM
I am FINALLY at BSL... that was a WOOT for me, but the biggest WOOT was when a girl at work said "you have such gorgeous hair, I just WANT it".... I always looked at other people and thought that! Made my Day!!

adiapalic
July 31st, 2009, 11:56 PM
I think "woot" should be the new LHC term for awesome hair epiphanies and moments of goals met! :laugh: :D

emmebean
October 29th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Hurray! to everyone. While washing my daughter's hair tonight, I realized they're both at waist length now!

Amara
October 29th, 2009, 10:05 PM
What an awesome milestone! Congratulations!

fluffybunny
October 30th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Congratulations on everyone's w00ts. My hair is finally long enough to do a cinnabun held with sticks. It's absolutely the smallest cinnabun possible-- just one wrap, end barely tucked in, and it tends to loosen up quickly. But w00t!

Honestwitness
October 30th, 2009, 04:33 AM
My w00t is that in the last few days my hair gets caught when I lean back in my chair and I have to lean forward to release the hair so I can turn my head.

Hiriel
October 30th, 2009, 05:02 AM
My woot: A friend of mine said a few days ago that if I ever wanted to cut my hair (see, she said 'if'. Very nice :)) I should sell it, because it was probably worth a lot of money since it's so thick and healthy! Yaaaay! :D