PDA

View Full Version : Return to LHC and some hair pictures

Almandine
May 18th, 2009, 04:49 AM
I doubt many members know me, but I was here for a while and then vanished when life got too busy. Lately I recalled what a great forum this is and so I'm back, and with brand new hair pictures to share.

I have decided not to trim my hair at all anymore, since I have only had it trimmed a handful of times and I do not have a problem with split ends. I've been using coconut oil on my hair (at the advice of members here), am taking Hair Skin & Nails, and I have also gotten some Lush products recently. They're working wonders, though for now I am still using them in conjunction with my old Garnier Fructis wonders since I shampoo and condition twice every shower anyway. For anyone wondering about Lush products for frizzy, flyaway hair... my god. Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo and American Cream conditioner. The change has been amazing. I can finally let my hair down loose without it looking like a failed afro. Plus the smell is just great.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s239/zippoberry/PICT0497.jpg?t=1242643432

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s239/zippoberry/PICT0496.jpg?t=1242643435

The tips of my hair reach to a midthigh point, and I'm hoping they'll keep going to knee length.

This is the braided bun I use to dress up or at least keep my braids out of the way while they dry... I'm sure some of you know the cold, wet perils of letting freshly showered braids hang down your back.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s239/zippoberry/PICT0487.jpg?t=1242643442

Not a fantastic shot as far as lighting goes, but it shows the length more fully.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s239/zippoberry/PICT0476.jpg?t=1242643524

And two braids!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s239/zippoberry/PICT0484.jpg?t=1242643170

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s239/zippoberry/PICT0481.jpg?t=1242643190

It occurred to me the other day that I only really had two full-length hair photos, and they were both two years old! That's why I took so many new ones (and believe me, there are more) and am determined to take many more.

I hope some people remember me, and that others will find me friendly. I'm glad to be back. :)

Calista
May 18th, 2009, 04:54 AM
Beautiful! In the fourth picture your hair looks like it´s at knee length already. Do you tip your head backwards in it?

Aditi
May 18th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Ok wait as i pick up my jaw from the floor :agape:. Alright WOW!!!!! your hair is beautiful and i love your hair color, i think you are almost at knee-length.

Almandine
May 18th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Beautiful! In the fourth picture your hair looks like itīs at knee length already. Do you tip your head backwards in it?

I think i did tip my head back, but only slightly. It is halfway to knee length... I hope it makes it!

Ok wait as i pick up my jaw from the floor :agape:. Alright WOW!!!!! your hair is beautiful and i love your hair color, i think you are almost at knee-length.

Thank you both for the compliments. :) My goal is either terminal or mid calf, whichever is shorter... I don't want it dragging on the ground.

annie09
May 18th, 2009, 05:07 AM
Hi, Wow, your hair is sooooo beautiful.:)

Garnet66
May 18th, 2009, 05:14 AM
Welcome back Your hair is absolutely beautiful.

Heidi_234
May 18th, 2009, 05:56 AM
I remember you!
And your hair is gorgeous! :thud:
Just look at all this shine..!

SHELIAANN1969
May 18th, 2009, 06:01 AM
:thudpile: oh my goodness :thudpile:

I love your color and waves and length and and and :D

Almandine
May 18th, 2009, 06:09 AM
Thank you guys, my hair and I appreciate it :) And yay, someone remembers me!

I need to sleep soon but when I undo my hair after waking up I will probably be compelled to take even more hair pictures. I'm going to fill up my album on here :D

mellie
May 18th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Your hair looks very soft, shiny and beautiful!

I'm curious, are you thinking of letting your natural color grow out?

BlndeInDisguise
May 18th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Your hair is beautiful!! We're almost hair twins, too. :)

mwedzi
May 18th, 2009, 07:30 AM

:thud: Beautiful! This is a braid out, right?

aahavaa
May 18th, 2009, 07:35 AM
You sure have been busy growing all that beautiful and shiny hair! Looks awesome..way to go!!

JamieLeigh
May 18th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Now that is some stunningly beautiful hair!! I would definitely not be thinking "failed afro" if I saw that mane out and about in person. :D You are definitely doing something right!

Welcome back, post more often! :flower:

viking_quest
May 18th, 2009, 09:34 AM
I love your colour and think it's amazing as is your hair.

Longhairpixie
May 18th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Love the hair and love Bawls! I saw it on one of your pics! :}

KajiKodomo
May 18th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Beautiful hair! :D

MuzicalH3rb
May 18th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I doubt many members know me, but I was here for a while and then vanished when life got too busy. Lately I recalled what a great forum this is and so I'm back, and with brand new hair pictures to share.

I have decided not to trim my hair at all anymore, since I have only had it trimmed a handful of times and I do not have a problem with split ends. I've been using coconut oil on my hair (at the advice of members here), am taking Hair Skin & Nails, and I have also gotten some Lush products recently. They're working wonders, though for now I am still using them in conjunction with my old Garnier Fructis wonders since I shampoo and condition twice every shower anyway. For anyone wondering about Lush products for frizzy, flyaway hair... my god. Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo and American Cream conditioner. The change has been amazing. I can finally let my hair down loose without it looking like a failed afro. Plus the smell is just great.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s239/zippoberry/PICT0497.jpg?t=1242643432

The tips of my hair reach to a midthigh point, and I'm hoping they'll keep going to knee length.

This is the braided bun I use to dress up or at least keep my braids out of the way while they dry... I'm sure some of you know the cold, wet perils of letting freshly showered braids hang down your back.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s239/zippoberry/PICT0487.jpg?t=1242643442

Not a fantastic shot as far as lighting goes, but it shows the length more fully.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s239/zippoberry/PICT0476.jpg?t=1242643524

And two braids!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s239/zippoberry/PICT0484.jpg?t=1242643170

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s239/zippoberry/PICT0481.jpg?t=1242643190

It occurred to me the other day that I only really had two full-length hair photos, and they were both two years old! That's why I took so many new ones (and believe me, there are more) and am determined to take many more.

I hope some people remember me, and that others will find me friendly. I'm glad to be back. :)

I am so jealous of your hair! It's sooooo pretty!

serious
May 18th, 2009, 02:16 PM
:agape:

Beautiful hair!

hennaphile
May 18th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Want

:d

Almandine
May 18th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks everybody! <3

mellie - I will most likely let it grow out eventually, but at this point I am enjoying dying it and playing with it.

mwedzi - yes, it's a braid-out.

Paper Moon
May 18th, 2009, 02:51 PM
wooow.....

It's already been said but your hair is GORGEOUS. I'm actually excited that you said you use Cynthia and American Cream from Lush, because I work at a Lush - and those are the ones I use! I just started my hair growing adventure a week ago - so I'm giddy!

Beatnik Guy
May 18th, 2009, 02:55 PM
:thudpile:

Isilme
May 18th, 2009, 03:49 PM
wow!! Really nice! I love the waves and the colour! How do you get it that lovely red?

dragonfrog
May 18th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Wow, your hair is beautiful! I love your waves and I love your V- shaped hemline, it is just lovely. Your beautiful pictures are tempting me to think about such long lengths on myself... :)

Cassi
May 18th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Wow!! Your hair is fabulous!! I am inspired by you!:cheer:

spidermom
May 18th, 2009, 04:35 PM
nICE TO SEE you and your lovely hair.

Kunoichi
May 18th, 2009, 04:38 PM
:cheese:Welcome back! :)
Your hair is bee-autiful. I hope to be there one day...:o

hazelnut
May 18th, 2009, 04:49 PM
:agape:Okay, I'm actually so jealous of your hair right now, you have no idea! It's so pretty! Kind of like Arial from the Little Mermaid.:)

Robinlyn
May 18th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! Welcome back (:

Ndnlady
May 18th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I love the color of your hair, beautiful!:)

EvaSimone
May 18th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I remember you! Welcome back! :flower:

Wow your hair is stunning. I love the shots with the braid waves!

Ash
May 18th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Wow! I would love to know what how you got that awesome shade of red.

Almandine
May 18th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Isilme & Ash - I use Loreal Colour Rays Fuschia Flash. It's a highlighter that I use as an all-over dye. It is designed specifically for dark hair (I don't want to destroy my hair with bleach) and as you can see it fades wonderfully. When fresh it is a bright, strong pink. I have a picture or two in my album of the dye when it is relatively fresh. I do it once or twice a year and I hope to experiment with Colour Rays' white dye (supposedly somrthing other than bleach) with an overlay of SFX (or perhaps Raw after seeing Dementia1013's hair, oh my god) to attempt to achieve purple. If that works then I can finally experiment with blues and such. I dye it in the backyard with the help of my mother since dying it just by myself proves less than satisfactory. It tales an hour at least, and about 4 or 5 boxes of dye. Fortunately it's inexpensive when bought from Walmart.

PaperMoon - I love Lush, those were the first products I was actually able to buy from them. I asked the saleswoman to help me out and she really knew what to choose for me.

Sasha_S
May 19th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Stunning! The colour is gorgeous too. Lush is awesome isn't it? :D
x

Almandine
May 19th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Sasha - Oh yes it is. I love wearing my hair loose now, it looks so luxurious especially compared to before. It's a whole new head of hair.

AprilElf
May 19th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Wow! Love those length photos! :thud:
I remember your username - welcome back! :blossom:

LutraLutra
May 19th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Your hair looks great, well done. :)

Maelyssa
May 19th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Welcome back to the forums!
You're length & color are absolutely enviable. OMG!

Pixna
May 19th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Are you posting these photos just to be cruel and taunt me??!! If so, you have done a very good job. I am SO in envy of your length, your curls, your color. WOW!!! You are such a meanie!!! ;)

P.S. Welcome back, and congrats on your magnificent hair!!!

Darscilla
May 19th, 2009, 09:24 AM
OMG, I WANT your hair! I think you may just have enabled me at Lush, too. :lol: Does it take a lot of the shampoo and conditioner to wash longer lengths, or is it quite rich? I'm broke :blushing: and can't afford to get through half a bottle of conditioner at every wash, which makes me think twice about Lush, except the poo bars, 'cos the initial out-lay seems expensive.

skay
May 19th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Wow, look at all that color and length! Looks cool!

Thanks for the inspiration and sharing your latest pics. Welcome back. :)

Almandine
May 19th, 2009, 08:26 PM
AprilElf - I remember you too!

Darscilla - Actually no. I'm not even halfway through the shampoo (I got the medium-sized bottle for both) and I shower almost every day. The conditioner of course, by nature, doesn't foam the way shampoo does so I have to use more. I've just reached the other side of half on that bottle.

chotee
May 19th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Wow...simply beautiful....vibrant and shiny!

Fifty-Five
May 20th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Almandine, your hair is....friggin' amazing. o.o;; I clicked on the links, waited for the pictures to load, and went 'O_______O ... <3! ...*pokes screen* ... >.> ' xD I love your hair!

Iolanthe
May 20th, 2009, 01:57 AM
What a beautiful colour and nice wave.

LovingLife
May 20th, 2009, 05:10 AM
Your hair is a dream! :D:D:D

smerrie
May 20th, 2009, 08:14 AM
You hair is GORGEOUS!! I love the first two pics, if I had hair like that I don't think I would ever want to wear it up. It's so shiny too!

GeoJ
May 20th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Wow, your hair is very beautiful! :)

maria_asa
May 20th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Your hair is absolutely stunning!

swirlytresses
May 20th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Your hair is gorgeous!!

GlassEyes
May 20th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I remember your avatar more than anything. :D

REally pretty hair. Like, really pretty. It makes me want to get the products you mentioned, but American Cream has SLS and I KNOW my hair'd hate it. T_T

Darscilla
May 20th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Darscilla - Actually no. I'm not even halfway through the shampoo (I got the medium-sized bottle for both) and I shower almost every day. The conditioner of course, by nature, doesn't foam the way shampoo does so I have to use more. I've just reached the other side of half on that bottle.

Ooooh, that sound promising, thanks :eyebrows: I'm always keen to hear what other people who colour their hair find to be effective, especially someone who is obviously as successful as you at growing super-long, healthy, coloured hair. My hair does best with very rich, coney conditioners like Pantene, but I prefer to use products from a company like Lush, because of the animal testing issue.

To LUSH!!!!

yzkaloha
May 20th, 2009, 11:12 AM
OMGosh! Absolutely beautiful! The waves, the color, the length! Beautiful!

Almandine
May 21st, 2009, 11:13 AM
Thanks everybody :) This forum is responsible for the way my hair looks now, it was nowhere near this shiny or smooth before I came here.

I just took a photo of my hair tossed up with a hair stick that was handmade by my friend's boyfriend. It's thinner and, er, sharper than my other (few) hairsticks but I am determined to at least give it a try. It's very interesting and I like the look, but it is a strange design to wear.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s239/zippoberry/PICT0526.jpg?t=1242925775

Pixna
May 21st, 2009, 12:29 PM
Just "tossed it up"??!! Goodness, I'd love to see your hair when you took time and effort! ;) Your bun is beautiful and so is the hairstick, but the stick looks rather dangerous!!! No hugs for you today, my dear, as you might poke my eye out. On the other hand, I could go grab a kitchen knife and we could have a duel! :laugh:

OhioLisa
May 21st, 2009, 02:57 PM
Wow. Your hair is fabulous! Very pretty! :flower:

janeytilllie
May 21st, 2009, 03:03 PM
Wow! :thudpile:

You have really beautiful hair! :D

Almandine
May 21st, 2009, 11:50 PM
Pixna - haha, yeah, that's my "under 60 seconds, need to do the dishes, oh god get this stuff out of my face" quick bun. I never actually knew what it looked like until now. I always assumed it was messier.

I have some bun photos in my album from this morning when my hair was freshly washed and bunned up if you want to see something I put effort into.

FallenAngel
May 22nd, 2009, 02:13 AM
Wow! Love your hair! Wish that my hair could look something like that in the future.

violetflower
May 22nd, 2009, 03:05 AM
Welcome back! I too disappeared for a while!

The colour of your hair is lovely!!

SimplyLonghair
May 22nd, 2009, 04:26 AM
Hi Almandine! I remember you! We were trying for a meet awhile back. :waving: We are still friends! :agree: Wow girl that is some serious hair! My hair wants to be it when it grows down! :lol: :D Welcome back, and I love the pics!:rockerdud

pdy2kn6
May 22nd, 2009, 07:49 PM
your hair is such a great colour, that pic of the braided bun shows how good and shiny your colour is too. is that your natural colour? henna'ed? them products are obviously doing wonders!! do you know if lush products have cones and sulphates in them? or if Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo and American Cream conditioner have cones and sulphates in them?. i think after seeing your shine i may have to give them a go!!!

Almandine
May 23rd, 2009, 05:02 AM
pdy2kn6 -

Ingredients for Cynthia Sylvia Stout:

Stout (Beer), Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Yeast Infusion (Yeast betaglucan), Fresh Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum), Cognac Oil (Vitis Vinifera), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), *Citral, *Geraniol, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Ingredients for American Cream:

Honey Water (Mel Aqua), Vanilla Pod Infusion (Vanilla planifolia), Propylene Glycol, Fresh Oranges (Citrus dulcis), Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Fresh Strawberries (Fragaria vesca), Perfume, Lanolin, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Clary Sage Oil (Salvia sclarea), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax benzoin), *Linalool, Coumarin.

My natural colour is a dark brown, though when it's in the sun you see red in it. I have dyed my hair pink and that is the colour it fades to - no bleach involved.

SimplyLonghair - Of course, I remember you! <3