PDA

View Full Version : Recovery Update (Progress Pics)!

Rebelkat
May 17th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Remember my posts about major shedding back in March? Apparently, my hair has decided to come back with a vengeance! I trimmed back to 34" after the shed to reduce the thinness of the ends. Well, I measured today and got 36". No joke. I remeasured 4 times and had someone else measure, too. My hair has gotten noticeably thicker in two months, and wavier, as well. I'm even developing definite, consistent spirals along the last foot or so of my hair. **Perhaps it's time for a type change?** Looks like I'm doing something right! Thanks to everyone who supported me through all of that.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2776&pictureid=39409

:happydance::cheer::joy:

sneakybea
May 17th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Yay! for your recovery! Your hair is looking great!

Rebelkat
May 17th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Thank you, sneakybea!

patience
May 17th, 2009, 08:02 PM
You're hair looks beautiful! I love the spirals:crush:

gmdiaz
May 17th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Looking great!

What did you change in your routine?

SHELIAANN1969
May 17th, 2009, 08:06 PM
wow woman! Your hair looks spectacular, good growth and the wow factor is awesome! :flower:

Rebelkat
May 17th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Aww! Thanks, patience and gmdiaz. I really love the spirals, too. I didn't change my routine much. I just started taking spironolactone for my hormone problems and got put on Lexapro for anxiety (apparently I was more stressed out than I realized!). They've both made major improvements in my general health, so it's reflected in my hair, I suppose.

Rebelkat
May 17th, 2009, 08:09 PM
wow woman! Your hair looks spectacular, good growth and the wow factor is awesome! :flower:
*blush* Thankies! I'm feeling much better about it myself! Kinda starting to remind me of mira-chans, which of course makes me very happy. I've always thought her fairytales were the awesome-est! (I know that isn't a word... haha) :redgrin:

amaiaisabella
May 17th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Beautiful! Looks like you have a new sig pic, to me ;)

Rebelkat
May 17th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Beautiful! Looks like you have a new sig pic, to me ;)
Teehee. I think so, too. I just gotta shrink it... lol. Thanks, amaiaisabella!

Natalia
May 17th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Your hair looks beautiful! You give me hope :D i cant wait till ican say my hair is back!

hennaphile
May 17th, 2009, 09:01 PM
WOW!!! Your hair is lovely! :D:D What a great recovery, glad to hear it's rocketing back!

I wish spiro made my hair grow back that well, I'd love to have your thickness.

congrats! :flower:

Rebelkat
May 17th, 2009, 09:29 PM
WOW!!! Your hair is lovely! :D:D What a great recovery, glad to hear it's rocketing back!

I wish spiro made my hair grow back that well, I'd love to have your thickness.

congrats! :flower:
Thank you! I realize I was quite lucky that the spiro helped fix the problem. When my mom was on it, she actually lost some hair. Now that she's been through menopause and has gone off of it, it grew back. One of those mileage-may-vary things I suppose.

I also think that going on Lexapro for anxiety has helped, too. I was under more stress than I could handle, and aside from normal side effects from stress, it also made my PCOS act up as well. Between the two meds, I'm feeling better than I have in a long time, which I believe is having a tremendous impact on my hair. :)

Ndnlady
May 17th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Your hair is so pretty! I love the spirals!

RavennaNight
May 17th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Pretty spirals! I'm glad your hair is growing back fast after your shed!:)

hennaphile
May 17th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Thank you! I realize I was quite lucky that the spiro helped fix the problem. When my mom was on it, she actually lost some hair. Now that she's been through menopause and has gone off of it, it grew back. One of those mileage-may-vary things I suppose.

I also think that going on Lexapro for anxiety has helped, too. I was under more stress than I could handle, and aside from normal side effects from stress, it also made my PCOS act up as well. Between the two meds, I'm feeling better than I have in a long time, which I believe is having a tremendous impact on my hair. :)

I'm really glad to hear that meds are helping:cheer:
Ya, spiro is a funny thing, it is supposed to retard hirsutism, but perhaps retards hair growth in others. Glad that it's helping your head hair come back!
While I don't have PCOS, I've dealt with a lot of the symptoms, so I really empathize with when the hair-shed fairy pays you a visit.
It's funny, my dad the doc swears that stress isn't an explanation for hair loss, and while I get that stress may catalyze of trigger physiological reactions, I think many of us can vouch for the fact that :( can = hair loss. That being said, it's great to hear that lexapro is working nicely!

Keep us posted, your hair is beautiful:cheese:

rose_in_bloom
May 17th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Your hair is looking fabulous! I looove your curls down near the ends. :inlove:

Feye
May 17th, 2009, 11:27 PM
I wasn't around when you posted your original thread, but I wanted to come by and say that I'm so happy for the new thickness! That is some good growth!!

Peter
May 17th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Wow, your hair is stunning! Very beautiful.

Fillette
May 18th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Congratulations on your progress! I am really glad your hair recovered so well. It is very pretty!!! ;)

Aditi
May 18th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Yes i definitely remember your last post. I am glad you have recovered from your illness and your hair looks awesome.

JamieLeigh
May 18th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Yay! Congrats on your recovery and new length. It looks fantastic, and I love the waves!! :flower:

kdaniels8811
May 18th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Ohhh! Pretty! I love your hair. Waiting for mine to get that length...

KajiKodomo
May 18th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Beautiful! :D