PDA

View Full Version : Everyone needs to read this..It will make you smile!!!!

MuzicalH3rb
May 17th, 2009, 04:22 PM
So, this is giong to sound like the stupidest thing in the world, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone on here for being so kind and giving so much helpful information. I just had the most amazing thing happen to my hair today, and it, actually, made me cry.

For the longest time my hair as felt like straw. It would snap, crackle, and pop when I ran my fingers through it. It looked puffy and ugly. (It really did a number on my confidence because before I messed up my hair by dying it, burning it, frying it my hair was like baby hair..so soft) Well, from reading all the tips and learning the myths I have finally fixed my hair. I have finally fixed my hair to the point where it feels like nothing has ever happened to it.

A couple months ago I quit using heat, chemicals, brushes, combs, switched to Nature's Gate shampoo and Conditioner (which I LOOOOVE..totally organic), and finally I figured out the last step today. Four words: Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Before I got in the shower I put a nickels worth in my hand and put it all over my ends, wrapped my head in a warm bandana let it sit for ten minutes, then got in the shower, shampooed my scalp (NOT THE ENDS), conditioned my ends only, got out the shower let it get about kinda dry/kinda damp, put a marbles worth of olive oil on all of my ends. Then Poof!

Just like a magic little hair fairy said I can have beautiful hair once again. My hair is back to being very very very soft, and super shiny. I can run my fingers through it and everything!!! It feels like I've never done any damage to it at all. My boyfriend even noticed the difference and was in shock! Then I started crying...I totally feel pretty again.

Thanks to everyone and all your helpful advice!

Thank yoU!!!:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::che ese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

Elenna
May 17th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Well LHC has great advice. Glad you could find it pretty fast!

Arctic
May 17th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Great story, thanks for sharing it! Welcome!

Sarahmoon
May 17th, 2009, 05:21 PM
I'm so happy for you MuzicalH3rb :flowers:
And you're right this forum is great .

wintersun99
May 17th, 2009, 05:30 PM
That's great! Glad you found what works for your hair :D

Teazel
May 17th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Aw, that's a great story. So glad you could make your hair happy again. :flowers:

dragonfrog
May 18th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Wow MuzicalH3rb that is a touching story! I am so happy for you, it is wonderful you are happy with your hair again and feeling pretty :)

Lady Jo
May 18th, 2009, 09:14 AM
I'm glad you found what worked best for your hair.

creativehoney
May 18th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I feel exactly the same way I have shout out in one of my albums to the LHC.
My hair looked and felt like how you describe, and then I found out my hair was actually curly!!
I had been brushing and everything and my hair just looked damaged , but thanks to the LHC I now know what to do with my hair!!
And its amazing to.

Even before I registered here every time I would google something I would always get results from the forums from here. The people I saw the most were spidermoM, and wow, I'm horrible with names (but I posted her a visitor comment about her tattoo)

I didn't know anything about blogging or threads or forums, but I decided I wanted to be a part of all of this!
Its truely awesome here.
I have to say that there is so much to do here! and so many beautiful people, and cultures, and I must also say.....here at the LHC....it feels like home!
Thank you to everyone who makes this site possible! Its amazing.
:blossom:

neon-dream
May 18th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Welcome to LHC, and congratulations :D!

FullMoonTrim
May 18th, 2009, 11:18 AM
So, this is giong to sound like the stupidest thing in the world, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone on here for being so kind and giving so much helpful information. I just had the most amazing thing happen to my hair today, and it, actually, made me cry.

For the longest time my hair as felt like straw. It would snap, crackle, and pop when I ran my fingers through it. It looked puffy and ugly. (It really did a number on my confidence because before I messed up my hair by dying it, burning it, frying it my hair was like baby hair..so soft) Well, from reading all the tips and learning the myths I have finally fixed my hair. I have finally fixed my hair to the point where it feels like nothing has ever happened to it.

A couple months ago I quit using heat, chemicals, brushes, combs, switched to Nature's Gate shampoo and Conditioner (which I LOOOOVE..totally organic), and finally I figured out the last step today. Four words: Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Before I got in the shower I put a nickels worth in my hand and put it all over my ends, wrapped my head in a warm bandana let it sit for ten minutes, then got in the shower, shampooed my scalp (NOT THE ENDS), conditioned my ends only, got out the shower let it get about kinda dry/kinda damp, put a marbles worth of olive oil on all of my ends. Then Poof!

Just like a magic little hair fairy said I can have beautiful hair once again. My hair is back to being very very very soft, and super shiny. I can run my fingers through it and everything!!! It feels like I've never done any damage to it at all. My boyfriend even noticed the difference and was in shock! Then I started crying...I totally feel pretty again.

Thanks to everyone and all your helpful advice!

Thank yoU!!!:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::che ese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:
Olive oil, the Greek way!! A Greek friend of mine has beautiful long healthy hair. She has always used olive oil and swears by it.
I am glad it worked so well for you...I will have to follow your advice and give it a try!!

MuzicalH3rb
May 18th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks to everyone! My hair is like my confidence (because of how soft it naturally is), and when it looked all poofy and ugly it really broke me down. To the point where I haven't left the house in a couple months. It was just really really bad.

The information on here is just amazing. I had NO CLUE about hair care, and I was breaking every rule about treating your hair right. I can't wait to post pictures of when I can get to my goal length (hip length)

MuzicalH3rb
May 18th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Olive oil, the Greek way!! A Greek friend of mine has beautiful long healthy hair. She has always used olive oil and swears by it.
I am glad it worked so well for you...I will have to follow your advice and give it a try!!

Oh, the stuff is AMAZING. It really works wonders, and I wrote this post after ONE try of it. Once my hair started drying, I started crying...I mean, when even my boyfriend notices a difference it's a HUGE thing.

I read that Extra Virgin Olive Oil is really good for your skin too, I'm going to look into that.:D

MuzicalH3rb
May 18th, 2009, 11:35 AM
I feel exactly the same way I have shout out in one of my albums to the LHC.
My hair looked and felt like how you describe, and then I found out my hair was actually curly!!
I had been brushing and everything and my hair just looked damaged , but thanks to the LHC I now know what to do with my hair!!
And its amazing to.

Even before I registered here every time I would google something I would always get results from the forums from here. The people I saw the most were spidermoM, and wow, I'm horrible with names (but I posted her a visitor comment about her tattoo)

I didn't know anything about blogging or threads or forums, but I decided I wanted to be a part of all of this!
Its truely awesome here.
I have to say that there is so much to do here! and so many beautiful people, and cultures, and I must also say.....here at the LHC....it feels like home!
Thank you to everyone who makes this site possible! Its amazing.

I love the different cultures here and people here. This website is just very warm and caring. Normally, I'd be too scared or shy to post on something like this, but everyone is sooo extremely nice and just wants to help everyone else. I'm really starting to get addicted to this place and all the helpful tips!!!

melrose1985
May 18th, 2009, 12:07 PM
YAH! I'm happy that you are happy about your hair.

Nightshade
May 18th, 2009, 12:14 PM
That's so wonderful to hear! I'm glad you and creativehoney are happy with your hair now :flower:

Merewen
May 18th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I agree, this is a very wonderful helpful place. YAY for your hair improvement! There is nothing like beautiful hair.

FullMoonTrim
May 18th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Oh, the stuff is AMAZING. It really works wonders, and I wrote this post after ONE try of it. Once my hair started drying, I started crying...I mean, when even my boyfriend notices a difference it's a HUGE thing.

I read that Extra Virgin Olive Oil is really good for your skin too, I'm going to look into that.:D
After just one try? That's amazing.
I am new here and I have a question...how can I get replies to my posts....sent to my email. Otherwise I am afraid I will miss them.
Thanks!! :) :)

MuzicalH3rb
May 18th, 2009, 01:08 PM
After just one try? That's amazing.
I am new here and I have a question...how can I get replies to my posts....sent to my email. Otherwise I am afraid I will miss them.
Thanks!! :) :)

I know! I flipped out, after one try my hair was soft and silky. It was like a magic trick or something.

MuzicalH3rb
May 18th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I agree, this is a very wonderful helpful place. YAY for your hair improvement! There is nothing like beautiful hair.

Tell me about it! I went through 8 months of my hair just acting and feeling like straw. That's 8 months of no confidence, and just feeling ugly and not put together. It really does a toll on someone. My mom has always said, "If your hair is not looking good, you aren't feeling good." For me...that's always been the case.

This website is amazing.

Sasha_S
May 19th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Wow!! That's awesome :) I always used to keep EVOO in my kitchen, but stopped when I stopped no-pooing... I should buy more!
x