PDA

View Full Version : Is that your hair?

lorig713
May 16th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I wear my hair in a single braid and almost everyday at work someone will ask me if it is my hair. When seated, which I am at work, my braid is in front draped on my thigh and reaches to my knee. Maybe they think it's too long to be my real hair, I don't know. Do people ask you that too??

Longlocks3
May 16th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Yep! I was at work with my side braid over my shoulder. That day I had two different groups of people ask if that was my 'real' hair. And my braid only reaches my waist/hip area. They looked suspicious when I said that it was really and truly my natural hair. I half think some of them want to pull it to check.

spidermom
May 16th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Never, but my hair isn't wondrously long like yours, lorig713.

MemSahib
May 16th, 2009, 01:50 PM
I've never had anyone ask that. Maybe my hair is so obviously babyfine that people can tell it's real. They don't seem to make wigs like this. And I'm sure the grey helps.

Natalia
May 16th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Ive been asked a few times and at longest im low BSL maybe waist i cant remember what my pictures looked like lol. I have no idea why people asl me that i have fine/thin barely longer than average hair. Its strage? When i had nails people would always ask me if those were fake because no one seems to have natural long nails anymore just acrylics, go figure?

GlassEyes
May 16th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I don't have hair long enough for people to wonder if it's 'real', but I HAVE been asked 1) If I have a perm 2) If I have a relaxer and 3) if a hairdresser has 'did' my hair when it's down. xD

Often, these questions take the place of 'WHAT RACE ARE YOU' on the part of women. xD;

aries
May 16th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Hello Beautiful!!!! I have never had anyone ask me that but then again my hair is working on getting to waist. I do get the occasional question of if my hair is permed or not. Wish I would have people asking me if my hair were mine lol.

Miss you by the way.

jera
May 16th, 2009, 02:40 PM
A compliment like that would make my day. :D Don't you just love it. Your hair is awesome BTW.

:cheese:

Feline
May 16th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Only once, and it was a long time ago, when I was working for a local dept store. Some customer evidently couldn't decide for herself, and rather than ask, just gave my hair a tug! I guess my yelp convinced her, and she beat a hasty retreat! FTR, my hair was only about waist length at the time.

GlassEyes
May 16th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Only once, and it was a long time ago, when I was working for a local dept store. Some customer evidently couldn't decide for herself, and rather than ask, just gave my hair a tug! I guess my yelp convinced her, and she beat a hasty retreat! FTR, my hair was only about waist length at the time.
Waist is actually more rare than it often sounds. xD

And wouldn't it hurt even if it WERE fake? Last I checked, weaves are tightly braided, and clip-in extensions are still CLIPPED IN. XD; Oy.

Dementia1013
May 16th, 2009, 02:53 PM
I've definitely been asked if my hair was real. Probably because of the length and color. lol. You have gorgeous hair.

Feline
May 16th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Waist is actually more rare than it often sounds. xD

And wouldn't it hurt even if it WERE fake? Last I checked, weaves are tightly braided, and clip-in extensions are still CLIPPED IN. XD; Oy.

Actually, now that I think about it- a weave or clip-in might hurt more! This happened about 30 years ago, though, before those things were really common. In any case- yanking someone's hair is pretty impolite!

Dementia1013
May 16th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Actually, now that I think about it- a weave or clip-in might hurt more! This happened about 30 years ago, though, before those things were really common. In any case- yanking someone's hair is pretty impolite!

Ouch. That sounds wicked painful... Never used a weave before. Although if done right they actually look quite good.

enfys
May 16th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I've been asked it a few times, and normally when it's in a fancy style that you can't tell length, so the size suggests to most people some of the plaits are fake.

I also had someone ask if I made my headband, and I was like "yeah, it's my hair" and the girl just went "that's your hair?!". She was drunk at the time haha.

jojo
May 16th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Unfortunatelly nobody has ever mentioned this to me but I do get are you growing your hair long, which i think is a strange thing to ask. I wouldn't be growing it short now would I? but being the sweet placid person I am, I just smile and say yes I am!

Sarahmoon
May 16th, 2009, 05:09 PM
No, but my hair isn't as long as yours. Sometimes people seem amazed at the length, but no-one wondered yet if it was fake. Or at least they don't tell me in the face ;)

chelssix
May 16th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Actually, my grandmother once asked if I was wearing extensions.

Helen Baq
May 16th, 2009, 05:55 PM
People used to ask me that when I had blue and green beaded dreadlocks, but, sadly, no one has asked that about my braid. :(

GlennaGirl
May 16th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Ha ha, lorig. "No, it's somebody else's. I'm just borrowing it." I mean what are people expecting you to say?

I have always admired your hair, BTW! It's gorgeous.

julya
May 16th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I have been asked if my hair is 'real' a few times. I just say that it grew out of my head. :)

MemSahib
May 16th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Believe me, it's not comfortable to have your real hair tugged either. Once a church I had mine in single braid and one of the older ladies walked up behind me and yanked on it pretty hard. My whole head was jerked toward the back and it did not feel good. I cut her some slack because 1. she's old, and 2. her mind is not particularly good anymore. It's hard to halfway smile at someone when they've nearly taken your neck off though. And... I rarely wear braids or ponytails to church.

(Whoa, that was a huge departure from the original topic. Sorry. — Ahem. Back to your regularly scheduled question: Do people ask you if your hair is real?)

busnutmedic
May 16th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Never gotten it here, but I guess my hair doesn't exactly look like what a hair manufacturer would try to make their fake hair look like ;)

Masara
May 17th, 2009, 12:11 AM
I was staying a couple of days with my in-laws last year and the first morning, my mother in law just stared at my hair and gasped out "but your hair is long!!" in great surprise.

It turned out that she had assumed that I wore a "clip on bun" (her words) every time she saw me. She's a strange woman, I have to admit, but all the same I really don't see why she would think I would bother doing that, nor how she would imagine my puny buns were fake. Nor, why she think APL (which it was at the time) could be considered long

Dementia1013
May 17th, 2009, 12:27 AM
The other day I had braided my hair and wore it under what I call a 'newsie' hat. I walked into a costume shop to look around while my mom talked to the owners at the Little PI which was right next door. Anyway I walked in and the first thing the lady behind the register said was 'I love your wig!' *sigh* I just smiled and went on looking at the various dresses and whatnot. It still irked me a little, but I could understand why she said it.

Ndnlady
May 17th, 2009, 01:05 AM
I never get people asking me, however my daughter's little school friends ask her if my hair is real!:rolleyes::)

HotRag
May 17th, 2009, 03:12 AM
People has asked me if I have fake hair in, due to thickness.
They also think my real colour is fake. When I hennaed, more people thought it was my real hair colour LOL

Compared to others on this board, it maybe is not so unusual thick, but where I live, most people have thin hair.

Finoriel
May 17th, 2009, 04:02 AM
:lol: Oh yes, they do. Often younger folks, I guess no one who asked that was older than 25. I think it´s slightly odd, bad manners imo. Even if it would be fake hair, who are they to ask? Like I would need to publicly account to a random stranger for having longer hair than the norm has. :shrug: I don´t walk around and ask a random woman on the street if her boobs are inherited or bought from the friendly plastic surgeon down the street :p.
Or is it regarded a compliment these days, to imply one has fake ´insert random body part´ :ponder: ? No?

florenonite
May 17th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Often, these questions take the place of 'WHAT RACE ARE YOU' on the part of women. xD;

The correct response to that, of course, is "human", in proper fantasy style :p

AnneAdeline
May 17th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I've never had anyone ask, though I figure people must think it's fake. The ends of my hair are such a different color than my roots (henna and bleach) that my buns look like "clip-ons".
Lorig, your hair is so amazing I'd just be like this: :thud: I guess some people think that asking if your hair is real is a compliment. Sort of like no one's hair could look that great. :shrug:

Drynwhyl
May 17th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Yes, a couple of times. And it's only hip :P

Medievalhair
May 17th, 2009, 02:03 PM
I haven't had any one ask is my hair is real, not quite long enough yet(BSL). But I have had someone ask when I had curled my hair, if my hair was naturally curly.

marialena
May 17th, 2009, 03:18 PM
I wear my hair in a single braid and almost everyday at work someone will ask me if it is my hair. When seated, which I am at work, my braid is in front draped on my thigh and reaches to my knee. Maybe they think it's too long to be my real hair, I don't know. Do people ask you that too??

They never ask me something like this but if they did I would take it as a compliment. That would mean that my hair would be so perfect that they would look like artificial.

Btw your hair are just gorgeous.. soo beautiful.. I'm really very jealous and I wish to had such beautiful hair.. :)

allege
May 17th, 2009, 03:26 PM
I have had people ask this question, I have even had them tug it to make sure it was real.

Stubborn
May 17th, 2009, 04:25 PM
since my hair is pretty thick and curly a few months ago at about 7 months of growth I was in my car. I guess the girl from my school didn't see me clearly and assumed I was wearing a WIG, hahaha. I don't blame her, my hair was even more out of control then.

Speckla
May 17th, 2009, 04:38 PM
No one would look at my hair today and ask if it was real or not. They may ask why I'm wearing my dustmop on my head...but no way it looks like a wig. :rolleyes:

windinherhair
May 17th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I have had people ask me if I have extensions. Your hair seems a lot longer then mine though.

Tangles
May 17th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I don't get offended easily, but I find this a rather ignorant question to ask. For one, if you ARE using a weave to enhance your own hair, it's no one's business. Secondly, it implies that people in general aren't capable or patient enough to grow healthy, thick hair to that length. Finally, I don't know about the rest of you, but if I ever used extensions I wouldn't get them that long, it would be way too heavy and damaging to my real hair.

But yes, it's a huge compliment. :D

zen_oven
May 17th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Gosh, I wish my hair was long enough for people to ask me that! Sigh. . . someday.

Kleis
May 17th, 2009, 09:59 PM
The other day I was wearing my length down, with the front held back with a Graydog barrette. Someone walked up behind me and said, "You got your hairpiece at [some store], right?"

I looked back, tugged it and said, "Nope, all me." Turns out she was talking about my barrette. :lol: I'll have to go check out that store.

Flynn
May 17th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Never, but my braid's too scruffy-looking by the end of the day not to be real!

zombi
May 18th, 2009, 02:13 AM
I've definitely been asked if my hair was real. Probably because of the length and color. lol. You have gorgeous hair.

YOU have gorgeous hair my dear! Love the purple colour!

Aditi
May 18th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Ya i was driving back home after meeting my friends and tied my hair in pony tail that day. Suddenly a girl drove beside me and asked me if it was my natural hair, but it was a long time back when i had knee-length hair :wail:. God why did i have to cut my hair :brickwall

annie09
May 18th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Yeah i have been asked, mother sister and other sister all thought it had to be extensions and my hair isn't even waist yet, i guess it's cos i have worn it up for so long and maybe cos it was looking so good due to lhc methods i have been using, whatever it was i took it as a compliment.

Milui Elenath
May 18th, 2009, 07:46 AM
People has asked me if I have fake hair in, due to thickness.
They also think my real colour is fake. When I hennaed, more people thought it was my real hair colour LOL

Compared to others on this board, it maybe is not so unusual thick, but where I live, most people have thin hair.

I thought it was just me! Quite a few times people have insisted that my natural hair colour (my avatar) was not natural. Now that I've henna'd, one of those same people said, "your hair looks so natural with that colour." :rolleyes: It is a shade brighter, minus the grey! Sadly no-one has assumed my hair length was not real - yet!:D

Tornerose
May 18th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Yes it's happened a few times. The time I remember best, was in a birthday party. My hair was shorter then, probably right above waist, and I had slept with it in curlers for 3 days, so I had quite a bit of volume, almost 80s style.
All the people there kept eyeing my hair, and this one girl, who had very thin hair asked me seeral time how real it was. I had to repeat over and over that the curls were fake, the rest was real. She even asked to touch it several times, she didn't believe it was all real even after touching :D

I've never felt so good about my hair before or later :)

blue_nant
May 18th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Some folks are pretty dippy, when they ask if that's your hair. But at least if they ASK, they don't risk me punching them for yanking on my braid. Le duh!

CurlyMoo
September 4th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Yes my doorman recently asked me if my hair was real. As he asked he ran his hand along my braid. I was flattered. I like him so I didn't mind him asking and touching my braid.

Speckla
September 4th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Just once. A very elderly lady was raving about my cut and color and that my hair was just so beautiful and perfect...was it a wig? Nope. It was my own colored, fried, and bobcut hair... :cheese:

halo_tightens
September 4th, 2009, 07:41 PM
It happened to me a lot when I was in high school. At one time I had most of my head shaved slick-bald, except for the very top of my head. The hair there was about BSL. (I suppose it would have been a mohawk if I'd spiked it up, but I never did.) It was awesome, because I could either put in up in a ponytail and be wonderfully cool in summer, or wear it down-- and my hair is thick enough that you couldn't tell there was only hair on top. The bald head beneath didn't show at all. (Anyone else remember that mid-90's trend?)

Any time I would go out in public with a long ponytail and my baldness showing beneath, someone would always have to ask if that was my real hair up there.

It certainly hasn't happened yet this time around, since I'm not even to APL yet. But man, I can't wait!!!:D

aada
September 4th, 2009, 07:46 PM
I used to get asked this when my hair was long when I was little. (Also, every single time i go to a salon, there's SEVERAL comments about the thickness. :D)

I am thinking I will be pretty okay with people asking if it's my hair, but what I am horribly afraid of is people yanking it. I have a very tender scalp, and pulling my hair either makes me cry or makes me strike out without thinking/looking. Guess which one I do in public...:pins: I just...hope I never hit some little old lady or some little kid! (Well, more concerned about the little old ladies...;))

Annushka
September 4th, 2009, 08:03 PM
In college someone asked if I dyed my hair black, but that was understandable because of my punk look at the time.

halo tightens - I had that hairstyle too! But for me it was the early '90's, and the hair on top was only about chin-length. I grew it out from a buzz cut and chin-length was all I could handle at the time, and after my brother's wedding I shaved underneath it. I could make a little pony-stub. If I had a scanner, I'd post the picture.

At one point in high school, maybe 1987, I had a few inches of hair and then a long tail going to about APL which I used to braid. Some girl asked me if the tail was real or a clip-in. At the time I couldn't believe that someone would clip in a tail. I might actually still have it somewhere tucked away in a box...hmm...maybe I'll dig it out and clip it in...

vindo
September 4th, 2009, 08:12 PM

Since hip length I have gotten comments like that. Especially the taper makes people think I have tresses or some other sort of extensions.:eek:

Recently someone commented on a pic: "Great hair, who put it up for you and how much did it cost?"

I was kinda peeved to be honest...:rolleyes:

Nypsy
October 16th, 2009, 09:10 PM
I haven't recently, but in elementary school when my hair was virgin and waist length, one of my classmates told me my hair looked like his babysitters wig and he wouldn't believe me that it was really my hair.

little_acorn
October 16th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Your hair is scrumptious Lorig - but no, no-ones asked me about mine LOL

lorig713
October 17th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I think from now on if someone asks me that again, I'll take it as a compliment even if it isn't. lol A funny thing is that since I posted this, no one has asked me that again. Haha!

And speaking of compliments, thank you for the sincere compliments some of you have left for me! :inlove:

nowxisxforever
October 17th, 2009, 11:28 AM
I've never had anyone ask me I don't recall, but if I did it wouldn't be a big deal. I'm not offended by innocent questions, personally!! If they want to know, let them ask. There are far more offensive things I've been asked in my (rather short) lifetime.

Ina
October 17th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I got this question more than once when my hair was hip lenght. I took it as a compliment:)

JamieLeigh
October 19th, 2009, 09:36 AM
I've only had one person to ask me if it's my real hair - it was in a braided Chinese bun, and I guess it looked too big for my head. :p All I had to do was pull out the stick, and my two braids fell down, and they said, "Oh...ok. It's really pretty." And they walked off.

Now, if I had a dollar for every time I've been asked if I'm going to donate my hair....I'd have about 20 bucks I think. Ever since last fall, I've had those comments - probably not as many times as others, because I think Alabama is always the last to pick up on trends. ;)

Amara
October 19th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Just last week I wore my hair up in a cinnabun-pony to rehearsals and then it was down for the show I was in later that night. While I was brushing it out in the dressing room (parting it different ways, combing it all out - made it obvious that it was my hair I guess!) two of the girls said they thought I had been wearing a clip in hair piece earlier that day.

HairColoredHair
October 19th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I've gotten that, though not always to my face... my roomies new boy asked her if I had extensions... I don't think they make them at knee length...

GeoJ
October 19th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I don't normally get that question, but when I do some elaborate style for a costume I will usually be asked if it is my real hair (especially if I do the Princess Leia buns).

JCFantasy23
October 19th, 2009, 10:37 PM
Nope, I've never been asked. Now I'm wanting to be lol

Charlotte
October 19th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Oh how I wish someone would say that to me...sigh... :o Your hair really does look too good to be true! :D

lorig713
October 24th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Nope, I've never been asked. Now I'm wanting to be lol

Maybe I just bump into a lot of strange people. :lol:

lorig713
October 24th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Oh how I wish someone would say that to me...sigh... :o Your hair really does look too good to be true! :D

Thank you! :D

meichigo
October 24th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Memorably, I had my cousin do that to me once. Temporary pink dye (Punky Colours) was fading from my hair, and I had it in some kind of updo. This, naturally, highlighted the difference between the tips, where my natural color had faded the most from sun exposure (allowing the dye to absorb better) and my roots, which were darker and more resilient.

She insisted it looked like extensions, and if I recall correctly, made grabbing motions at my head. She's known me my whole life and I've always had long hair, so she must have been joking, but it was a bit dramatic.

harpgal
October 24th, 2009, 02:11 PM
LOL! Oh yes, I am asked that. However, it usually happens when I wear a braided bun. More than one person has asked me if my hair bun is real and not just a fake that is pinned on. Pretty funny!

But I must tell you, lorig713, with your spectacular tresses, I am not surprised.

GlassEyes
October 24th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I was just asked today if my hair was natural, or if I paid hundreds of dollars to get it like that. :lol: It was for the curl, though, not the length. xDDD

It was fairly complimentary though; when I said it was natural, the lady said she couldn't speak what she wanted to say, because she was at work. :lol:

Stevy
October 24th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Yes, all the time, even though my hair isn't as long as yours. What puzzles me is what they expect in the way of an answer. "No, it's my brother's" ?

Bene
October 24th, 2009, 03:22 PM
No one ever asks me if my hair is real. I think because I wear it in a bun all the time, and unless there's something I've never heard of, there aren't any wigs that mimic the way real hair ties into a bun, in the sense that it lies back against the head without bangs or side dangles. Another thing, I seriously doubt anyone would pay money for a frizzy wig.

Years ago, there was a shampoo/conditioner that would supposedly make hair curly. I remember I was away at a school thing, and I'd washed my hair and let it air dry. This one girl asked me if I'd used that shampoo.

Another time, also in highschool, a friend of mine joked around that I wore a wig. And he did this often enough that it made some other kid wig check me :D It was alright, he tugged gently on it. The only reason he did was because someone had spread the seeds of doubt and I did nothing to disprove him. I don't think this counts.

23_seconds
October 24th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Now not so much. When my hair was longer? All. The. Time. Then again I lived in an area where women generally had very short hair (I blame Posh Spice!), and the women that did have long hair, more often than not wore extensions.

crystal_89
October 24th, 2009, 10:52 PM
When my hair was waist length and had a lot of layers I had people ask if my hair was real. I think it was more the style than anything else though that made my hair look suspiciously fake as large variation in lengths of hair tend to indicate extensions.

kiana
October 25th, 2009, 02:21 AM
OMG!!your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!

Yozhik
October 25th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! What a beautiful color and wave :)
No one's ever asked me about my hair because it's too short, but I wish they would.

Alexannee10
October 25th, 2009, 04:43 AM
One of my friend that I haven't seen since last year told me "Your braid is beautiful! But it isn't your real hair eh? For how long have you been wearing hair extension?" And I repied "Em, that's my real hair. :)"

vdhendrix
October 25th, 2009, 04:54 AM
lol when i wear my hair in a pony tail people always ask me if its a clip on

Johanna
October 27th, 2009, 12:37 AM
I've been asked if my hair was clip on. I had my hair in two braids and a scarf wrapped over the top of my head.
I do get alot of comments that 'you don't see young ladies with long hair anymore'. Definitly alot of the older generation comment that they like my long hair. I have it in a single braid at work, sometimes it swings over my sholder and I've had a few comments on are they extentions and such. When my hair is in it's braid, the tie sits just past bsl and my tassle sits about and inch or two below that.

lorig713
November 1st, 2009, 02:17 PM
OMG!!your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!

Thank you very much! :o

lorig713
November 1st, 2009, 02:19 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! What a beautiful color and wave :)
No one's ever asked me about my hair because it's too short, but I wish they would.

...and thank you! Who knows, one day they may! :D

lorig713
November 1st, 2009, 02:20 PM
One of my friend that I haven't seen since last year told me "Your braid is beautiful! But it isn't your real hair eh? For how long have you been wearing hair extension?" And I repied "Em, that's my real hair. :)"

I think that's why I get asked, due to my braid which could easily be clipped on.

HildeMV
November 1st, 2009, 04:18 PM
No, nobody has asked me that.

Elvi
November 1st, 2009, 04:43 PM
I have got some lighter strays in my hair with gray and white hairs coming slowly, and credit for them has been given to a hair stylist! So I have gladly explained that this is indeed my real hair color. The length of my hair is not unusual. :pumpkin:

Quixii
November 1st, 2009, 04:48 PM
Yesterday for Halloween me and two of my best friends went Trick or Treating together as Greek goddesses. All of us have past waist length hair, and there were a couple people asking us in amazement "is that your real hair?" :D

Mayanquice
November 1st, 2009, 04:48 PM
Not at all but I'm only at BS length. I do have a friend with very long hair & she gets asked all the time if it's hers, if it's extensions lol

Alexannee10
November 1st, 2009, 05:13 PM
Someone asked me if I was wearing hair extension .. Haha I was proud to say no :) !

Wanderer09
November 1st, 2009, 05:19 PM
When I wear my hair down and curly, I'm sometimes asked if the curls are natural. Never got asked about the length though.

Wicked Princess
November 1st, 2009, 05:30 PM
Depending on my hairstyle, I get this question a lot - or not at all.

If I am wearing my hair down, in a simple braid, I never get that question. It's not unusual around here for there to be Indian or old Asian women with hair at classic length in a basic braid.

If I am wearing it in a low ponytail, or have braided small braids to take the place of a headband, people ask if the braids AND my hair are real all the time.

If I have my hair in a basic infinity or rose bun, nobody asks me if it's real.

If I have my hair in a bunned pony* people will ask me if I have a fake hair piece in.

If my hair is completely straight (I blow dry it like that maybe once a month), I get asked if I'm wearing extensions or a wig. But if I didn't blow dry it straight, and instead have braid waves, everyone hurries to tell me they can't believe my hair is that long - they've already made the assumption that is.

I suppose everyone around here isn't very creative or something, if all the elaborate hairstyles are assumed to be made with fake pieces!

*(I don't know the name of this hairstyle...it's where you wrap your hair once, like you're making a cinnamon bun, but then pull the rest of your hair through, like a knot - it eats up tons of length and makes me feel like I have shoulder length hair again. :)).

skay
November 6th, 2009, 05:31 PM

I just got this question a few days ago.

A friend I see about once a month slid into my car, said hello & looked at me, and asked if my hair/braids were real.

I was just wearing 2 dutch braids. I was kind of surprised and just looked at her for a second before answering.

I usually have my hair up so she wasn't used to seeing it down I guess. My hair is maybe almost BSL.

Fiferstone
November 6th, 2009, 05:43 PM
I haven't gotten that one yet (my hair is at hip and approaching tailbone) and I wear it up most of the time. Though my boss today did compliment my bun, which was nice :).

spidermom
November 6th, 2009, 05:46 PM
I was just thinking that it would be funny to say "no, I'm carrying it for a friend."

Sissy
November 6th, 2009, 06:30 PM

I have never been asked but I think it's thin and uneven enough that people just know it's real.

Your hair is fantastic, lorig713!!!

Redheaded Raven
November 6th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Well when you have your fairytale hair Lorig, someone is bound to ask such a question. You have awesome hair. I have always thought so.
:flower:

Elenna
November 6th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Never, but my braid's too scruffy-looking by the end of the day not to be real!

I'll join you in the scruffy hair department, but hope to have longer and more perfect hair some day.

darkwaves
November 6th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Yes, your hair is wonderful! I love that sheen.

blondecat
November 6th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I've never had anyone ask that. Maybe my hair is so obviously babyfine that people can tell it's real. They don't seem to make wigs like this. And I'm sure the grey helps.

Same here. My hair is soooo very fine and such an Odd colour, no-one would ever have to contemplate it's *real-ness*

blondecat
November 6th, 2009, 07:36 PM

OmG, I lovvveee your Hair. Can I comb it for you. Can I play with it Pretty Please. Drool :) :)

wonhwa
November 7th, 2009, 02:00 PM
slight hijack here: Masara, how do you do that hairstyle in your note?

Back to topic: When I started coloring my hair people stopped asking if I colored it! Then I started doing henna, and people ask constantly if that is my natural color.
I usually say, "Mostly."

If they ask me what color my hair is, I say , "Red."

But no one asks if it is real; they do ask if I have ever had it cut! It is not even to my thighs yet. I think people have no clue how much their hair grows or how long it takes to grow it.