PDA

View Full Version : Heat Free Non Damaging Gorgeous Curls: Alternative to Rag Rollers!

sweetbluesky
May 16th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Hi Everyone,
I was trying to think of what to do with my hair. It has been day 5 of not washing and it looks blah, my waves are frizzy, greasy roots, and flat hair everywhere. I tried this tutorial, on dry hair, and slept with it overnight (actually pretty comfortable).
I detangled my hair, put some aloe vera gel in, and set the curls. I removed the pins the next morning, after my shower, and voila! When I removed the pins, I did not have any hair tangled in the pins, no pulling or anything.
I did not wrap them with cloth before going to sleep, but I did wrap them before my shower to keep them in. I think the method she uses helps with root lift, because my roots look amazing for day 5 hair. If you have frizz, just use a light coating of your favorite oil, it should do the trick. I love love love this, it is cheap, doesn't require anything special, won't damage hair, and is beautiful.
The greasiness from the last few days is giving me extra shine, but I think this style could work on freshly washed hair too, next time I will try it with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50yw2W5F_z8&feature=channel_page
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo21/24/34/cf25710a81bf__1242467303000.jpeg

Natalia
May 16th, 2009, 12:16 PM
WOW your hair is amazing! I wish mine would curl like that *jelousy* You have my dream curls :D I want them! I will have to try that sometime

GlassEyes
May 16th, 2009, 12:22 PM
That is really pretty.

Her videos are actually pretty popular on here.

nayver
May 16th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Beautiful! I'll try tonight. Thanks

jera
May 16th, 2009, 02:54 PM
That looks awesome !! I used to have to use a curling iron to achieve a similar effect but quit because it was damaging my hair. :o

manderly
May 16th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah, this is great. I did a tutorial based on this video in the old forums. It's a really great method :)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/CIMG1719.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/CIMG1730.jpg

My hair was much shorter then and very orange. :D

enfys
May 16th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I love the woman who did thattutorial. She's so beautiful and clever. I did her tutorial with the headband of roses; I will be putting photos up when I next add some.

Sweetbluesky, I so want to be jealous of your curls, but since you were kind enough to share how you got them all I will do is admire them. So shiny and frizzless!

Dreamernz
May 16th, 2009, 05:26 PM
lol I figured how to do this a while back, they're pin curls. I use a pencil to curl each section and spritz with conditioner solution too :D:D:D

Anlbe
May 16th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Wow you hair looks great. Sadly bobby pins are evil to my hair.

Fractalsofhair
May 16th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I love pincurls! Takes a while, but looks amazing.

Fencai
May 16th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I love pincurls! Takes a while, but looks amazing.

i was having the same thought! I loving doing pin curls before photoshoots, it lets me get a better night sleep than sleeping on curlers!

manderly
May 16th, 2009, 08:00 PM
These aren't technically pin curls, since pincurls lay flat and sideways against your head, compressed. These are created just like pincurls, but they stand up :) It makes for a softer curl IMHO.

FullMoonTrim
May 16th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks! Great video. I am going to try that as soon as I get my bobby pins. I subscribed the woman who posted the video! It looks like she has great tips on different hairstyles.

Thinthondiel
May 16th, 2009, 08:32 PM
These aren't technically pin curls, since pincurls lay flat and sideways against your head, compressed. These are created just like pincurls, but they stand up :) It makes for a softer curl IMHO.

They're standing pincurls. They could also be called barrel curls, since she uses such large sections of hair... you usually call them standing pincurls if they're smaller, I think. Barrel curls and standing pincurls do make softer curls, and also more volume than flat pincurls do, but flat pincurls are a lot more comfortable to sleep in (IMO).

sweetbluesky
May 16th, 2009, 10:10 PM
WOW your hair is amazing! I wish mine would curl like that *jelousy* You have my dream curls :D I want them! I will have to try that sometime

thank you so much for your kind compliment, Natalia.

Sweetbluesky, I so want to be jealous of your curls, but since you were kind enough to share how you got them all I will do is admire them. So shiny and frizzless!

thank you very much Enfys !

Wow you hair looks great. Sadly bobby pins are evil to my hair.

Thanks Anlbe!

This is my first time posting photos of my hair beside my avatar picture, it is so nice to hear good feedback. You guys are all the best :cheese: I love the support here!

manderly
May 16th, 2009, 10:39 PM
They're standing pincurls. They could also be called barrel curls, since she uses such large sections of hair... you usually call them standing pincurls if they're smaller, I think. Barrel curls and standing pincurls do make softer curls, and also more volume than flat pincurls do, but flat pincurls are a lot more comfortable to sleep in (IMO).

Yup, standing pincurls....I thought I wrote that, lol.

Unfortunately I got crushing of the ones in the back when I slept on them, not too bad, but noticeable to me. So yeah, I can definitely see that standard pincurls would be more comfy to sleep in. :D