PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Deep Dark Secrets

lhangel9
May 15th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I just joined a hair growing challenge at work today. It ends on the last day of September (2009). There are various lengths and the goal is to see who can grow the most hair in that amount of time. There's no money or prizes involved - just the challenge. I'm currently 1/8" from the top of BSL. My hair grows approximately 1" per month and sometimes longer. Please ladies (and gents) who can give me some pointers on speeding up my growth:eyebrows: I promise I won't tell the secrets because I would like to WIN:cheese: I'm a newbie here and have seen most of your threads. You have given me so much enthusiasm thus far:) I already know about S&D's, trimming ever so often, etc. I'd like to know if any of you have any special tricks that you apply to grow and retain your long locks. Thanks in advance!!

manderly
May 15th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Monistat treatments have been known to cause growth. Do a search for the thread if you want to read up :)

lhangel9
May 15th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Thanks manderly. I've read so much about Monistat. I was always afraid to try it, but maybe I'll give it a try. Your hair has a nice shine to it by the way. Thanks again!!

Cereus
May 15th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Well 1" a month is pretty fast growth so NO TRIMS for the duration of the competition.

lhangel9
May 15th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Cereus thanks for your prompt reply. I always thought that 1" per month was very good also. However, a couple ladies at my job grow between 1" - 1" per month and (of course) they've entered the contest as well (frowns). Your hair is so pretty and I love the red!!!

SleepySin
May 15th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Castor oil is said to aid hair growth (I'm testing this now). Also taking the appropriate vitamins/minerals to boost your body's production capability. No junk food, less processed sugars, high protein..

SimplyLonghair
May 15th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Some of our longer haired members that had thought that they had reached terminal length managed to get out of a stall by really making sure that they drank enough water.

So make sure that you eat healthy, with lots of protein for hair, and drink plenty of water and take vitamins.

That is about all that most of us try to do.:rolleyes:

Debra83
May 15th, 2009, 11:00 PM
MSM and be careful of ponytails and clips and things we use like curling irons, straighteners and blow dryers.

AlleyKitten
May 15th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Baby your ends! Over a month it might not make the hugest difference, but every little bit helps, right? My hair started growing again after I thought it had stopped about elbow-length when I started using gentler shampoo, washing less often, using more conditioner, and not brushing it wet. Switch to combing if you can manage it, and be verrrry gentle so as not to snap hairs -- it's best to do it either in the shower with conditioner in, or after it's dried. Try putting it up to protect it even more if there's a style you like and can do easily. I hear scalp massages mentioned around the board, to promote bloodflow to the follicles.

RancheroTheBee
May 16th, 2009, 12:05 AM
The following things have helped me.

1) Exercise. I'm super-lazy, so I just jump around for 10 minutes a day, but it does help.

2) Eat well/take vitamins. Kind of a no-brainer.

3) Chill out, and sleep well.

Basically, it all amounts to treating yourself better.

As for taking care of the hair you already have, I found CWC and CO really helped me, as well as Fox's Conditioning Cream.

That considered,1 inch a month is pretty amazing!

serious
May 16th, 2009, 12:42 AM
You could also try scalp massage. Use the oil of your choice and add a few drops of rosemary, sage or thyme EO and massage the mix in your scalp or just do the massage with your fingertips.

lhangel9
May 16th, 2009, 03:48 PM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! to everyone. I'm going to try your suggestions starting today. I've heard some of the suggestions before but was just too lazy to get into it. Now with your great encouragement I plan on winning this darned contest (or at least come in 2nd place);):D

wintersun99
May 16th, 2009, 04:26 PM
I would just reiterate scalp massage (gentle) daily and MN. Good luck :)

GlassEyes
May 16th, 2009, 05:18 PM
In addition to what everyone else has said, make sure your hair is well-protected (i.e., from damage) so that it doesn't break off and seem like it's stalling. Try using oil on the ends to protect them.

The better you care for your hair (and your ends) the more likely you'll be able to keep it growing long.

Fairlight63
May 16th, 2009, 07:37 PM
These are some of the things that I have used:
Nettle tea rinse on hair plus drink the Nettle tea, Chlorella, Mega-tek rebuilder, coffee rinse, hair vitamins, biotin, Monistat

Let us know how it goes, OK? Hope that you win!

Cinnamon Hair
May 16th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I already know about S&D's, trimming ever so often, etc. I'd like to know if any of you have any special tricks that you apply to grow and retain your long locks. Thanks in advance!![/B]

NOOOOOOOO! DON'T TRIM!
Between now and the last day of Sept. do not let scissors touch your hair. That is the best way to gain length fast. I don't know who told you trimming makes hair grow faster, but it's a blatant lie. Think about it: cutting = shorter hair.

spidermom
May 16th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Hair grows fastest if you don't trim it (as long as it isn't severely damaged).

lhangel9
May 18th, 2009, 10:28 PM
And more thanks for your support!!!!!!!!!!!

Wintersun99 - I'm going to be doing scalp massages each night before I go to bed. Thanks for the encouragement!!:)

GlassEyes - I've been applying conditioners to my ends ever so often. Maybe I'll use oils also (more often). Thank You!:)

Fairlight63 - Oh, oh guess what? I read on LHCF recently about using Nettle Tea and Nettle Hair Rinse. Now don't laugh but this past weekend I pulled up all of the Nettle weeds in my yard, cleaned them & then boiled them. Afterwards I strained them to make a tea and hair rinse. The taste was extremely bitter, but I didn't have any adverse affects from it & when I rinsed my hair, it felt "slightly" softer afterwards with just a teeny bit more of shine. I hope it will help with the growth!:) I'll look into the hair vits and biotin as well. I keep hearing about Mega-tek but haven't gotten up the courage to try it yet. I'm just so afraid of being disappointed. Thanks again for the other ideas. I must get braver and give them a try!!!

CinnamonHair - My pledge to you!!! :cheese: I solemly promise NOT to trim my hair between now and last day of September (or even longer - who knows). You're right - everytime I cut my hair it only gets shorter and then I'm waiting impatiently for it to grow back. Thanks - I promise to be good!!

Spidermom - That makes perfect sense. :) Just like CinnamonHair said. Oooh I'm so mad at the stylist who talked me into letting her cut my hair and telling me that it was so that it would grow even longer and faster....oooooohhhhh!!! Ok I've vented. Can't wait to keep from having it cut and then let her see it by the end of Sept. or early Oct.
I KNOW I can win this challenge. By the way 6 more people have joined the contest. This is going to be great!

I really, really do thank all of you. You're The Best!!! LOL:cheese::cheese: