PDA

View Full Version : Hi from New Zealand!

Paniculata
May 15th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Hey folks,

Just found out about this website and being one of long hair, I thought I might join and get to know a bit more about the world of long hair as its not really something ive put much thought to, even though ive been growing my hair for about .. hmm .. 9 years now (no trims, I will never cut my hair).

I didnt know there was an online community for long-haired people (should have guessed though, everythings on the internet!) and am happy to find it. Hopefully, after reading though some of the forums, I will be able to find out a bit more on how to care for my hair (as I currently dont really put much effort in) properly and give it the attention I think it deserves.

Look forward to the learning curve and meeting some fellow long-haired people!

Cheers,
-Pan.

Redheaded Raven
May 15th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Welcome to LHC :)

Paniculata
May 15th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Thank you! Ive just finished reading some of the articles on hair care and its all very interesting! There are a few things on my 'to try' list and will be noting them down when tried and what the results are.

To be honest, I really havnt taken care of my hair. Im not sure why, but things that may seem simple (like using oils) scare the pants of off me! Looks like its time to man-up and just try some things, im sure some of them would make a huge difference to my poor hair!

Guenever
May 15th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Hi Pan!

- And welcome! :D Which part of NZ are you from if you don't mind me asking? Not kiwi myself, but have lived here since September '08 and currently reside in Welly.
Love this place.. if I could stay, I probably would..

Looks like you're enjoying the boards already! I'll see you around! :flowers:

Longlocks3
May 15th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Welcome! This site is amazing. Truly amazing. It's the best group I've ever joined online. Be careful though, it's quite addicting.

Paniculata
May 15th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Hah! Wellington too (well, more like Porirua-ish)! Its a small world; well, its a small country :p Hope you are enjoying your time over here, I love NZ and Welly especially. Now ill be wondering anytime I see someone with long hair if its you :p There are a few long-haired folks ive seen around but not that many.

Paniculata
May 15th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Ha, thank you! Im still up to my eye-balls in the Article pages, some really interesting stuff over there. Just started looking at the 'up-do's' pages as my poor hair only gets one style: twisted in a bun with a hair tie, I think it might be time to try some of these other fancy styles but im not sure I have the co-ordination for most of them and my hair is so fine it just slips through most clips and ties, makes it tricky!

Guenever
May 15th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Hah! Wellington too (well, more like Porirua-ish)! Its a small world; well, its a small country :p Hope you are enjoying your time over here, I love NZ and Welly especially. Now ill be wondering anytime I see someone with long hair if its you :p There are a few long-haired folks ive seen around but not that many.

Haha, cool. and yeah, small world indeed!
I'm in Wellington Central, just off Willis st/Manners st.
But about seeing a head of long hair around town -- I wear it up 99% of the time, so might be hard to spot :wink:
Let me know if you're ever up for a small LHC meet^^ Maybe Botticelli Gold would like to join as well!

I'm loving it here.. REALLY loving it. But sadly I have to go home to study in August. As a foreigner it's really expensive to study here.. looked into it cause Massey sounded like a good place to get a bachelor in Fine Arts.
So.. home I go. Probably leaving Welly in late June. Right after I've watched the All Blacks have kicked some French ass at Westpac Stadium on June 20 :lol:

But I'm coming back.. some day! I've promised myself that! :D cause this country is amazing.

Paniculata
May 15th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Im looking for a place to live in the city, but not having much luck so far :(

I too wear mine up 99.5% of the time (too much wind around here to wear it down more often). People are always really surprised when I let it down to show the length, because its fine and looks small in a bun, its amusing to see their faces.

Not sure when im next going to be in the city, but I wouldnt say no to a tiny LHC meet up next time I can make it out there (using public transport, no car). After next week ill have some time off so might be coming your way to do things like go to the museum and eat sushi etc lol, ill let you know :)

Thats a real shame that the study thing is too expensive and dosnt look like its going to work out :( *hugs* But as you said, im sure you will be back! Most people come back, they cant stay away ;)

Teazel
May 15th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Welcome to LHC! :flower: There are quite a few of us Kiwis here; no doubt some will show up and introduce themselves. :)

I didnt know there was an online community for long-haired people (should have guessed though, everythings on the internet!) and am happy to find it.

Hehe, those were my thoughts exactly when I accidentally stumbled across this place. :D

Paniculata
May 15th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Ha! Another one! *plays spot-the-kiwi* :)

That's some mighty fine hair you've got going on there! It has been really interesting to see peoples avatars with photos of their hair; I dont know anyone else in real life who has long hair (or is aiming for it) so its not something I get to see often.

When people come up to me in public and touch my hair (without asking, but that's a whole other rant though!) and get all "Omg! Hair! Long!" over it I get confused because I forget that not everyone has long hair; I spend all day on my own and only see people when I go to the shops etc so its easy to forget :)

Teazel
May 16th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Thanks! :flowers: Yes, there are plenty of jaw-droppingly gorgeous avatars here; it's easy to get hair-envy or hair anorexia. :silly: I used to think I had long hair.

You're sort of lucky if you get compliments IRL. Nobody ever comments on my hair, other than friends and family. Maybe they will if I can reach knee-length. :eyebrows:

ETA: Oh, I tell a lie. My DH's boss commented on my hair at a party recently - very much in the "Omg! Hair! Long!" vein. :rolleyes: And he touched it! I wouldn't mind, but I can't stand the man. Ugh.

Paniculata
May 16th, 2009, 01:11 AM
I have long hair, but I still dont believe it, no idea why not, but it just seems normal to me and not special or anything!

Compliments are ok, even though they freak me out (I dont deal with people very well) so I mumble something like "mmhmthanks" and walk away quickly. I do not, however, like it when people come up from behind me with no warning and start stroking my hair, gives me fits, really. I think its similar to touching a pregnant belly, just because its there, dosnt mean you can touch it, ask first! I am extremely sensitive about my personal space and people 'having a hair-attack' as I call it, drive me mad. I would never touch another person without asking first, I just cannot understand why people think its ok to sneak up on someone from behind and get all drooly over their hair. Its creepy ;)

This is possibly why I wear my hair up 99% of the time, no one touches me then, in fact, people are just down right rude :p

AprilElf
May 16th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Welcome to LHC Paniculata! :blossom: Another fellow Kiwi here - I'm from the Waikato. ;)
I'm sure you'll have heaps of fun here and learn a lot of useful stuff!

Paniculata
May 16th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Thank you for the welcome, fellow kiwi!

Ive learned a lot already, just from reading through the Articles pages. Got a small list of things I would like to try (my hair hasnt been looked after in years) and will make the effort this week to track down some of the things I need, like plain aloe vera (my plants are in CHCH or I would have used them!) gel etc.

Botticelli Gold
May 18th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Hi there!
Another Kiwi here. Hope you enjoy your time here on LHC.
:)

Botticelli Gold
May 18th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Let me know if you're ever up for a small LHC meet^^ Maybe Botticelli Gold would like to join as well!

Ooh yea! I'd be up for that. sounds good.

Sasha_S
May 19th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Hi,
I'm new to the forum too! Wow, 9 years without cutting your hair, that's impressive! I hope I have your determination lurking within me somewhere :)
x