PDA

View Full Version : de-lurking after a year

inertia
May 14th, 2009, 10:27 AM
I've been lurking for over a year and thought I should introduce myself. My nationality is American but I live in Japan.

I currently have a neo-mullet cut. I got the cut so I could do fashionable gyaru styles. The only problem is that every time my hairdresser trims the upper layers, she unintentionally thins out the bottom more and more, and I'm afraid one of these days I'll end up with BSL. Because of that, I think I'll let the layers grow out.

My natural color is dark brown, almost black. Until about a year ago I bleached it to dark blonde. Since then I've been growing it out in a medium brown shade, using semi-permanent dye to cover the blonde. I'd like to grow out the bleached parts gradually. Aside from that I don't have any particular hair goals. If it gets much longer than this, I'm afraid I'll get frustrated and chop it short like I've already done 3 times before when it was long.

I'm trying to get it a bit healthier by practicing benign neglect on days when I'm not going anywhere special. And it would be really nice to get some updo ideas, especially with the summer weather coming up. I probably can't do most styles because of my layers, but maybe I'll find something that works.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m209/aitreni/misc/hair_09-05.jpg

I thought my hair was 1c but it doesn't look like it in this picture. This is after washing/air-drying the night before and and throwing it in a ponytail. It's wavier when freshly clean. When are you supposed to decide the type?

Heavenly Locks
May 14th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Konbanwa! :flower:

Welcome to LHC! Your hair is lovely and shiny! (dare I say that it is longer than 'hip'? Maybe tail bone?)