PDA

View Full Version : My hair is FINALLY long enough for up-dos again...

redneckprincess
May 14th, 2009, 07:14 AM
Yeah I know no biggy, right, Well Im thrilled, ok Im not usually too creative when it comes to hair styles just straighten and go. Well now that I no longer have to use my straightner (and my hair is finally long enough again) I thought I'd mess around with my hair for a bit, actually it happened by total accident, I was getting ready to go on a field trip with my DS9, and hubby made a comment about my hair colors (still trying to fade it...but thats another post) I was irate and couldnt get my hair to look nice enough in a pony. So after crying a bit and tempting the shaver I put it in a pony and grabbed some bobbypins. I for one thought it looked good. I havent been able to do anything like that in years, Im so proud...now until I can use my new hair sticks I bought this past Feb, and are still in the package...
anyways I dont know how to add a pic so I will try to put up a link...if it dont work you can just go to my page/album look in album marked second attempt, tell me what you think....but be nice:D
♥ Angie
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=3065&pictureid=39181

UPDATE: the pic below is the pic I didnt realize if you change your signature pic it changes it in ALL your old posts...cool

Sarahmoon
May 14th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Of course it's a biggy! From short to updo-length is quite a big step.
Looks nice. I'm a bit jealous of people being able to do messy updos and stuff. My updos always look neat. Maybe my hair is too long and straight to make good looking messy updos...

florenonite
May 14th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Ooh, that looks pretty! I also like the colours; they contrast with each other nicely.

melrose1985
May 14th, 2009, 09:36 AM
WOOT! It looks great!!!! I know when I could finally get mine back I was super stoked!

kdaniels8811
May 14th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Your first milestone! Congratulations! I love the updo, it does look really cute. Your hair looks thick and shiny. Now just keep repeating, no cuts, no trims, no cuts, no trims. Your hair will be BSL in no time. Good job!

enfys
May 14th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Once you can do updos it's easier to ignore it and resist trim temptations too!

I'd say it's a big milestone!

Fencai
May 14th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Congrats!!!!

It is a big deal!! Its milestones like that, that keep us going!!!

spidermom
May 14th, 2009, 10:20 AM
You'll have this down in time for summer; hooray. It looks cute and cool. The colors are awesome.

Spike
May 14th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Are you KIDDING??? First updo (braid, real bun, what have you) is a huge milestone when growing back!

I'm totally stoked for you! Happy cheese dance-- :cheese:

wintersun99
May 14th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Hooray! that is a great milestone (very jealous of you) Great job! :D

redneckprincess
May 14th, 2009, 11:08 AM
awww thank you all so much, yes it now that I have crossed that milestone and am on my way to my next one (should be just before I reach my first GOAL) I will hopefully be able to relax a little bit more about it, and fix it and forget it and when the summer is over and oct rolls around I'll pull out the measuring tape and reap the benifits of hard work and great restraint.
no more colors, no more cuts, no more trims....just long beautiful hair!!!

Longhairpixie
May 14th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Congrats and I love the colors!

magpielaura
May 14th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Hoorah! The way you have done it makes you look like you have a lot more length and I think those colours are amazing. I imagine they will carry on looking good as they fade too.

Try doing several mini versions of updos with sections of hair - the smaller the section of hair you use, the 'longer' it is in updoability. A whole bunch of little, messy buns can look pretty cool - I think with your wild colours you could get great results.

Garnet66
May 14th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Congrats on being able to do an updo. That's a huge milestone.

renarok
May 14th, 2009, 07:11 PM
very pretty and shiny. I love the vibrant colors.

Kunoichi
May 14th, 2009, 08:31 PM
:disco: :cheese: :hollie:
Yay for you!
And I kinda like the color.
:disco: :cheese: :hollie:

Tressie
May 14th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Hang in there!! You are doing a great job and looking good!!! Cool colors!!! (o:

GlennaGirl
May 14th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Isn't it exciting??? It IS a biggie. It's a milestone. From here on out you just keep growing, growing, growing! Next stop...down to your derriere. (Or however far you want to go!) :cheese:

lyria
May 14th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Your hair looks beautiful! I wish I could get mine to to that!

RavennaNight
May 14th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Milestones are awesome! I love your hair colors! Fun!

Ash
May 14th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Congrats! I think the colors look neat like that too :)

*BelievingAgain
May 14th, 2009, 11:11 PM
That's a huge milestone, congratulations Angie!!

Your hair looks so thick and shiny, you are very blessed I think! The condition of your hair must be feeling better too since you stopped using your straighteners on a daily basis, have you noticed that at all?

Even though you are trying to fade the colours, that pink is super-fun looking, I've just got to say!

Keep growing, you'll be at APL before you know it, and then even further! :cheese:

Debra83
May 14th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Way to Go!!! Beautiful style and colours too! (yes, that is how we spell colour in Canada!)

redneckprincess
May 15th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Thank you all so much for the compliments on the style, color and growth, I do really like how the color is fading but hubby keeps {complaining} so I keep working to get it gone, lol..and Debra I spell it like that too sometimes ♥

embee
May 15th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Hee! First updo sounds like a miracle, feels like a miracle. I was *so* excited when I could *finally* pull my hair back and my stick straight dangly growingout bangs didn't hang there by my face... oh my! :)

As spidermom said, "just in time for summer". Now you can look for a new fun summery clip/clamp/claw toy! ;)

JamieLeigh
May 15th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Hey, you'll learn that no matter how small the hair goal may seem, they're ALL a big deal here! :D

paper
May 15th, 2009, 01:50 PM
That is very cute! It looks like you have lots of hair too.