PDA

View Full Version : Are you also a hairdo feelie feelie person?

eadwine
March 9th, 2008, 03:21 AM
I catch myself doing this, but I am not going to stop.

I feel up my hairdos :o

I just have to feel my bun, not so much to check if it sits ok, but more in a "ah this feels so nice, pretty bun" kind of way.

I KNOW it's crazy :rolleyes: but I can't help myself, it just feels so good :lol:

kate46
March 9th, 2008, 03:34 AM
I'm definitely a hairdo feelie feelie type person.
I can't resist because for some reason my hair just feels so much softer when it's up in a bun than when its left down. I don't even mind making it greasy from all the touching because it's a good excuse to wash it and start the cycle all over again. :D

tiny_teesha
March 9th, 2008, 03:52 AM
when im at work i force myself not to touch my hair, even if it is in the way, because i have to clean up animal poo without gloves at times, so i just don't want that in my hair!!! But at home if my hair is oily, if one hair is out of place it itches and annoys me so i redo the whole do, but i don't touch the updo in a "feels nice" way.

Gumball
March 9th, 2008, 03:54 AM
If my hair's up and not just in it's usual braid I do the same thing. I like feeling it because it's just neat. I guess that's the best way I can describe it. Haha. I catch myself touching my braid sometimes, too, but not as often just because my mind isn't as wowed by it as it is when it's up. Granted sometimes it's to make sure everything's secure in my style, but there are moments when that's even a thin veil, too. :p

rhosyn_du
March 9th, 2008, 03:56 AM
Oh, yes. Especially since I started using henna. I'll reach back to make sure my updo isn't coming loose and notice how soft and smooth it feels and I won't be able to stop touching it. I'm glad ot know it's not just me. XD

*Elvina*
March 9th, 2008, 03:59 AM
Me too , I'm constantly feeling my hair while in class or whenever I feel bored. I love to feel how soft it is and another resaon why I do it: I love to check the length. It's like as if I think, the more I pull, the longer it will be (I don't pull too hard!!).

florenonite
March 9th, 2008, 05:14 AM
I feel my hair, sometimes to see if it sits right, sometimes just for the sake of it.

Hella
March 9th, 2008, 05:31 AM
I don't really keep touching my bun, as there isn't much to feel :nono:, but if I happen to have my hair in a braid I can't stop myself from stroking it every now and then. Shouldn't do that, because as mentioned before, it definitely adds to the greasiness.

Alaia
March 9th, 2008, 05:59 AM
I do!

Recently I've been musing about how much bigger my bun is. It's like I hit a length and it went from reeeally small to about the size my hand can hold comfortably... my hand is small however.

I think I am actually just twisting the bun so that it isn't so much under itself, but around, and that is what is making the difference.

Plus sometimes I have nothing better to do when at work than play with my hair :p

Hypnotica
March 9th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Yep, all the time.

Chamomile betty
March 9th, 2008, 06:51 AM
I didn't know there was a name for it lol.
I have always had a horrible habit of touching my updos. I just want to make sure they remain nice I suppose.

Cricket
March 9th, 2008, 07:09 AM
I do it with buns. I don't seem to be as obsessive about braids. I'm always checking to make sure that the bun is still neat and the hairpins are not sliding out.

...and I love feeling my hair when its in a bun.

Dianyla
March 9th, 2008, 07:12 AM
I'm a shameless bun squeezer.

Wait, what was the question? :p

Carolyn
March 9th, 2008, 07:21 AM
I'm one who loves touching my hair too. I'm always patting my bun and checking the position of my sticks or Ficcare. It's so nice to pat my bun and feel it nice and solid and smooth. I also love "petting" my braid tassel. When my hair is down, I often gather it into a ponytail and slide my hands down the length. I try not to do it repeatedly or do it in an irritating manner. I'm a tactile person. I've always loved touching smooth satiny things like blanket binding. It's a harmless thing and if you enjoy doing it, why not? :)

aisling
March 9th, 2008, 08:26 AM
I also do this. There's also a practical reason for this, at work it's a good way to check that no ends are sticking out, the hair toy(s) are in place etc, it's a quick bun check without a mirror when I sit in front of my work computer. At home it's more "petting" my bun/braid/ponytail, I definitely need a pet :)

Amari
March 9th, 2008, 08:33 AM
I do, but I think it's more to make sure my fork isn't sliding out and there are no stray ends poking up.

talullah
March 9th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Yep, I'm always grabbing my buns. I love the way it feels in the palm of my hand. I'm laughing right now, but I'm totally serious.

eresh
March 9th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Yep me too, always squeezing, or tracing it with my finger.
It just feels good, aaaaah yes it's still there, and secure ;-)

Silver & Gold
March 9th, 2008, 09:00 AM
In public . . . no . . . I've noticed that other women will get annoyed at a woman who plays with her hair and I don't wish to pull that kind of focus.

But at home I'm shameless. I feel my hair. I wear it in a full updo, then take it out and put it in a half-updo. I try out different hair toys and looks in the same day.
So I'm a closet hair player.

*shuts the closet door and begins twisting my hair*

Neoma
March 9th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Yep. I do it, too. I make sure nobody is watching. Seriously.

What I do even more is check out the back with a pocket mirror in the ladies room at work. I usually don't do it because I'm worried about my bun not being perfect -- unless my hair is too slippery, my buns are very firm...ahem...I mean secure. There's just something about seeing how great my updo looks that makes me feel more centered and secure.

Good glory, I'm glad that I have a place to talk about this stuff. Civilians would certainly not understand what I just wrote.

eadwine
March 9th, 2008, 09:15 AM
What I do even more is check out the back with a pocket mirror in the ladies room at work.
I bought a pocket mirror just for this!! :lol:

I usually don't do it because I'm worried about my bun not being perfect -- unless my hair is too slippery, my buns are very firm...ahem...I mean secure. There's just something about seeing how great my updo looks that makes me feel more centered and secure.
You just stated exactly what I LOVE about feeling it :D

Meli
March 9th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Oh what a relief I'm not alone about touching my hair all the time! My hair feels softer and silkier since I learned how to take better care of it and this is still a new feeling to me. No matter if my hair is up or down, I can hardly keep my hands away from it... Especially my braids are so nice to pet and now since some of my broken hairs have grown enough to fit in them I have started to squeeze the braids at the nape, just to feel the difference in thickness :silly:

AnneAdeline
March 9th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I touch my hair all the time, especially when I am bored in class. I stroke the ends of braids and love running my fingers through my hair when it is down (not that often).

Whenever I wear a sock bun, I can't stop myself from getting a quick squeeze in every few minutes. My friends must think I'm strange.

hrimfaxi
March 9th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Yep. I am powerless to stop doing this. It happens less in public, but...

AJoifulNoise
March 9th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I don't do it constantly... But, I do a "bun check" every so often. It's almost bigger than my hand so I like to squeeze it. Sometimes it's to make sure my bun is secure... But most of the time it's just because I like to touch it.

UrbanEast
March 9th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I definitely love to touch my hair--to see if it's soft, if the ends feel good, to flip it back when it's down. I'm working on trying to stop that.

Lixie
March 9th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I tend to forget about my hair when it's up, but I do pet my braids a lot, there's just something so nice about the feeling.

Cricket
March 9th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I am a part of the pocket mirror-toting group as well. Its no wonder that I have to carry around a giant handbag all of the time.

The ladies at work get a kick when I run to the washroom after lunch to make sure my hair is surviving the day. My floor is full of ladies with short 'business' styles. Thankfully they've learned that even though I grope my hair a lot, I don't like it when other people poke at it... especially the sock buns.

eadwine
March 9th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Indeed, I don't like it when people start groping at my hair either. When I know and expect it it is ok, like when my clients want to have a feel, that is fine. But not right in public. Part of me wearing it up all the time also has to do with that; less people going *jawdropdroolwannafeel* you know?

PatGear
March 9th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I have to stop myself from doing that in public sometimes. Certain buns feel nicer to me than others. For example, untwisted buns with large sections of hair exposed (i.e., wrapped inside-out or KL knot) feel nicer to me than, say ,braided or twisted buns.

Jannike
March 9th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I'm always touching my updos. I just have to check if they're centered and if
it's still up. But the place I just can't stop stroking and touching is on the back top of
my head where the hair starts to go down. I don't like when it gets to flat on the back
of my head. I want the hair to fall down more rounded if that makes sense. But then
again I have really thin hair, and I do have OCD and it's often about my hair :p

nowxisxforever
March 9th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I only really do that when I have my hair in a braid with a long tassle. Then I sit and stroke the tassle, hahah..

Shanarana
March 9th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I try not and touch my hair to much at work as I touch money and that's dirty. At home it's a different story.

helynhighwater
March 9th, 2008, 04:50 PM
You're not the only one! I try not to do it too much in public, but I do love to feel up my hair. If it could press charges, it probably would. :wacko:

Mahars
March 9th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I feel my hair more when it's down. I've been dealing with dry ends lately so I frequently feel my ends to see if they're hard. Even if I've just felt them 5 minutes ago. :)

Curlsgirl
March 9th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Yes! I love my mirror and I play with my tassle too :D

rubyredslippers
March 9th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I tend to forget about my hair when it's up, but I do pet my braids a lot, there's just something so nice about the feeling.

I do the same thing, Lixie--I usually leave my hair alone when it's up, other than cursory checks or if it feels like it's looser/falling out, but I play with braids and their tassels.

When my hair is loose, though, I'm merciless with it. braiding/unbraiding sections, twirling them, wrapping locks around/through my fingers . . . I get rather bored in class.

Medievalhair
March 9th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I almost always stroke my braid tassle, or check my updo quite a few times

kwaniesiam
March 9th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Yes. I frequently check to make sure it's still there and hasn't run off on me. I also do that with my glasses, making sure my shirt is pulled down all the way, pants in the right spot on my hips...I'm very awkward and have to constantly adjust things. :crazyq:

Lixie
March 9th, 2008, 10:43 PM
When my hair is loose, though, I'm merciless with it. braiding/unbraiding sections, twirling them, wrapping locks around/through my fingers . . . I get rather bored in class.

Hehe, me too. With my hair down, I tend to suddenly find myself lovingly petting and stroking my loose hair as though it were a sentient being. This is not the main reason I usually wear my hair up, but I can't say it doesn't influence my choice of hairstyles. ;)

sapphire-o
March 9th, 2008, 10:59 PM
I check it in the mirror a lot but I don't touch it much. For some reason I don't like the feeling of my own hair very much, too cold and slippery, but I like touching other people's. :)

addikted
March 9th, 2008, 11:57 PM
*Slowly puts hand up* me too! I love twirling the ends around my fingers too and feel how silky it is.

bodybeautiful
March 16th, 2008, 05:11 PM
I chopped off about 6" of relaxed hair a month ago and am getting used to my short, curly look. Since I've been paying much more attention to the products I use, I can't stop playing with my curls and twirling them around my fingers. It has been 20 years since I had natural hair so I'm completely fascinated with it.

I also run and peek at myself in the lady's room every so often because I have never been so happy with a short haircut before. I love how I look and haven't managed to stop admiring myself yet...:o This fascination will wear off sooner or later...won't it?:uhh:

MadPirateBippy
March 17th, 2008, 12:47 AM
I do it.

Today I wore a sock bun. I was squishing it all day long. I even encourage my boyfriend to squish and pat my updos lovingly... he's a very patient person.

Hypnotica
March 17th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Ugh, just reading the thread topic gets my hands up and moving..

*Ties them together*

eadwine
March 17th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Isn't it just wonderful when you get an updo JUST perfect. It gets even WORSE then!!

thunderlilies
March 17th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Yup, me too! I love the silky softness of an updo!!

ArtOfNoot
March 23rd, 2021, 02:51 PM
(cue me suddenly wanting to revive old threads)
This is my worst habit. I can't keep my hands out of my buns! I literally have to tie my hands and feet down! :taz:

Feral_
March 23rd, 2021, 03:27 PM
I’m guilty! When my hair is in my sleep cinnabun I often stroke the coiled bit as it’s so smooooth. And when my hair’s in a double plait I like to twist the tassel - the left one clockwise and the right one anti-clockwise. OCD!

Eastbound&Down
March 23rd, 2021, 04:53 PM
Oh absolutely, probably too much.

Jo Ann
March 23rd, 2021, 06:30 PM
I'm more of a head shaker, to check that my hairstick is in place. I wear a headwrap as a mask, so my bun's covered, but once in a while, my hairstick comes loose and I can tell when I give my head a quick shake.

Hasse
March 24th, 2021, 01:17 AM
This is me! I love the texture of hair that is put up or braided. I often catch myself stroking it and wishing it can always feel so soft.

Excuse me while I'm braiding my hair and fondling it before I have to get out of the house :P

Sarahlabyrinth
March 24th, 2021, 03:28 AM
Yes, I definitely do this! :laugh:

Handel'sWig
March 24th, 2021, 06:01 AM
Oh my god yes. Wrapped buns like the nautilus or a simple knot are really soft and fun to squeeze. I always have to put my hands up and squish my big soft bun

bparnell75
March 24th, 2021, 11:09 AM
Yes, and yes, I like to feel the bun and measure size with my fingers then look at my fingers to see how big it is. I am happy that my bun usually fills up my hand with fingers spread out.

Finda
March 24th, 2021, 02:11 PM
I also do this a lot during the day. For some reason more so, when I wear a topknot.

KokoroDragon
March 24th, 2021, 06:18 PM
I do this all the time! Unfortunately, my hair is just barely long enough to bun securely, so touching it so often makes it loose and I have to redo it.

Jane99
March 24th, 2021, 06:56 PM
I play with my hair all the time. I like the smoothness of my hair as it goes back into the bun.

sapphire-o
March 25th, 2021, 05:14 AM
Nope. I don't touch my hair much. I think it looks nice but it's not soft, and it's heavy like a rock. I like touching other people's hair a lot, especially if they're soft and fluffy.

My answer seems the same as 13 years ago. :D

lapushka
March 25th, 2021, 06:06 AM
Nope. I don't touch my hair much. I think it looks nice but it's not soft, and it's heavy like a rock. I like touching other people's hair a lot, especially if they're soft and fluffy.

My answer seems the same as 13 years ago. :D

Hahaha! Yeah, one straight of the crypts, right? :) :lol: