PDA

View Full Version : Is there any haircut

Chamy
May 14th, 2009, 06:15 AM
that you always wanted, but never dared/bothered to get because you have/were trying to get long hair?

I always thought that a sharp cleopatra hairstyle would be cool, but i never got it because it was too short. :D

Toof
May 14th, 2009, 06:17 AM
I still occasionally yearn for a mohawk. Or just a shaved head. Dreadlocks would come first, though!

Ponytale
May 14th, 2009, 06:23 AM
I have always pondered a flip (shoulder length with ends that flip up like in the 1960s?)

Sarahmoon
May 14th, 2009, 06:29 AM
A few years ago I considered getting long layers, but after seeing a girl with my hair texture with that hair cut I'm glad I didn't! The result was the lower half of her hair looked even thinner. And now I'm wearing braids and buns quite often layers would be a bit annoying.

MsBubbles
May 14th, 2009, 06:35 AM
I saw a girl a few years back with lovely naturally blond hair halfway between chin & shoulder, with a curly/wurly type wave in it. I wanted my hair like that instantly and mentioned to my boyfriend how much I loved it, and he just looked at me and said 'too short'!!

AutumnLeaves
May 14th, 2009, 06:40 AM
I've always wanted the sleek bob with longer in front, shorter in back look...Lots of maintenance on that style with my type of hair though. I still occasionally ponder it...

Annushka
May 14th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Before I decided to aim for long hair, I seriously considered getting my hair cut like Reese Witherspoon in "Election". I don't think I could handle curling the ends everyday, but still, it's so cute!

Heidi_234
May 14th, 2009, 06:41 AM
I always wanted short cute ponytail (http://image55.webshots.com/155/9/73/97/518897397GIDPLe_ph.jpg), but because of the curly nature of my hair I could never have one. I'm having long hair instead.

Tap Dancer
May 14th, 2009, 06:45 AM
I always wanted short cute ponytail (http://image55.webshots.com/155/9/73/97/518897397GIDPLe_ph.jpg), but because of the curly nature of my hair I could never have one. I'm having long hair instead.

The link doesn't work. :(

To answer the OP's question: no. Anytime I ever wanted to cut my hair, I did. :D

florenonite
May 14th, 2009, 06:47 AM
I came rather close to getting a pixie in grade twelve, but chickened out. I joined LHC the summer after and occasionally do wonder how I'd look with either a pixie or a bob. Maybe one day I'll decide to get rid of henna and then I'll chop to a pixie to see how it looks, but as for now I'm happily growing.

Heidi_234
May 14th, 2009, 07:14 AM
The link doesn't work. :(

Funny :ponder: *off to find new random short cute ponytail pic (http://z.about.com/d/beauty/1/5/o/I/medium8.JPG)*

florenonite
May 14th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Funny :ponder: *off to find new random short cute ponytail pic (http://z.about.com/d/beauty/1/5/o/I/medium8.JPG)*

Ah, I had one of those at about the time I joined LHC. I liked it at the time, but in retrospect I prefer long ponytails. Maybe I've been spending too much time here :p

rockstarmommy
May 14th, 2009, 07:19 AM
qwertyuiop

viking_quest
May 14th, 2009, 07:44 AM
If I'm ever to cut my hair again it will be in a longer bob so I can curl the ends without being afraid of burning my my ears or scalp.

Themyst
May 14th, 2009, 07:52 AM
I've always wanted a really long spiral perm - but of course, I won't do that because it would severely damage my hair and I would have to cut it eventually. Besides, in order to keep up a perm like that I'd have to re-perm and re-perm or it would start looking straggly. I've seen hair like that before and I don't want it. So, no perm. Too much maintenance.

Elanor
May 14th, 2009, 08:20 AM
When I was about 15-16 I wanted the kind of bleached layered haircut that Duff McKagan (http://www.critical-solution.com/images/duff/index.php?currDir=./gallery_01&pageType=image&image=Duff_001.jpg) from Guns N Roses has and I still think that would be kinda cool :D Long layered dark pink hair would be awesome too, but neither of these hairstyles would be very hair friendly. And I want to be able to do buns and braids, so such heavily layered cut is not an option.

Heidi_234
May 14th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Ah, I had one of those at about the time I joined LHC. I liked it at the time, but in retrospect I prefer long ponytails. Maybe I've been spending too much time here :p
I suppose it gets old at some point, but it's something that I'll never ever going to have anyway. Spikey little ponytail. I'm not ever sure if it will look good on me. :rolleyes:

AJoifulNoise
May 14th, 2009, 09:31 AM
I've considered a very short, spikey look. But, I didn't get it because I know it wouldn't suit my face.

spidermom
May 14th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Not me. I always knew I'd grow my hair out to classic length, but I got all the hair cutting and coloring and perming out of my system first and didn't start growing until my 40s. Long my hair shall remain until I'm too old and/or infirm to care for it myself.

wintersun99
May 14th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Let's see... I have always wanted a short pixie cut like Twiggy, but never dared to attempt it. Recently, I did cut it super short to remove damage, but my hair looks nothing like Twiggy's! It's perfect for her, ain't so great for me :D

enfys
May 14th, 2009, 10:22 AM
I saw a girl a few years back with lovely naturally blond hair halfway between chin & shoulder, with a curly/wurly type wave in it. I wanted my hair like that instantly and mentioned to my boyfriend how much I loved it, and he just looked at me and said 'too short'!!

I've had that! I'd get a right telling off if I ever got a bob. Mind you so would he! :cheese:
I'd love to know what short hair feels like to wear. Like, boy short. But I couldn't do it knowing I'd have to take so long to grow it back out.

I think I'm just curious to know what it's like to have my hair off my neck permenantly (sort of). Knowing my luck I'd feel like Maya Angelou and be all self concious when someone was behine me and could see my naked neck!

fishwich
May 14th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Dreads! I've never gone for dreads not because they can't be long but because I know I'd eventually want something else...and then good-bye hair.

Natalia
May 14th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Ive always wondered how id look with dark almost black hair cut into a long bob (think Kate Wash's new cut kinda like in TV guides sexy issue) with long side swept bangs.... By the time it struck me i was past BSL and my hair grows so slow id never do it but it is appelaing to think that with my limp hair id probably never have to straighten and combing would be a breeze.... not worth the grow out though. Just a little dream i keep in my head for when i can afford a wig. Yes i truly plan on owning multiple wigs :p

ETA. Since coming here nightshades siggy pick is my ultimate long hair style just divine! I wish i could pull off red but its not for me. Those curls are something to be envied!

Wind
May 14th, 2009, 11:17 AM
The only short haircut I ever wanted I got - a short little flip with bangs like Olga K. (http://www.gossipcheck.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/ex_olga_kurylenko.jpg) in Quantum of Solace. Thought about it for a month, and then went for it. And I loved it! It was a debate between a that and growing it out at the time. I'm so glad I did, if I didn't I'd always wonder. :)

chrissy-b
May 14th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Nope. I've done every hair style I've wanted from perms to layers to mohawk to buzz cut. I've bleached and dyed it a bunch of colors too. I got all my hair cutting urges out through my twenties and now I'm on my way to fulfilling my long hair urge. :)

rhubarbarin
May 14th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I cut my hair all lengths until I really started growing a couple years ago..

There's a lot of hair cuts I LOVE but I've never gotten because they wouldn't look right on my type of hair (thinnish, tons of body and curly), at least not without a lot of styling which I am too lazy for. Sharp angled bobs, long layers, thick bangs, he list goes on.

Kiraela
May 14th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I always wondered what I would look like with curly hair that's BSL-Waist....

GlennaGirl
May 14th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I have a weird fascination for scene hair. I LOVE this look. Even when it looks damaged. In fact, part of the scene style seems to be to make it look damaged. (And to really damage it.)

There's just something about it.

Norai
May 14th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I've always wanted the sleek bob with longer in front, shorter in back look...Lots of maintenance on that style with my type of hair though. I still occasionally ponder it...

^ this :) always loved that look, probably wouldn't go well with my face shape though.

Speckla
May 14th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I've done just about everything there is to do. I've only had long hair twice in my life and that was for less than 2 years each time.

Jules diamond
May 14th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I've wanted to have short hair so I could use wax to spike the back up. I know that with my build though it wouldn't look right. I'd need to be slightly more androgynous.

LittleOrca
May 14th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I did think about getting bangs again, but after seeing some people with bangs and extra long hair, I just prefer the bangs being the same length as the rest.

JamieLeigh
May 15th, 2009, 09:18 AM
I was severely tempted by the sideswept bang a few years ago, but I figured out how to do it with my front hair, tucking it back and pinning, so that I wouldn't have to cut. :)

sneakybea
May 15th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I really like the asymmetrical bob look, but it would soooo not work with my hair, unless I used a straightening iron every day. I also like the layered wavy look I've been seeing on a lot of actresses these days, kind of like the pictures in this link:http://www.imdb.com/media/rm661293568/nm2694584
But it seems like it would go out of style quickly, and even if I wore it longer, the layers would make it difficult to do updos and braids. It's cute, though.

spidermom
May 15th, 2009, 05:56 PM
I have a weird fascination for scene hair. I LOVE this look. Even when it looks damaged. In fact, part of the scene style seems to be to make it look damaged. (And to really damage it.)

There's just something about it.

Scene hair? What's that?

whiteisle
May 15th, 2009, 07:44 PM
When I had my hair cut into the inverted bob (shorter in back, longer in front) I genuinely enjoyed it. I've probably had that style 3-4 times in the last 10 years or so, growing out in between. I went pixie twice and HATED!!!! it both times (you'd think I would've learned the first time - sheesh!) and am now trying to recover from that second pixie.

From the time I was about 7 through my senior year of HS I had long hair, the shortest being BSL at one point. Then I hit college and I got sissor happy, highlight stupid, and color ridiculous.

I'm glad I got to experience the different things with my hair because I now know that long is definitely for me and I'm even beginning to accept and love how my hair is naturally with no real styling involved since coming to LHC. :)

going gray
May 15th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Really showing my age, but that old Barbra Streisand hairdo from the late 60's, very chic. Actually I looked great in that style, talk about upkeep, that was so much work to maintain!

viking_quest
May 15th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Scene hair? What's that?

It's basically a lot of layers with the layers towards the crown teased.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/screamitoutloud/3178091960/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/screamitoutloud/3178176742/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23964288@N02/2454131156/
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa49/iamkayla4/scene-hair-6.jpg

crystal_89
May 18th, 2009, 07:15 AM
A bob and a pixie.

ETA: And I like the look of that third scene hairstyle link, with the bleached hair. Wish I could have hair like that and still look good!

Dorothea
May 18th, 2009, 07:28 AM
I've had all manners of foolish haircuts throughout the years. I can't actually think of one that I haven't had and would like to try.

Forever_Sophie
May 18th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Victoria Beckham's!! I had the short, flippy cut in the past, then my hair started getting longer (I wanted it to...) but if it were still in the shorter range, I totally would have. So chic!

Madame J
May 18th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I've had quite a few different hairstyles, but I've always wanted a true pixie, with hair only maybe a inch long or less all over. When I went in back in October 2007 to get all the dyed stuff cut off, I said "pixie," but my hairdresser said I would look too masculine if it were too short, so he left some longer pieces to keep it feminine. It was a cute haircut, though.

I've also always wanted to see what I would look like with a shaved head and watch my hair grow out from that. But I just don't have the nerve.

Merewen
May 18th, 2009, 10:18 AM
When I was young I always wanted long hair. Like LHC hair - down to the knees. When I hit middle school, I had some self-esteem issues and decided to cut it mostly because I wanted something different. I regretted it rather quickly.
So I got my only hair-cutting urge out of my system early. I have no more hair cutting urges. Just the urge to grow.

ladylibra
May 18th, 2009, 09:53 PM
I always wanted to do a pixie cut back when I had relaxed hair. But I knew since my hair never got straight enough from relaxing that it would be too much work.

Sometimes I wonder what it would've been like if I had actually shaved my head instead of starting with 2 inches of coils. Doesn't seem like much of a difference but every time I break out the clippers to cut my son's hair I think about this.

Chamy
May 25th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Dreads! I've never gone for dreads not because they can't be long but because I know I'd eventually want something else...and then good-bye hair.

Oh yeah, i would love to have natural dreads once in my life. If i ever get courageous enough, i will stop brushing my hair. ;)