PDA

View Full Version : How do you determine if you are ii/iii ?

lora410
May 13th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Ok, I looked in the artices and it didn't have a circumfrence for how to tell if you are between ii/iii? I am asking because I cant for the life of me make a full figure 8 and I am almost waist. I the get the top part and the rest just hangs there not enough for another loop no matter how tight I try and make it. My circumfrence is between 3.25 and 3.50". could this be the problem? :confused:

AnneAdeline
May 13th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I have the same problem. My hair is just around 3.5". iii is 4"+, so I have no idea what constitutes a ii/iii. My figure 8 buns look weird because I'm at waist but with layers. So the first loop is all thick but the second is much smaller. I also have a hard time getting it to stay.
I'll be waiting with you for more replies!

viking_quest
May 13th, 2009, 06:44 PM
My hair can be anywhere from 3.9" to 4.25" so I classify myself has ii/iii. If I was always over 4" then I would classify myself as iii.

mira-chan
May 13th, 2009, 06:46 PM
My hair can be anywhere from 3.9" to 4.25" so I classify myself has ii/iii. If I was always over 4" then I would classify myself as iii.
Same, plus I have a lot of taper.

MsBubbles
May 13th, 2009, 07:38 PM

Well if it were me I'd call myself a iii with those measurements :whistle:
(since the majority of it is over 4")

SimplyLonghair
May 13th, 2009, 07:51 PM
My hair is also at that almost range. It is right at 4 inches sometimes a little more, but then it has this huge taper and so I go for ii/iii. Mainly due to the fact that it has such a taper, I figure that it isn't iii. That is just me though. :shrug:

nienna42
May 13th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I've classified myself as ii/iii because my circumference ranges from 3.75" to 4.25", depending on when I measure it. Also, I can never get the same measurement twice in a row. I'd classify myself as a ii if I was always under 4" and as iii if I was always over 4".

Heidi_234
May 14th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Yeah, I'm 4" on the nose, so I figured I'm ii/iii, because I'm neither and I'm both. :p

Nat242
May 14th, 2009, 01:06 AM
I'm right on 4" too (though that's not including my fringe), so I classify myself as ii/iii. I'm growing out layers and damage, so I have quite a taper.

For what it's worth, I'm almost at hip and still can't manage a proper figure 8.

LutraLutra
May 14th, 2009, 06:55 AM
I've had to assume that I'm a ii/iii as my hair varies from medium to very thick in different places on my scalp. However, I have a very thick fringe/bangs which ofcourse doesn't go into a ponytail, so messuring my ponytail's circumference won't give me an accurate measure of how much hair I have. If you see what I mean. :D

Rohele
May 14th, 2009, 10:58 AM
If I measure at the nape I'm 3.75 ". If I measure right on top of my head, I come in at exactly 4". I've got layers and my hair was thinned out extensively in the past so I'm waiting for a while to see if it thickens up. I classified myself as a ii/iii because while the 4" measurement puts me technically in the iii category, I can't consistently replicate that measurement. I guess I use the ii/iii designation to show that I'm at the very top end of the ii category.