PDA

View Full Version : Are you atracted to your opposite hair color?

ilovelonghair
May 13th, 2009, 01:23 AM
They say people get atracted by opposites in looks and that people often get atracted to the opposite hair color. For me that used to be the case; I used to only be atracted to guys with dark brown or black hair. I myself got tawny blonde hair.
But I changed, now I like all colors.

I wonder how that is for other people.

Natalia
May 13th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Lol ive never paid attention to it on other peopel but im naturally blonde and prefer to be very dark brown. Does that count :p?

Flynn
May 13th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Nope, my boyfriend has hair a bit darker than mine, but not much. I'm not into blonde guys at all. I do prefer the opposite eye colour, though. I have pale eyes, and very much prefer a gent with dark eyes. Guys with pale eyes tend to make me uncomfortable, somehow. (Probably also why I'm not that interested in blondes.)

Pegasus Marsters
May 13th, 2009, 01:42 AM
I actually heard that people are often attracted to others who are rather similar in looks.

But fwiw... I'm naturally a mousy brown and I go for either very very dark hair or very very blonde. Dark is preferable. :lol:

drquartz1970
May 13th, 2009, 01:53 AM
I don't have any preference for hair colour in a partner - if the chemistry is there and I like the person it doesn't matter if they are dark, brunette, blonde or a redhead.

ilovelonghair
May 13th, 2009, 02:17 AM
I actually heard that people are often attracted to others who are rather similar in looks.

True you hear that too. I never had a partner who resembled me in looks, they were always very much the opposite in hair color, eye color and skin color.
My partner has quite similar hair color and skin color to me, but has brown eyes, while I have blue-green eyes.

fairydust
May 13th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Well, I have to admit that I tend to be attracted to people with blond hair. I have medium to dark brown hair myself, my hubby has blond hair, and I really admire women (and men, yes) with blond hair. That being said, I have also been attracted to guys with dark hair, and consider women with dark hair beautiful, too. But mostly I like blonds :o. Not the bleached kind, mind you. Natural colors turn my head.

jera
May 13th, 2009, 02:20 AM
I used to be attracted almost exclusively to blondes. My hair is chestnut. But now I find beauty in all hair colors. :)

flapjack
May 13th, 2009, 02:42 AM
I have dark hair and light eyes. I've always been attracted to dark hair/dark eyes or dark hair/light eyes. But I've definitely liked some blonde guys, too. A good guy is a good guy.

SimplyLonghair
May 13th, 2009, 02:45 AM
My tastes run the entire range from blonde to black and all in between.:D Having said that, I am attracted to green eyed people. :shrug:

I'm weird that way.

But mostly I am attracted to nice people, mean people are a big no no.:p:rolleyes:

Ndnlady
May 13th, 2009, 02:55 AM
When I was younger I was attracted to dark haired guys. Then I met my husband who is a strawberry blond with blue eyes, now I'm attracted to him.:)
But my husband has always been attracted to dark haired women, I guess there was a reason!:)

Stevy
May 13th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Now you mention it, I have dark hair and I do tend to notice blond men. :)

helen2806
May 13th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Now I think about it, it's pretty much true for me as I'm not usually a fan of blonde men and am naturally blonde myself - I do like the same eye colour as me though (blue)

Dreams_in_Pink
May 13th, 2009, 06:14 AM
YES! :D I'm deeply attracted to guys with blond or red hair, to a point that i no longer find brunetts and darks attractive :D

I know it's sick, but i cannot help it! :o

Carolyn
May 13th, 2009, 06:17 AM
I've always been attracted to guys with dark hair. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be attracted to men with other hair colors but dark gives me the first wow factor. I went out a couple times with a red head and couldn't stand him but it wasn't due to hair color.

Chanterelle
May 13th, 2009, 06:28 AM
No. I just realised I've always dated blond guys and my hair is light brown.

ChloeDharma
May 13th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Hair colour comes quite low on my list of things i find attractive, though if asked what my ideal is i'd say naturally blonde or red.
For me the opposites attract thing comes from me liking men with either no hair or really short, also i tend to like ones that have a bit of bulk to them.....whereas i'm very slim.

AmandaPanda
May 13th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Hmmm. My hair is auburn/strawberry blonde. The opposite would be green probably, so we'll just say the opposite is dark hair :)

I tend to be more attracted to guys with dark hair. My current love interest has dark hair and green eyes (mine are blue-grey). His hair texture is also the opposite of mine, he has curly hair and mine is straight. Our hair and the fact that we're the opposite sex are pretty much the only two things that are different about us. We like and dislike a lot of the same things

kwaniesiam
May 13th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Not that I've noticed. I henna red, but am naturally medium brown and length/health of hair overrules color in terms of attraction ;)

AJoifulNoise
May 13th, 2009, 07:48 AM
I'm attracted to redheads and dark browns.

Every now and then I'll like a blonde, but that is unusual.

Wavelength
May 13th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Nope, this isn't really true for me. I've dated blonds and dark-haired guys pretty equally, and my husband's hair is medium brown, whereas I'm medium auburn (a bit brighter with henna).

Dorothea
May 13th, 2009, 08:18 AM
I like all colours of hair, but I do have a fondness for my boyfriend's black hair. My own hair is a sort of light brown/dark blond.

rockstarmommy
May 13th, 2009, 08:36 AM
qwertyuiop

Madame J
May 13th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I'm married to a guy who has almost the same color hair that I do. His is slightly lighter, with some natural blond highlights. But people actually think we're related when we go out with my mom.

That said, I've always had a thing for guys with long, curly, red hair.

Tap Dancer
May 13th, 2009, 08:44 AM
I don't have a preference. Most of my boyfriends had dark hair, though, like me.

melrose1985
May 13th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Not really for me. I do tend to like dark hair, but I'll take a blonde hair boy, Or better yet a red hair boy ! :P

Really hair color doesnt matter much.

Forever_Sophie
May 13th, 2009, 09:07 AM
It's all about personality to me, but if I had to pick, darker hair for me (a brunette).

Fethenwen
May 13th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I usually end up being on love with blond guys :P Like I mean REALLY blond guys. It's weird.

rhubarbarin
May 13th, 2009, 09:31 AM
I have light hair, eyes and skin. I'm not attracted to people that look like my family (tall, hairy, dirty-blonde, blue-eyed WASPs).

I adore dark hair, eyes and skin but I'm attracted to white people too. Hair color is probably the most important to me.

My DBF has black hair, green eyes and light olive skin (that tans very dark, but he avoids the sun). He doesn't look like me at all and I think he's just lovely.

Themyst
May 13th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I've been experimenting with henna, but my hair is naturally golden brown to blondish in the summer. It sun-bleaches easily. I've always been attracted to men with dark hair (brunette or black). But, my DH has blond hair and blue eyes - go figure.

JamieLeigh
May 13th, 2009, 09:57 AM
I'm dark-haired, and I always liked guys with dark hair. I can't ever remember liking anyone blonde...I did date a red-haired guy after high school - but I liked his hair because it was waist-length and naturally carrot-red, which is odd on a male.

wintersun99
May 13th, 2009, 10:00 AM
I am more attracted to darker hair...

viking_quest
May 13th, 2009, 10:02 AM
I have a medium brown colour and like all hair colours, but I have a preference to darker hair.

Rohele
May 13th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Hmmm.

I have light reddish brown hair and blue eyes, and I do notice that a lot of men I've been attracted to have lighter hair and eyes. I also find a dark hair, blue eyes combo attractive (maybe I just like blue eyes?). I've never really cared looks wise for really pale blond men. DH has almost the colouring as me - he has green eyes and medium brown hair, which bleaches quite blond in the sun. And yes, people have commented that we look alike, which I find creepy.

Themyst
May 13th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Every time there is a poll like this, it seems the women favor dark hair on men. I'm wondering, if you took a random sampling of only men's opinions, would they prefer blond hair on women? And, is that because they truly do, or because of the blond 'stereotype'? :hmm:

Longlocks3
May 13th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Even though I have dark hair I get weak in the knees for blondes...some more than others though lol

Iylivarae
May 13th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I don't like blonde hair at all. I've only seen like one person where I really liked the blonde hair.

Anje
May 13th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Green hair makes me weak in the knees!

Just kidding. I definitely prefer guys with dark hair, though. DH has dark mousy brown hair (red-turning-gray beard, though), and light blueish eyes.

Gypsygirl
May 13th, 2009, 12:59 PM
I'm a blonde with bluish eyes and light skin- my husband has dark hair, brown eyes, and he can stay in the sun forever without getting sunburn. Draw your own conclusions on that one...all I can tell you is that it wasn't his hair color that attracted me when we first met. ;)

Jules diamond
May 13th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I'm sort of strange in that respect. I've got very dark brown hair, and I like dark dark black hair or white/silver hair (dyed on guys my age). Sometimes bright red too. I'm not particularly interested in blondes though, even though both of my adorable brothers are blonde.

Tangles
May 13th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I think I started a similar thread once, in polls. You can search for it if you're interested in seeing more responses.

As for me, I have pretty dark hair and am particularly attracted to guys that have hair lighter than mine--blonde, red, or light brown. However, I have liked guys with brown or black hair too, but they had different features from my own.

I'm the opposite of rhubarbarin, people in my family are 75% short and dark, and I gravitate to the opposite of that, blonde and medium height to tall.

RavennaNight
May 13th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I never really thought about it. :shrug:

GlassEyes
May 13th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I like almost all hair colors, but I seem to be drawn to red and dark brown/black. Both of which I have in my hair. XD; So no.

Nyghtingale
May 13th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I like dark hair on men.

zift
May 13th, 2009, 08:09 PM
They say people get atracted by opposites in looks and that people often get atracted to the opposite hair color. For me that used to be the case; I used to only be atracted to guys with dark brown or black hair. I myself got tawny blonde hair.

It's weird because I thought they always say that you get attracted to people that look like you. Well at least what I hear is that. And thinking I do get attracted to men looking like me, me and fiancee are often asked if we're brother and sister.:)

Flynn
May 13th, 2009, 08:13 PM
It's weird because I thought they always say that you get attracted to people that look like you. Well at least what I hear is that. And thinking I do get attracted to men looking like me, me and fiancee are often asked if we're brother and sister.:)
It depends who you ask. Opposites attract, like attracts like, women prefer men who look like their father... etc.

AnneAdeline
May 13th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Definitely red. Not dyed-red, but that orangey red. DBF has orangey red hair. :D I have naturally light brown hair and have always thought it was boring (trying to work through that now). Red just is so exotic.

tinker bug
May 13th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I've been told DBF and i look similar, but our coloring is definately different. In my albums there are a few pictures of us, but they were taken in january, so DBF hadn't been exposed to the sun yet and isn't nearly as dark as he usually gets. Me, I'm pale as can be. BDF has sandy blonde hair and mine is... I don't even know. just look at my pictures and guess.

Oberon88
May 13th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I have dated almost every hair color there is.... but I really like blondes and am blonde. Go figure

Delilah
May 13th, 2009, 09:07 PM
My boyfriend and I both have black hair and far complexions... in fact we are sometimes assumed to be brother and sister.
I do fine very pale natural blonde hair fascinating though.

Emichiee
May 13th, 2009, 09:46 PM
I have been with mostly black or dark haired guys...

But actually I like all hair colors..:) I think it just hasnt happened for me.

My first teenage love had light blonde hair ;)

Longhairpixie
May 13th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I'm going to marry a guy w/ blond hair and I have some blond hairs

Ven
May 13th, 2009, 09:58 PM
I generally think that brown or black haired men are more attractive. There are exceptions though.

I have medium brown hair.

~Ven

ZaBasDa
May 13th, 2009, 11:15 PM
I've got very dark brown hair and I tend to prefer guys with some form of brown hair. I am rarely attracted to blondes.

Wind
May 13th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Let's see...guy #1 was Jewish, dark curly almost 'fro, guy #2 was Italian, dark hair, would have been curly but he wore it high and tight, and MT is very Irish/English, with dark blonde curly hair. I have brown and stick straight hair. Idk about color, but I loves my curlies I guess! :D

GoddesJourney
May 13th, 2009, 11:56 PM
I can really appreciate the beauty in a blonde haired, blue eyed guy if he's, in general, attractive. However, the thing that really does it for me is thick, dark hair, dark or black eyes, and "coffee and milk" skin. Incidently, I'm of medium dark skin, darker brown mixed with copper and every color and hair type under the sun (no joke, I'm like this naturally because I'm of such mixed ethnicity), and honey brown eyes. My hair and eyes were a bit darker as a child. The interesting part is that it's not as much the looks (although I love that too) but the scent! Men with a certain skin color have a scent that I absolutely ador and can't get enough of. My husband is a mixed, dark Brazilian guy. Lucky me.

nessthing
May 14th, 2009, 12:00 AM
I've got dark hair, and if I had to say what "hair color" I'm attracted to, I'd have to say... guys with white/blond bangs or something in the front and dark hair everywhere else. That. Ahaha. Not helpful?

ilovelonghair
May 14th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Hmmm. My hair is auburn/strawberry blonde. The opposite would be green probably

Don't you like green hair? LOL, love that comment you made :cheese::D

Definitely red. Not dyed-red, but that orangey red. DBF has orangey red hair. I have naturally light brown hair and have always thought it was boring (trying to work through that now). Red just is so exotic.

Red hair can be very beautiful, there was a guy in my high school who had dark red curly shoulder lenght hair and I secretly admired him. Red hair is very rare though and good looking guys with red hair are even more rare.

But each hair color has something nice I think, as long as the hair looks well cared for.

enfys
May 14th, 2009, 04:54 AM
I almost exclusively like dark hair, the darker the better and the same for eyes. Usually if I find a blonde attractive I findout later that it's bleached!

I suppose it must go with skin colour, and I prefer a man to have darker skin that most blondes or redheads can get without burning!

Kiraela
May 14th, 2009, 08:44 PM
I am almost always attracted to guys with dark or red hair, and find light colored eyes mesmerising. Which works out nicely, since DBF has intensely blue eyes and dark, chestnutty brown hair!

I myself am dark haired with natural red strands running through it, and stormy-sea-at-twilight colored eyes, so I guess it's similar types for me.

babbleball
May 14th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Shaved bald men do it for me. I love the way their scalp feel like sharkskin. Barring bald brown to black works. I have dark brown/black hair.

I really really don't like long hair on men though. Usually it's so poorly taken care of that they would be better off with short hair. I would threaten one of my exes with scissors (jokingly of course) because his hair was a stringy, frizzy, dry mess that did nothing but tangle. He shampooed with no conditioning of any kind, ripped brushes and combs through his hair, used plain office type rubber bands to pull it back... oh the horrors. I would braid it for him just to offer what little protection I could. And carefully finger comb out the tangles because I couldn't stand the soung of breaking strands when he brushed.

However, if a man takes good care of his long hair then I do appreciate it.

A bit of a tangent there but it's somewhat revelent.

Copasetic
May 14th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Nope. I have dark brown hair, and I generally like guys with the same. I'm not a huge fan of blonds.

sneakybea
May 15th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I really like dark hair, but I've been attracted to blonds and dated a couple. I am one of those people who tends to find people more attractive the more I get to know them---well, unless they're jerks.

Kiraela
May 16th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I think it's funny that DBF and I are often thought to be father/daughter! He looks a few years older than he is, and I look younger, combined with the 14 year age difference...

But there's definately the similar coloring.

AlisaB
May 26th, 2009, 08:01 PM
This is somewhat true for me. The guys that I get major crushes on all seem to be naturally blonde or dirty blonde. There have been, however, certain stunners that are tall dark and handsome :)

ladylibra
May 26th, 2009, 08:37 PM

Sort of yes, sort of no.

I find opposites attractive, but I like hair closer to mine more than anything. Dark, thick and kinky-curly. :D

xsadiemamx
May 26th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I have red hair with blue/green eyes and fair skin and I LOVE men with DARK hair and dark skin whether its just a nice tan, spanish or black, and I absolutley love dark hair and skin with light blue eyes or green eyes, even a light hazel. I think that is beautiful on both men and women. I always find myself mesmorized by like indian women with green eyes, or medd. skin and blue eyes and spanish/black with light brown/gold eyes. So YES I am def attracted to my opposite (minus the eyes) We always want what we dont have!!!

Thinthondiel
May 26th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I'm more attracted to guys who have dark hair, like me... and brown eyes like me, too.

But there are some blond, blue-eyed guys who are just adorable! I think most of them are cute rather than handsome or sexy, though (as you might have guessed already, since I used the word "adorable" :p).

Pyvsi
May 27th, 2009, 12:22 AM
I did have a phase where I was fascinated with green eyes and lighter hair - especially if it was LONG! Never dated anyone of that description, though. My delightful hubby has hair and eye color very similar to mine. Very opposite skin tone. :)

LadyEliza
May 27th, 2009, 01:15 AM
My partner was bald when I met her and for many years after that!

But I have always loved natural red hair, the sort that goes with freckles. That's the colouring I wish I had!

BeatlesFanGirl
May 27th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I have dark brown/black hair and I'm attracted by blond guys. And I'm crazy for blond guys too ;) :P But I got crush on brunettes and black haired guys too. So it doesn't really matter as long as there's chemistry. Still I see that majority of people chose the opposite hair colour. :)

BeatlesFanGirl
May 27th, 2009, 09:40 AM
We always want what we don't have!!!

I'm the exception then. :) I don't want to have blond hair, I'm happy to be a Mediterranean type with blue eyes :) Still I think all hair colors and eye colors are beautiful.

SheWolf
May 27th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I fall for the person, not the haircolor.

SimplyViki
May 27th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Um.... I don't know that I have an opposite haircolor! My natural color (above the last foot or so of hair - yeah, that really dull looking part at the top) is just kind of dark blonde/medium brown... So brown can't be my opposite cause I'm too close to that, blonde can't be my opposite cause I'm too close to that, red and black I'm having a hard time considering exactly opposite cause I'm way too technical, and the opposite of red is green and the opposite of black is white, and I have neither... :shrug:
Um... well, I pretty much like all haircolors, LOL!

neon-dream
May 27th, 2009, 10:44 AM
What would my opposite colour be??
I like dark hair the most if that counts lol

caribou55313
May 27th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Oh yes, I was a freckled blonde, and have always loved very dark hair, dark eyes and olive or brown skin.

But LOVE can happen with anybody, most of the time they're not even close to the above, and it doesn't matter.

Finoriel
May 27th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Opposite haircolour? :ponder: Green hair?!? :p Sexy!

I guess I just donīt have a special haircolour Iīm attracted more to than to others. Generally I like all haircolour and I love the person :) not the hair.

Gypsy
May 27th, 2009, 12:40 PM
When there was another thread like this, I realized that although I *thought* I didn't have a definite preference, all my serious relationships except for one have been with men with dark hair and either blue or green eyes. Without knowing it I was gravitating to the same type as far as eyes/hair color.
I have dated all hair colors though. If I'm attracted to them, then hair color be damned, lol!
The 2 most sexually explosive ones had red hair though. Even though one of them was shaved bald, his hair was red- his beard was red, and one had blue eyes and the other had one green eye and one brown eye. Seriously hot.:eyebrows:

steff8ryan
May 27th, 2009, 01:05 PM
I've dated men with all colours of hair but i think i like dark haired men better. I have a massive weakness for really pale blue eyed men with really long dark hair... describes my OH apart from the long bit, but i'm working on it :D .. sort of describes me tho too lol.. i did read that alot of people date people who look like them, i find it wierd but i'm one of those ! xx

Arashi
May 27th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Naturally, I'm a blond (though I've dyed my hair black for many years) and I'm attracted to people with black or dark hair. Go figure :p