PDA

View Full Version : I'm starting all over again!

Orchid_28
May 12th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Well...I just got a hair cut a few weeks ago. It WAS bra length and now its neck length! I had a horrible hair cut and it looked like a racoons tail. It was supposed to be layered but it was so layered it looked like a mullet. So I had to cut it all off. Now I am starting all over again.

So it would take 2-3 years to reach my goal if I don't cut it. Maybe have a few small trims every 4-6 months. Ugh this is going to be so hard. I am the least patient person and just looking at my hair everyday makes me so mad. I miss my long hair and my bf too haha.

I just wanted to know what you ladies and gents have done to help your hair grow faster. What is the most essential oil, ingredient, vitamin, and etc. that has helped your hair improve in growth?

SHELIAANN1969
May 12th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Well...I just got a hair cut a few weeks ago. It WAS bra length and now its neck length! I had a horrible hair cut and it looked like a racoons tail. It was supposed to be layered but it was so layered it looked like a mullet. So I had to cut it all off. Now I am starting all over again.

So it would take 2-3 years to reach my goal if I don't cut it. Maybe have a few small trims every 4-6 months. Ugh this is going to be so hard. I am the least patient person and just looking at my hair everyday makes me so mad. I miss my long hair and my bf too haha.

I just wanted to know what you ladies and gents have done to help your hair grow faster. What is the most essential oil, ingredient, vitamin, and etc. that has helped your hair improve in growth?

Time! :D

Sorry to hear that you had hair that you thought was awful, it may be a good thing that it's a fresh start. :)

Good luck, dig your heels in and welcome aboard!

spidermom
May 12th, 2009, 09:15 PM
The more you can enjoy your hair at all of its lengths, the faster the time will seem to pass. Have fun, experiment.

MsBubbles
May 12th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I'm so sorry that salon experience happened to you! My tips to grow hair faster rather than slower:

- Ditch the hair salon, use Feye's self-trim method (http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim)
- Making sure I'm not anemic and that my thyroid meds are still correct (plus taking a multivit, and b-vits, and calcium - find what your body needs)
- Daily exercise (I need a lot of it)
- Plenty of water to drink
- Don't cut hair unless it's damaged
- Once you can put your hair up, do so and go work on other projects for a year or two
- Figure out a way you can check your length and condition in sane intervals, like once every 6 weeks, rather than several times a day. :) I use the Morrocco method (http://www.morroccomethod.com/lunar.shtml) and use their dates to check my length, and trim if need be. That gives me definite dates to focus on so I can go ahead and not obsess on the other days in between.

Debra83
May 12th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Vitamins incl msm, and cwc, and no ponytails, and henna/mix (Lustrous brand). when I can remember or have the time - catnip rinse as well.

Blue Willow
May 12th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Vitamins incl msm, and cwc, and no ponytails, and henna/mix (Lustrous brand). when I can remember or have the time - catnip rinse as well.

Debra-Could you please embellish on why ponytails are not good and the catnip hair rinse sounds intriguing;(if you don't mind sharing)?? how exactly do you prepare it? Thanx, if you don't mind:)

jera
May 13th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Monistat, CO washes, biotin, brewer's yeast and Vitamin B complex. Iron and Zinc trace mineral supplements. Rosemary essential oil scalp massage and rosemary water rinses. These are just a few growth stimulators that have worked well for me. Hope they do the same for you .;)

kdaniels8811
May 13th, 2009, 03:42 AM
There is a whole thread and article by Ktani on catnip tea rinses. I swear by them, prevents breakage and damage on my hair. As far as waiting for it to grow, I know! I am the worlds most impatient person. What helped the most is bunning it and simply leaving it alone. Healthy diet, vitamins, and accepting the fact it grows a half inch a month and it will take a long time to get where you want. I just hit BSL and I am thrilled! Good luck on your growing journey. And do a search for catnip tea or check the articles section.

Addy
May 13th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Oh boy. I been there, made that mistake in Aug 07' and got the same exact hair cut and cried, bitched and moaned for the first few months!:( WTH is that tail thing they leave you with anyways! :o

If you go back a few pages, you will see my one year's progress from Last May when I cut from apl to shoulder. My layers were everywhere but you did the right thing by just whapping it off like I did the day it happened. It would have driven you bonkers. I just had the tail cut off a little past the shoulders and let it grow for 8 months and cut again to shoulder. I am now finally almost brushing bsl again. It's taken me almost 2 years!

It is definately hard but I would suggest lots of patience and ignore it! That is what has helped me. AND please do stay away from salons! ;) Good luck!

MsBubbles
May 13th, 2009, 06:19 AM
There is a whole thread and article by Ktani on catnip tea rinses. I swear by them, prevents breakage and damage on my hair. As far as waiting for it to grow, I know! I am the worlds most impatient person. What helped the most is bunning it and simply leaving it alone. Healthy diet, vitamins, and accepting the fact it grows a half inch a month and it will take a long time to get where you want. I just hit BSL and I am thrilled! Good luck on your growing journey. And do a search for catnip tea or check the articles section.

Another vote for catnip rinses here! Here's Ktani's article. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=118)

And here is the catnip for split-ends thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=476).

florenonite
May 13th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Debra-Could you please embellish on why ponytails are not good and the catnip hair rinse sounds intriguing;(if you don't mind sharing)?? how exactly do you prepare it? Thanx, if you don't mind:)

Ponytails can damage your hair if you tie them tightly in the same place frequently. Some people, like me, find that wearing loose ponytails once in a while doesn't cause damage whilst others find their hair is best with no ponytails whatsoever, and instead use other methods, like hairsticks, to secure their hair.

JamieLeigh
May 13th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Welcome to LHC! If nothing else, on this forum you will find more reasons to appreciate the hair you've been given, and advice on how to better take care of it. (For some people, the first step in that is to find a better stylist!! ;))

Good luck on your growing journey! We're all growing too, right here with you! :flower:

Forever_Sophie
May 13th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Being the "victim" of an awful cut a couple wks ago, I sort of gasped when I read, "now its neck length!" Anyway, 2000mcg biotin works for making my hair grow. I never measure, but it's visible, friends who saw me daily even commented.

Good luck! :)

wintersun99
May 13th, 2009, 09:09 AM
What I'm doing:
MN but rather inconsistently
No trim vow for the next year
Hats and Headbands
Coconut Oil and Cassia
Patience
*I might try the Biotin

Aisha25
May 13th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Been there before with neck length, errr my most dreaded length:mad:. Dont worry it will grow out just takes time and patience. :flower:

*Sending you growing vibes*

Orchid_28
May 13th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks everyone...I will just have to keep myself busy and not think about it too much or else it will just seem to grow at a slower rate. Right now my routine is:

1. Wash every other day or 2 days (I use Burt's Bees shampoo and deep conditioner)
2. Massage 2-5 minutes daily
3. I use Renee Furtier lavender lemon oil and Argon oil on my hair 1-2 times a week
4. Omega-3 twice a day
5. Hairfinity supplements twice a day
6. No trimming!

Once I run out of my oils and supplements I will definitely try other methods. This forum is so much fun as I am totally obsessed with my hair! No more layers for me for awhile and I am not coming back to that salon anymore. My friend just got some really nice layers so in a few years I can go to the same person that she went to.

redneckprincess
May 14th, 2009, 06:19 AM
Ive been growing my hair out from a pixie or so for about a year now, with one fairly large trim to cut off more damage and layers.
I take Biotin, gelatin, and prenatals, hoping to try the monistat soon.

florenonite
May 14th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Ive been growing my hair out from a pixie or so for about a year now, with one fairly large trim to cut off more damage and layers.
I take Biotin, gelatin, and prenatals, hoping to try the monistat soon.

Gelatin? I've never heard of that helping hair growth. Do you know the biology behind it? I'm intrigued (not going to try it, but just interested in how it works).

redneckprincess
May 14th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Gelatin? I've never heard of that helping hair growth. Do you know the biology behind it? I'm intrigued (not going to try it, but just interested in how it works).
nope but I heard it works so i thought id give it a try...you might be able to google it and find out, but I got to run(rather walk) right now, my friend is on her way for our daily 3.5 miles

florenonite
May 14th, 2009, 07:27 AM
nope but I heard it works so i thought id give it a try...you might be able to google it and find out, but I got to run(rather walk) right now, my friend is on her way for our daily 3.5 miles

I found through Google that gelatin is high in protein, coming from animals (something I really ought to have known already :rolleyes:) and hair is made of protein; ergo consuming protein, in this case in the form of gelatin, increases hair growth.

Orchid_28
May 14th, 2009, 11:20 AM
^I wear my hair in a ponytail...its not really tight to where my forehead and scalp feels stiff but I use a small lil black rubber band. I cant really tie it loose because I dont have much hair to tie if I dont tie it tight enough. But my hair does look nicer when its up though hmm...I just hope it doesnt damage it too much :/

I do want to try monistat though!

redneckprincess
May 14th, 2009, 11:29 AM
I found through Google that gelatin is high in protein, coming from animals (something I really ought to have known already :rolleyes:) and hair is made of protein; ergo consuming protein, in this case in the form of gelatin, increases hair growth.
yes and thank you for doing the resarch, sorry about that I would have done it when I got back but you already did so i thank you!! ♥

florenonite
May 14th, 2009, 11:48 AM
yes and thank you for doing the resarch, sorry about that I would have done it when I got back but you already did so i thank you!! ♥

Hehe, no problem. I'm procrastinating on studying for exams, which makes me very productive at everything else!