PDA

View Full Version : Question Regarding CWC

DBBramble
May 12th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I'm doing the CWC. I've run out of my dandruff shampoo and would like to sure a rinse until I can buy some more. My question is where would the rinse fall? Would it replace the wash? I think that's the only questions I have.

Thanks for answering!

DBBramble

Elenna
May 13th, 2009, 01:01 AM
CWC, means conditioner, wash and then condition. If you don't have your dandruff shampoo then it's not a wash in the middle anymore. So you are left with conditioner only method which works for a lot of people here on LHC. You rinse the conditioners off and the shampoo soap off for each step. Is this what you wanted to know?

jera
May 13th, 2009, 01:26 AM
I'm doing the CWC. I've run out of my dandruff shampoo and would like to sure a rinse until I can buy some more. My question is where would the rinse fall? Would it replace the wash? I think that's the only questions I have.

Thanks for answering!

DBBramble

If you're looking for alternatives to the shampoo step of the CWC, you could try an Indian herb wash? I'm not sure if this is what you'r talking about though.

Unless your hair and scalp are very oily, you could get by with just a CO (conditioner only) and then rinse. This is what I've been doing for over a month now and it's working so well I'm not going back to "poo. :p

DBBramble
May 13th, 2009, 01:04 PM
lol thank you both. What I think I ment was could the vinegar rinse I'm wanting to use replace the wash in cwc because I'm only planning on using it on my scalp and roots. My scalp and roots tend to get fairly oily, so I'm not sure if the condition only would be good for me or not, but that is definately something I can look into as an occasional treat since summer is coming. I'm also curious about the herbal wash as well. I'll have to look that up.

jera
May 13th, 2009, 02:46 PM
lol thank you both. What I think I ment was could the vinegar rinse I'm wanting to use replace the wash in cwc because I'm only planning on using it on my scalp and roots. My scalp and roots tend to get fairly oily, so I'm not sure if the condition only would be good for me or not, but that is definately something I can look into as an occasional treat since summer is coming. I'm also curious about the herbal wash as well. I'll have to look that up.

Since my hair is normal/dry, I haven't used vinegar as the wash step but you could try. Everyone's hair is individual and finding the right recipe for healthy hair is often a matter of constant experimentation. :)

Elenna
May 13th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Well fine, oily hair can be difficult to cleanse. I have the same hair you do.

You can try out the conditioner only or use herbs to "wash" your hair. Some herbs are soapnuts, soapwort, yucca, catnip, etc.

Have you thought about shampoo bars? Some online stores are Chagrins Valley or Prairieland Herbs.

Vinegar rinses out the soap/shampoo scum left on the hair.

DBBramble
May 14th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I didn't even know shampoo bars existed. I'll have to look into that and see what I find.

Elenna
May 14th, 2009, 01:46 PM
What is your basic hair care routine?

There are several main ones: conditioner-wash-conditioner (CWC), shampoo-conditioner (SC), and conditioner-only (CO). There are many variations on these themes.

Then there are all the different washing methods with conventional shampoos, natural shampoos, baking soda, shampoo bars, herbs, conditioners, and so forth.

You are using a dandruff shampoo. I think that there are many methods for dandruff here.

Rinses can be white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, citric acid, etc.

Your best bet is to use similar hair care methods to what you are used to and slowly change from there.

DBBramble
May 14th, 2009, 07:01 PM
"Normal" haircare routine: Wash Condition.

Currently: CWC (Which seems to be going fairly well)

I've used a vinegar rinse with herbs before and it's done well. I just need to pick up some catnip and another bottle of apple cider vinegar.

hmmm.... I think a condition (ends only) wash (Herbal Essence Long hair shampoo), then the Rinse, and final condition might be a plan.

What do you think?

I try to go very very light when doing the condition from tip to root, though with the way my hair is I could probably do that every other time I wash my hair.

danacc
May 14th, 2009, 09:24 PM
You mention a dandruff shampoo. Depending on the cause of the dandruff, the vinegar rinse could help. (Conditioner on my scalp just makes it flake more, but for others it has eliminated the flakes.)

I like your plan of CW-vinegar rinse-C with a different shampoo since you're out of your usual one. You can also do CWC-vinegar rinse, and then plain water rinse. If the vinegar rinse is a new addition to your routine, you'll want to change as little else as possible. I wouldn't go to "no shampoo" or to shampoo bars until establishing how your hair and scalp respond to the vinegar rinse, and where it best fits.