PDA

View Full Version : hair growth chart

jojo
April 6th, 2008, 05:50 PM
i did put this on the old site, so thought id put it up again for those who are interested, the black line is BSL!!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/hairchart.jpg

ETA-I did mean APL!

lora410
April 6th, 2008, 06:00 PM
ok, then I have one more yr until waist. I went from shoulder to almost bsl in 1yr.

lora410
April 6th, 2008, 06:01 PM
p.s the black line looks like APL no BSL. the 3yr mark looks more BSL to me.

Carolyn
April 6th, 2008, 06:46 PM
It's a great visual not to mention lovely hair to look at. However I think most of us at LHC know there are greatly varying rates of hair growth and this chart is using the average of 1/2" per month. We also have to factor "our" method of measuring our hair. I would have to add 5" to go up and over the top of my head. I used to measure my hair their way and waist was 28" on me, or 4" longer than the model. What would be cool is to do it with your own hair and calculate your own growth rates. If you are a shorter person and your hair grows 3/4" per month you'll get to waist a lot faster than I did :D.

NightingaleLHC
April 6th, 2008, 06:55 PM
I thought BSL was longer? At the three year mark like Lora410 said. Where a bra strap is, right? :confused:

marizzlefoshizz
April 6th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I agree, I think BSL is about the 3 year mark. And the black line is APL, but thanks for the chart!

nayver
April 7th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Jojo, I'm trying to read the smalls letter but I can't...where can I find this picture bigger? :)

HaiirPEACE
April 7th, 2008, 07:28 AM
i wish i was close to any of those lengths

jojo
April 7th, 2008, 07:33 AM
p.s the black line looks like APL no BSL. the 3yr mark looks more BSL to me.

I did mean apl not bsl sorry!

lacereza
April 7th, 2008, 07:49 AM

Kirin
April 7th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Hmm, i dont think this chart would be accurate for me, I went from one inch off the nape of the neck to just past shoulders now in about 8 months. Granted I may slow down (I hope not) but i think i'll reach bsl within 6-8 months at this rate.

jojo
April 7th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Do y'all think that those time estimates are accurate? I've cut out all of the last dye I put on my hair and have hit what would be the 3.5 year mark (or a bit later) in 2 years and eight months. Does my hair grow abnormally fast? Or do I just have a short back? :)

it is only accurate if you grow 1/2" a month, for me its spot on, which is kinda exciting:cheese:

Jason
April 7th, 2008, 12:32 PM
The chart is also assuming no trims whatsoever. I recently passed my 4 year mark but I'm just past the 3 year mark on the chart. If I add in the trims I guess I'd be pretty close to the 4 year marker. I don't regret my small trims though.

anna1850
April 7th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Thank you for posting this again. It's a very good idea visually.

I do doubt what is actually written on the chart though
"Each hair has a lifespan of two to five years"
"If you're growing your hair, the average length it'll reach is 18 to 24 inches"
I know some people here reach terminal very soon but these seem a little low to me for an average.

lacereza
April 20th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Remember that they're measuring the length of the hair, not the head the way we do. Mine's waist length and the longest strands are only 17 or 18", so I can see how the average terminal length could be between waist and hip...

ale
April 21st, 2008, 02:02 AM
Thank you for posting this again. It's a very good idea visually.

I do doubt what is actually written on the chart though
"Each hair has a lifespan of two to five years"
"If you're growing your hair, the average length it'll reach is 18 to 24 inches"
I know some people here reach terminal very soon but these seem a little low to me for an average.

Hmm, 24 inches on average means that a lot of people will stop before, a lot of people after, and a few people will grow far more than that. I know we are a minorance here, but I see a lot of us is far from 24 inches, on the "long" side. Speaking for myself, I past that 24 inches, say, (***converts from cm***) , eight inches ago -and I'm talking about the length of the hair, not of hair and head.
I don't think that that "average" length is so accurate, but then it's just my opinion...

Just_Isabel
April 21st, 2008, 03:08 AM
I like the chart. :) Of course it won't be accurate for everyone, not even for everyone with straight hair, but I like it.

Now we need one for curly heads. :lol: Shrinkage takes a lot of length away.

mommy2one05
April 21st, 2008, 08:34 AM
I do not agree with ths chart because i have been growing my shoulder length hair out for less than four years and am at waist already so this is not accurate for everybody

wintersun99
April 21st, 2008, 08:42 AM

Periwinkle
April 21st, 2008, 10:17 AM
Hm, my hair's 25" but still BSL...maybe I'm a freak :/

Actually, I think that's measured differently...the measurements on LHC are from the front hairline over your head, right? And that one's not. Meh, I'm not a freak :(

1nuitblanche
April 21st, 2008, 10:46 AM
This is a neat chart. I'd guess that adding ~6" to their measurements would make it more or less "averagely" accurate. But, in any case, it is nice to see a guesstimate for hair growth. Thanks Jojo!

zift
April 21st, 2008, 12:28 PM
I liked when I first saw this chart, but it was in another site. I didn't know you made it jojo? And if it wasn't you maybe we legally need to link to the site where it belongs or give credit to the creator :confused:
ETA:Found it here (http://www.*************/HCP/growth.htm)

jojo
April 21st, 2008, 12:35 PM
I liked when I first saw this chart, but it was in another site. I didn't know you made it jojo? And if it wasn't you maybe we legally need to link to the site where it belongs or give credit to the creator :confused:

i got the chart from a hair site not forum, it was about hair in general but this was 2 years ago so i forget where from, it was jus saved on my pictures so thought id share. I did not make the chart but did put the link as to where i got it on the old forum, will try and hunt it down if you like?

zift
April 21st, 2008, 12:39 PM
i got the chart from a hair site not forum, it was about hair in general but this was 2 years ago so i forget where from, it was jus saved on my pictures so thought id share. I did not make the chart but did put the link as to where i got it on the old forum, will try and hunt it down if you like?
No don't look for it,I already found it:D