PDA

View Full Version : Borrowed from puppy...

krissyam
May 12th, 2009, 12:26 AM
My hubs and I picked up our beautiful shiba inu pup from the breeder's over the weekend, and of course, my product obsession led me to buy an armful of grooming products upon his arrival. Don't laugh, but as I was cleaning puppy up after his long drive home, I decided I had to try his oatmeal shampoo and coat salve....and it was amazing!

The shampoo is a waterless foam shampoo (but I used it in the shower) based on coco betaine, hydrolyzed whole oats and almond oil....It's made by John Paul, the co-founder of Paul Mitchell, and I got it at Petco.

The salve is called Halo Healing Salve (Soy, Almond, Coconut, Avocado Oils, Beeswax, Squalene, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Calendula, Aloe, COmfrey, Tea Tree, Myrrh and Lavender). I rubbed a very small amount through the length and braided my damp hair, and a few hours later I unbraided to find the most gorgeous, soft, no-flyaway hair- and it actually held a wave, which is quite a big deal for me. My husband thinks that this is a hilarious development...He got a big kick out of the Megatek, and now I'm in love with John Paul Pet. :p

Is there anyone else who is in love with any dog or horse products (aside from Mane and Tail or MGTK) ? I'm curious, as I think the majority of this stuff is designed to be pretty gentle, tear-free, and super moisturizing, and I'd bet there are more hidden gems waiting to be discovered in the grooming aisle.

jera
May 12th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Oats are actually very good for your skin and hair as they're loaded with B vitamins. :) And the salve contains Squalane which I love for hydrating. It's so thin and light. Almost like water but it packs a hydrating punch. :D

young&reckless
May 13th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I have never been tempted to steel my dogs stuff, but I use my CV bars on their coats sometimes.

Nyghtingale
May 13th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I've used the mail & tail stuff, I loved it.

LHGypsyRose
May 13th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Wow I bet your hair looks beautiful:) Also, I think Shiba Inus are just sooo adorable!!

Natalia
May 22nd, 2009, 10:35 AM
That salve sounds delightful!

mugglemomof3
May 22nd, 2009, 10:41 AM
That salve does sound really great! Halo Healing Salve: is that also John Paul Pet??

Natalia
May 22nd, 2009, 11:10 AM
That salve does sound really great! Halo Healing Salve: is that also John Paul Pet??

Oh Halo! My tired eyes totally missed that. My dog really lieks their food. I saw it on ellen the first time and well i just love her so anything she supports i'll take a look at and theyre products were alot better and cheaper than whe were using so YAY!

rogue_psyche
May 22nd, 2009, 05:45 PM
Can I steal your dog? I've wanted a shiba inu for years...

Fractalsofhair
May 22nd, 2009, 07:05 PM
Congrats! I find odd uses for products as well. My cat, of all animals, likes baths, and often tries to jump in. XD I must say, I've never used shampoo on him, and normally I just let him get into the tub once I'm done and it's draining so he can walk in 1inch deep water. Paul Mitchell wreaked my hair, but maybe the pet shampoo is better!