PDA

View Full Version : back to shoulder....grow to BSL take 2.

Speckla
May 11th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I finally bit the bullet and had my husband cut off some damanged, split, and uneven ends. All my chemically dyed ends are gone!! The worst of my layers are gone!!

Whew! Now I can start with healthier, less damaged hair!

eyesofsummer
May 11th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Oh wow, you are much braver than I am! Congrats! Your ends must be in great condition now :)

teela1978
May 11th, 2009, 10:55 PM
That shoulder cut is scary isn't it? It will grow out beautifully though, it's fun to see the difference between damaged/colored hair and 'virgin' hair :)

ChloeDharma
May 12th, 2009, 05:12 AM
A big chop is scary isn't it, i went from hiplength/tailbone length to somewhere near APL last summer and it did feel amazing removing all of the chemically damaged hair.
The only thing is that now i'm feeling impatient again.
One thing i love about your length is that you can do peacock twists which are one of my favourite styles.
Good luck regrowing your hair :)

Speckla
May 12th, 2009, 04:37 PM
http://images49.fotki.com/v1500/photos/7/1199357/7533769/Becky_back-vi.jpg

http://images107.fotki.com/v544/photos/7/1199357/7533769/Becky_front-vi.jpg

I figured it was better to do it now before it got too much longer. I was between APL and BSL when curly but my ends were getting really thin and ratty looking. Detangling was a nightmare because underneath was slightly matted with tangles I couldn't comb out without ripping out a lot of hair. I couldn't even get a comb through with a handful of conditioner just on the ends.

My bottom layers were too many different lengths due to a bad cut last year around this time. I had to wait until my shortest layer in the back was slightly below shoulder and then told my husband to use that as a guide and make the rest match.

let the cheese rollon. :cheese:

redneckprincess
May 12th, 2009, 05:27 PM
your hair is so pretty ♥

marialena
May 12th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Your hair look so pretty and have such shiny curls. I think that you decided very wisely to cut your hair.
Long hair are not beautiful if they are totally damaged. I wish you happy and really healthy new growing. :) :cheese:

Speckla
May 12th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Thank you all. The great thing about curly hair is that it's a little bit longer than it looks and I can still do a french twist and a ponytail.

Addy
May 12th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Your hair is gorgeous speckla! It will look and feel ten times better now that the damage is gone! It's a hard decision but a very wise one! Congratulations! You are also very beautiful!

BajanGal
May 13th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Ive done the same thing and went to shoulder length... but the bad news is that it is takeing a long time to grow from shoulder to APL! Can anyone tell me which goal takes longest? Like after I reach APL will it be smooth sailing to BSL?