PDA

View Full Version : Reached BSL! (progress pics)

Denebi
May 11th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Hi there,

I nearly missed my first length goal, BSL!

Look at this:
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_tY1hGv3U2vU/SghSWc3yTAI/AAAAAAAABx0/7fO8sMftIvQ/s512/BSL_Mai09.JPG

And that's how it all started in December 2007:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_tY1hGv3U2vU/R3FDB3fWDLI/AAAAAAAAAEM/CKjpazdzvo0/s640/Haar4.jpg

I had to cut several inches in between, and I'm still doing micro trims every month. I'm so happy to reach BSL though, and my way to waist isn't that long any more. I hope to reach it in a much shorter time than I had to wait for BSL...

But there are still lots of see through ends there, so I have to work on that. The waviness is due to bun waves, so don't get irritated, the 1b classifier is correct ;)

SHELIAANN1969
May 11th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Heyyyyyyy, it's lookin good lady! :flower: Congrats on the growth!

MsBubbles
May 11th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Well you look like you're gonna be at waist very soon! Very pretty hair.

KajiKodomo
May 11th, 2009, 11:06 AM
You're definitely well past BSL! Congrats! Your hair is lovely! :D

Carina
May 11th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Congrats to reaching your goal.:cheese:.You have very beautiful hair and great shine:thud:.

lapushka
May 11th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Congratulations on reaching BSL & beyond. :D
Way to go!

Honestwitness
May 11th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Being a newbie, still, I'm confused by the term bra-strap length (BSL). I always thought the straps of the bra are the narrow pieces of material that go vertically over the shoulder, connecting the horizontal back parts to the cups in front. When I first came to this forum, I thought BSL meant the longest hairs reached to the strap where it goes over the top of the shoulder.

Now that I've been reading the forum daily for two months, I am seeing that my original idea was incorrect. Instead, I perceive the term BSL to be a way to refer to hair that is mid-back length. Typically the back of the bra divides the back of the torso roughly in two areas, horizontally, so the horizontal bra line is used to indicate a milestone in hair growth.

Because the horizontal part of a bra can actually be pretty wide, I was not thinking of it as a "strap." However, in my younger years, I did have a few bras with a narrow horizontal part that could be considered a strap.

Am I perceiving this correctly? Am I being too anal?

bella77
May 11th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Being a newbie, still, I'm confused by the term bra-strap length (BSL). I always thought the straps of the bra are the narrow pieces of material that go vertically over the shoulder, connecting the horizontal back parts to the cups in front. When I first came to this forum, I thought BSL meant the longest hairs reached to the strap where it goes over the top of the shoulder.

Now that I've been reading the forum daily for two months, I am seeing that my original idea was incorrect. Instead, I perceive the term BSL to be a way to refer to hair that is mid-back length. Typically the back of the bra divides the back of the torso roughly in two areas, horizontally, so the horizontal bra line is used to indicate a milestone in hair growth.

Because the horizontal part of a bra can actually be pretty wide, I was not thinking of it as a "strap." However, in my younger years, I did have a few bras with a narrow horizontal part that could be considered a strap.

Am I perceiving this correctly? Am I being too anal? you are correct, it is indeed the strap that goes around the torso and not over the shoulders. Of course, some women wear theirs at different heights so it varies from person to person.

hockeygirl256
May 11th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Congratulations!!! BSL is pretty much my final goal and with my slow-to-grow-hair it will definitely be something I'm celebrating :) Congrats again!

ccmuffingirl
May 11th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Congrats! I'm APL right now, after a trim. I hope to reach BSL very soon :).

GlassEyes
May 11th, 2009, 12:32 PM
It looks like you LONG missed your goal. xD; If your hair is indeed 1b as you say, you're probably already at waist, since you look about there even with the waves. xD; It does look nice though.

kdaniels8811
May 11th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Beautiful hair and it is funny your missing your goal! I am anal about checking my hair length, to the point I just had to stop. I love your curls. Way to go!!

Pixna
May 11th, 2009, 03:13 PM
BSL and Beyond!! You're at Can I Call This Between BSL and Waist? ;) Congratulations!!!

jezebel17
May 11th, 2009, 03:17 PM
My hair is curly so it always looks a different length, because of shrinkage.I totally missed when I hit bsl.I just noticed one day when I straightened my hair, and was so happy.Goodluck reaching waist!

maskedrose
May 11th, 2009, 05:43 PM
It looks awesome! Great progress on the length and health :)

Honestwitness
May 11th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Ok. So tell me if I have this diagrammed correctly.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2898&pictureid=39019
If this is correct, it appears that I'm very close to APL. I'm so excited!

My hair looks rather limp and yukky today. Maybe I need to clarify.

Honestwitness
May 11th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Oh, and Denebi, please forgive my hogging this thread. I congratulate you on your beautiful hair and your patience to achieve this length. You're an inspiration to me.

redneckprincess
May 12th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Congrats♥ your hair is beautiful

paper
May 12th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Wow, congrats on reaching BSL! :cheese: Your hair is so pretty!

Juanita
May 12th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Denebi Your hair is lovely and more mid back rather than BSL.
Honestwitness your hair is pretty and measurements look right to me, Good growing

SpecialKitty
May 12th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Very nice growth and healthy shiny hair!!! Congratulations :applause:

Also, are you sure you're a 1b? You look more like a 1c or 2a to me.

Garnet66
May 12th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Congrats on reaching bsl. You hair is so shiny and healthy looking.

Robinlyn
May 12th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Beautiful hair, congrats!!

JamieLeigh
May 13th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Congrats on your goal!! You have beautiful hair - I love the waves! :flower:

janeytilllie
May 13th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Congratulations! :cheese: You hair is very beautiful! :D

Autumnberry
May 13th, 2009, 10:49 AM
It looks like your micro trims are working out very well--your hair looks lovely! Congratulations on your more than BSL success. You'll soon be spotted on the waist thread!

spidermom
May 13th, 2009, 10:59 AM

Am I perceiving this correctly? Am I being too anal?

I strongly dislike the term Bra Strap Length because you are correct, the straps go over the shoulder. Since pretty much all lengths are described where they occur on the body, I think of BSL as Bottom of Shoulderblade Length. After all, guys have shoulderblades, but they don't wear bras. And classic to me is top-thigh length.

spidermom
May 13th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Oh, and congratulations to you Denebi. Those ends are hovering very close to waist now.

Samikha
May 13th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Also, are you sure you're a 1b? You look more like a 1c or 2a to me.

I was thinking this too, if those are your fresh-washed waves. Anyway, it's beautiful and so shiny! A lovely colour too. Congrats :beerchug:

going gray
May 13th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Congratulations to you, your hair is lovely.

Nyghtingale
May 13th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Gratz on your length! It's beautiful.

lhangel9
May 13th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Beautiful! Just Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Now how about sharing your regime?

patience
May 13th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Congratulations! Very pretty!

Denebi
May 14th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Thank you all so much for your nice and encouraging comments! :grouphug:

Honestwitness, you're more than welcome! I'm honoured to be an inspiration for you, and I hope you reach APL soon.

GlassEyes, I still have to wait for waistlength, as I'm going to continue trimming my damaged ends. But yes, it's not that far away anymore, yippie!

SpecialKitty and Samikha, unfortunately my hair is really only 1b. These are bun waves. I'd love to be a natural 2a! Always want to have what you don't get ;)

Spidermom, you are correct, the term "bra strap" is a bit misleading. Maybe I should just call it "midback", but that's also not very accurate... Thinking about it. Probably this will solve itself when reaching waist :)

PrettyGirl2, micro trims! I cut about 1/4" every month. Washing is every 3 to 4 days, diluted shampoo, sometimes rinsing, somtimes conditioning, updos most of the time, no blow drying. That's pretty much it. :) I started catnip rinses a cuople of days ago, let's see how this turns out.

jupiterjuniper
May 14th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I can't wait ha cha cha. That's very pretty!

lhangel9
May 18th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Wow!!!! Congrats your hair is just gorgeous!

Citrine
May 18th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Congrats! :cheese:

Ryanne
May 18th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Congratulations, it looks pretty.

Gutterfayrie
May 19th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Congratulations on BSL!!!!!!!

Debra83
May 19th, 2009, 01:54 AM
Way to Go! Keep up the great work, and please do share your regime with us!

Maelyssa
May 19th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Very nice growth. I think the straight across hemline looks much nicer on your hair than the other did. Congrats on meeting your first goal!

dragonfrog
May 19th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks very pretty and healthy, I like the color of it.

free_hug
May 19th, 2009, 01:19 PM
...and look at thos LOVELY waves

OhioLisa
May 19th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Beautiful shiny hair. Great growth! Well done. :flowers: