PDA

View Full Version : Bad Hair Day Do?

Quirky&Perky
April 6th, 2008, 02:29 PM
What are your favorite do's for a bad hair day? Or the day that you wake up late and are freaking out trying to get out the door? Since I generally wash my hair every morning if I get up late my hair has serious issues. Do you have a favorite quick fix for an extra oily day when you don't have time to wash and dry? I've heard of using hair powder but never used it myself. Do any of you ever try to go retro with a headscarf to cover the craziness?
-Kallie

thetokenlady
April 6th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I find that something braided helps disguise oiliness. Like making a simple English braid and then bunning the braid.

eadwine
April 6th, 2008, 03:01 PM
My regular 10sec quick bun. Works always.

AJoifulNoise
April 6th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Cinnabun with small clips:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2008/February222008Upload007.jpg

ShadowSwallow
April 6th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Cinnabun. Of course that's the only bun I can do right now, but it's quicker than braiding.

Lisa-Maria
April 6th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Cinnabun with large clips, or a braided bun... with large clips :)

peachy.pudding
April 6th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Shampoo is the only way to sort a bad hair day out. if i dont have time it will be an updo with centre part to hide the greasy underneath

jojo
April 6th, 2008, 04:02 PM
messy bun for me or a french braid

lora410
April 6th, 2008, 04:06 PM
A high french twist or a bun.

Anje
April 6th, 2008, 04:32 PM
For me, bad hair days usually are associated with an inability to get my hair to comfortably go "up." Therefore, the standard bad hair day 'do tends to be a simple braid.

LifeisAdventure
April 6th, 2008, 05:15 PM
I do a basic cinnabun or this other twisted-bun thing I do and secure it with my prettiest, sparkliest hair toys. It tends to take the attention away from any greasies or kinks in my hair and make people look at the overall effect. (Then again, I suck at braiding, which is why that's not a good option for me!) :silly:

goodenough
April 6th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Keep in mind my hair is straight, a few inches from waist, and thick--

I don't brush but fluff a little and coax it into a lowish ponytail, them I put a headband near my hairline. I usually side part, but if I have oilyness or flakes, I avoid parting.

When I've just had bangs, I've washed just my bangs quickly in the sink. I've also been known to swab the hairline with a cotton ball soaked with rubbing alcohol.

rubyredslippers
April 6th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Two english braids, because if my hair is frizzy or curled asymmetrically, they guarantee a good next hair-day.

If not that, then tossed in a quick cinnamon-bun with a pair of hairsticks.:shrug: It works.

akurah
April 6th, 2008, 07:52 PM
I either wear a french twist or I put it in a ponytail or braid and put a newsboy cap over it.

CrowningGlory
April 6th, 2008, 08:09 PM
What are your favorite do's for a bad hair day? Or the day that you wake up late and are freaking out trying to get out the door? Since I generally wash my hair every morning if I get up late my hair has serious issues. Do you have a favorite quick fix for an extra oily day when you don't have time to wash and dry? I've heard of using hair powder but never used it myself. Do any of you ever try to go retro with a headscarf to cover the craziness?
-Kallie

I used talcum powder when I had stitches on my scalp and wasn't allowed to wash. It worked but the brushes had to be washed afterwards. I've also used a spray-in 'dry' shampoo that works extremely well. Both only take a moment or two and there's no wet hair to deal with. I'm planning to try rice flour one day since that's the main ingredient in the dry shampoo.

Growin' It
April 6th, 2008, 08:46 PM
What type is your hair? Even an approximate type might help. I see you're 42" so this wouldn't work for you, but I put mine up in an octopus clip (4 prongs turning inwards to the centre, with a spring inbetween, and two small handles) - not sure of the proper name for them - and wind the hair around the circumference of the clip, then bobby pin the last bits to the scalp, or slip them under the bottom claws of the clip.

CurlyNinja
April 6th, 2008, 09:08 PM
double french braids disguise just about anything on my hair.

Legend
April 6th, 2008, 11:06 PM
A bun with my Hair Zing. Works like a charm. :)

Shirlpunzel
April 6th, 2008, 11:39 PM
the in a hurry to get going in the morning part is an easy one to answer for me...
I sleep in an english braid; french would hold even better, but I'm not yet good enough at those to bother with it on a regular basis. Since my hair is already braided when I get up, I can just leave it that way and ignore it till I have a chance to do something else(in fact this is most days - I'm not a morning person ;) ). The lower part of the braid stays just fine, and with a satin pillowcase the top generally looks ok too with a quick smoothing (just run my hands over it to lay the baby hairs down). If I've had a restless sleep or for whatever other reason the top is messed up, I can just put a bandanna over it and nobody knows the difference. Fitted bandannas are great btw. I have a few different ones, and they're an even faster/simpler solution that normal ones. My favorite is a leather one I found at the flea market - only a dollar and surprisingly hair friendly.

as far as "bad hair days" - for me those are the ones when my hair just doesn't want to cooperate with any updp I try... so those tend to end up with just giving up and rebraiding. I know it's not quite as nice to my ends as having it up, but it seems to be my most reliable style.

Miss Murphy
April 7th, 2008, 01:53 AM
My standard go-to is a braided bun. Looks good, I know I can get it to look fine everytime I do it, and I'm out the door in mere minutes.

Or just a simple braid, but I rather prefer my hair bunned.

Curlsgirl
April 7th, 2008, 05:53 AM
My "fairly fail-safe updo" is a bun stacked on top of each other with the top part twisted up and around so it looks like a half figure 8/half french twist. It has a loop at the top where I insert a fork and oila it stays all day with wispies and curlies hanging out sometimes but still looks nice. I do a braid sometimes too but prefer the updo.

FoxFire
April 7th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Wow! Thanks for asking this question. It has given me lots of ideas.

Whenever this has happened to me, I just put it up in a French braid. Ususally I tuck the tail up and secure it with a flexi-8 (my new obsession!) or a barette.