PDA

View Full Version : Rooibos Oil

ChloeDharma
April 6th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I was just reading through another forum and found a thread on Rooibos. One of the posters said that they heat Rooibos teabags in oil and use that on sore skin.
I tried the rinse before hoping to enhance my red, plus i saw it mentioned in a search that in one study it improved hairgrowth....but i found it too astringent on my hair. But an oil extraction would i assume prevent that issue.
So i wondered if anybody has tried doing this? Or just am interested in peoples thoughts on it :)

BrianaFineHair
April 6th, 2008, 04:36 PM
If it improved hair growth and the general condition of the scalp, I'd be all for trying it.

When you say, "astringent", do you mean it makes your hair feel dry?

ChloeDharma
April 6th, 2008, 07:32 PM
If it improved hair growth and the general condition of the scalp, I'd be all for trying it.

When you say, "astringent", do you mean it makes your hair feel dry?

Yeah it felt quite dry and tangly. It might be ok on other peoples hair because at the time i used it there was alot of very chemically damaged hair left.

cutenappygrl
April 8th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I know this isn't an answer to your question - but i got to know - did it make your hair red?

ChloeDharma
April 8th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I know this isn't an answer to your question - but i got to know - did it make your hair red?

Ummmm i don't remember for sure.....my results i think are in my old journal......it might have a little, but my hair was very red anyway.

Melisande
December 23rd, 2008, 12:18 AM
I let four bags of rooibos tea in a little bottle of jojoba oil for a number of days - on the radiator where it can catch a little winter sun, too. The smell is very good, the color a bit brownish. I intend to use it on my face and scalp. Anyone else who experimented with oil and rooibos tea?

Sokudo Ningyou
December 23rd, 2008, 06:54 PM
I'm wondering what rooibos tea they used, as I'm going to guess most big-chain store brand is going to be mixed with something else. A loose-leaf tea you can bag yourself would prolly be the best way to make sure you're not going to get any extras you don't want. Or, on the hand, a mix you might want to use, like raspberry and rooibos (http://www.sbsteas.com/Raspberry-Rooibos-Iced-Tea-Bags-pr-1760.html).

Sissy
December 25th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I've never used Rooibos on my hair or skin. However, it is one of my favourite teas to drink :-) So sweet and delicious!