PDA

View Full Version : Quote + (multiquote)

eadwine
March 9th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Can someone instruct me as to how to use this?

I pressed the button, but nothing happens here in the quick reply box. When going to advanced I can still see the posts, but all the quote and such buttons are gone.

I must be doing something wrong hehe.

Nightshade
March 9th, 2008, 01:44 AM
You hit the Multi-quote button for each person you want to add. When you do so you'll see the button for that quoted post change from a + to a -.

When you hit the bottom of the page and click "Reply" then all the multi-quotes show up.

To un-multiquote someone you hit the - and it will change back to a +. :)

eadwine
March 9th, 2008, 01:56 AM
I got it! You meant the BIG reply button, not the one in a post. Great! Thanks :)

dancingbarefoot
March 9th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Another way is to hit the multiquote for every post you want to quote BUT for the last one, just hit the regular quote button. Then the reply button is totally unnecessary.

eadwine
March 9th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Ah, ok! Thank you :)

Shermie Girl
March 9th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I just tried this feature in another thread and it was so easy and fun to use. *I am liking this new LHC better and better, all the time.* :D

Nightshade
March 10th, 2008, 11:02 AM
I think I'll pretty much only hit the multiquote button from now on, even if I only end up quoting on person. If you hit the quote button you're automatically taken to a reply box. With multiquote it lets you wait until you're done reading the whole thread and then you hit Reply.

I like that a lot more :D

squiggyflop
March 10th, 2008, 11:39 AM
wow ive been opening a new window and copy pasting the code for each additional quote all this time... i never saw the additional quote button.

kimberlily
March 10th, 2008, 11:44 AM
That is SUCH a cool feature. It'll totally save time when you want to reply to multiple posts and quote them to avoid confusion :D

snowbear
March 10th, 2008, 02:23 PM
wow ive been opening a new window and copy pasting the code for each additional quote all this time... i never saw the additional quote button.
Well, it's new to this version, so don't feel too bad! :)

Hairstorm
March 25th, 2008, 02:00 PM
You hit the Multi-quote button for each person you want to add. When you do so you'll see the button for that quoted post change from a + to a -.

When you hit the bottom of the page and click "Reply" then all the multi-quotes show up.

To un-multiquote someone you hit the - and it will change back to a +. :)test

I got it! You meant the BIG reply button, not the one in a post. Great! Thanks :)

test

ETA: oops, sorry!

happylynngilmer
March 25th, 2008, 04:55 PM
yea I didnt know I could multi-quote either! cool!
I like to quote a lot hehe

FrannyG
March 25th, 2008, 05:10 PM
test

test

ETA: oops, sorry!

I'm glad you did that test.

I like to quote a lot hehe

This is much easier than the old way!

Hairstorm
March 25th, 2008, 06:32 PM
I like to quote a lot heheYay!

I'm glad you did that test.

This is much easier than the old way!It's fun!

Teacherbear
March 25th, 2008, 06:46 PM
The only problem for *me* is trying to sort through to delete the infromation I don't need in my quote box - just to get the stuff I want quoted. Ok, it isn't a huge problem, it just is a little more difficult to look for it this way. But DANG does that option save time multiquoting or what?! :wethere:

And I love how the quote box takes you to the original quote/post if you click on the little arrow. Too cool!

Shermie Girl
March 26th, 2008, 07:43 AM
I made an icon for my subscribed blog page for my computer screen. That's how I enter LHC every time I get on line from my own computer. If I'm using someone else's computer I have to do it the regular way. It's quick and easy and I'm right at the blogs when I enter LHC. If I have time I can look at New Posts after I read the blogs. I did that with the old journals.

Thanks! I use photobucket too, I just didn't know about the little button with the mountain on it!

The only problem for *me* is trying to sort through to delete the infromation I don't need in my quote box - just to get the stuff I want quoted. Ok, it isn't a huge problem, it just is a little more difficult to look for it this way. But DANG does that option save time multiquoting or what?! :wethere:

And I love how the quote box takes you to the original quote/post if you click on the little arrow. Too cool!

I know... These quotes don't make any sense. They aren't meant to. I discovered quite by accident that you can multi quote from different threads, if you want to. Just hit the Quote+ of each quote in different threads, then when you hit the reply button, the quote (or quotes) from the thread you are replying to will come up and in the box below, there will be a note asking if you want to include the quotes from other threads or not. Just click to include them or not. :D

Okay, you all probably already knew about that. But I thought it was so cool, I just had to gush a little. :o

Nightshade
March 26th, 2008, 08:09 AM
I didn't know you could pull from multiple threads, that's awesome :D

Wind Dragon
March 26th, 2008, 01:55 PM
I discovered quite by accident that you can multi quote from different threads [...]
Okay, you all probably already knew about that. But I thought it was so cool, I just had to gush a little. :o
I did not know about that, and yes, it is very cool.

[...] that's awesome :D
Yes it is. :D

Just checking this thing out, don't mind me. :face:

WritingPrincess
March 27th, 2008, 03:06 PM
This is cool!

Koala Kim
March 27th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Thank you eadwine for asking this. :smooch:
I felt like an idiot for not being able to figure it out. :o

Guess I should have just asked! :lol:

Nynaeve
March 27th, 2008, 09:08 PM
OOOOO
Thanks so much for asking about this, ad those of you who responded.
I was wondering, it seems like an awesome feature.
color me excited.
:)

eadwine
March 28th, 2008, 12:01 PM

OOOOO
Thanks so much for asking about this, ad those of you who responded.
I was wondering, it seems like an awesome feature.
color me excited.
:)

You are both welcome :D

WritingPrincess
April 1st, 2008, 06:22 PM

I know... These quotes don't make any sense. They aren't meant to. I discovered quite by accident that you can multi quote from different threads, if you want to. Just hit the Quote+ of each quote in different threads, then when you hit the reply button, the quote (or quotes) from the thread you are replying to will come up and in the box below, there will be a note asking if you want to include the quotes from other threads or not. Just click to include them or not. :D

I think I'll pretty much only hit the multiquote button from now on, even if I only end up quoting on person. If you hit the quote button you're automatically taken to a reply box. With multiquote it lets you wait until you're done reading the whole thread and then you hit Reply.

I like that a lot more :D

Thank you for asking this. I would never have found out about multi-quote otherwise. I love it!