PDA

View Full Version : Bad night dreams about hair - rant

HotRag
May 10th, 2009, 12:24 PM
I am dreaming a lot. Mostly nightmares.

So since starting growing hair, the nightmares changed to be nightmares about me loosing hair, or accidentally cut off or rip off chunks. Or do severe damage.

I have awful feeling afterwards, it takes some time to get that it was a nightmare, and then the feeling linger anyway.

Before this, I had as bad nightmares about other things, but now it is all about hair.

Have you also bad night dreams about your hair?

Forever_Sophie
May 10th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Not often at all, but the other night I dreamt, after getting a haircut I'm still adjusting to, that it was cut to my shoulders. Oddly, I was calmer about it in the dream than I was about the real cut I'd gotten....Was relieved to wake up and find it really wasn't so short after all!

HotRag
May 10th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Not often at all, but the other night I dreamt, after getting a haircut I'm still adjusting to, that it was cut to my shoulders. Oddly, I was calmer about it in the dream than I was about the real cut I'd gotten....Was relieved to wake up and find it really wasn't so short after all!
Yeah, the relieve when getting it was a dream, is great. But still the feeling linger for me, for some time after wakening.

Forever_Sophie
May 10th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Yeah, the relieve when getting it was a dream, is great. But still the feeling linger for me, for some time after wakening.

I know what you mean, it can leave you shaken...

Longlocks3
May 10th, 2009, 01:11 PM
I've had multiple nightmares about hair loss. When I was losing clumps of hair because of uncontrolled psoriasis I would dream about ending up bald. I've had dreams about just for no reason being bald and for a couple seconds after I woke up I really thought I was still bald. Starting the day that way can have a lasting effect on my demeanor the rest of the day.

One thing I've found is if there is something I'm super stressed about or thinking a lot about(especially before bed) I will have a nightmare about it. I've also read that nightmares may be our brain processing our thoughts from the day, so it makes sense if you think about it all day you're going to dream about it.

HotRag
May 10th, 2009, 01:35 PM
One thing I've found is if there is something I'm super stressed about or thinking a lot about(especially before bed) I will have a nightmare about it. I've also read that nightmares may be our brain processing our thoughts from the day, so it makes sense if you think about it all day you're going to dream about it.
I have found, and think, the same.

Especially if lot is going on, the most crazy dreams can be dreamt.

SHELIAANN1969
May 10th, 2009, 01:50 PM
I had a freaky dream a couple nights ago, I went to my 13 year old nephews school for some kind of Parent / Teacher Day, I had thick, heavy past Classic length hair, it was beautiful, a gorgeous color, thick, rich and just lovely.

BUT, it was the only thing covering me, I was naked! :shudder: Oh man, it was horrible, I went to the main office to find some clothes, they did find me some and even gave me some Sketchers shoes! (weird, I know)

That qualifies as a nightmare in my book! Yes, the hair was great, the nekkidness was NOT! :run:

Carolyn
May 10th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I've had those type of dreams regularly as I've been growing. I think it's because my hair is important to me and I'm thinking about it in one way or another a lot. Sometimes I have to turn on the light and make sure nothing has happened to my hair and it's often hard to go back to sleep.

Darkhorse1
May 10th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Oh, have I ever! I've had dreams where I've hacked it all off to shoulder length, or it was hacked off, or it was cut because I finally gave into social pressure and then people laughed saying 'ah hah--we got you to cut it, it looks aweful'.

I've had this my whole life. now? I had a dream not too long ago where I was at some family reunion and people were pressuring me to cut it, and I did (to shoulder length) and it looked horrid and they were like 'oh...it did look better long..', like that, oops, you did know what you were talking about, and I smiled and said 'I know, watch' and I was able to pull my hair at the ends and make it long again! Like those dolls you had as kids!! hahah. It was SO much fun.

I'm a lucid dreamer and am able to 'control' my dreams to a degree. Next time you have these dreams, see if you can gain back control. It's loads of fun!

GlennaGirl
May 10th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Rarely. But I did have one dream not very long ago where I tried to highlight my hair and ended up with almost a white-blonde color. It felt like straw and I knew it was going to break and break and break...that wasn't a good dream.

I think such dreams may or may not be about hair. They could mean we're afraid of taking new steps because we feel we'll go overboard or screw the whole thing up...something like that.

HotRag
May 10th, 2009, 10:45 PM
For a change, this night I dreamt about me sitting and talking about totally neutral stuff with my friend :D Even more neutral than the IRL conversations with her.

Fifty-Five
May 10th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I've had dreams about it. x___x They're most definitely not fun.

gnome
May 10th, 2009, 11:40 PM
i've never had these dreams :/

HOWEVER
last week my boy dreamed that i had classical length hair!

Flynn
May 11th, 2009, 01:59 AM
No... not at all, actually. My hair is always either really (pixie) short, or about the length it is now in my dreams... maybe I don't get the nightmares because I'd be just as happy chopping it all off again if something went wrong.

ravenreed
May 11th, 2009, 02:54 AM
Kind of weird, but I notice I have dreams about drastic changes to my hair when I am worried about an upcoming change in my life. It may be a different length or different color, but something like that. Strange, huh?

Anje
May 11th, 2009, 08:05 AM
I haven't had any about hair loss, but mine seems weird psychologically (or would, if I didn't have a good physical explanation).

A while ago, I dreamed that my braid was choking me.

Mind you, I woke up to find the thing around my neck. Probably a contributing factor to why I now wear sleep bonnets.

HotRag
May 11th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I dreamt about my hair getting stuck in a lamp hanging from the ceiling. A big chunk was ripped off.

Or, I accidentally slip with the scissors during S&D, chopping big big chunks off.

Or, "maybe I should cut layers to have until hair is classic - oops, what was I thinking".

Or, washing hair and loosing thousands of hairs.

This is about hair, I have lots of other bad dreams, but for now it is almost always about hair.

Carina
May 11th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I do have nightmares about losing my hair.My heart is beating like crazy when I wake up.I always touch my braid the first thing I do.I don't have them very often.Phew.

LiraelQ
May 13th, 2009, 07:17 AM
I had my first hair nightmare last night! I was brushing my hair as usual and I looked down at the brush and saw huge locks of hair in it...I shed a lot, but nothing like that. Then I looked at my scalp and a huge, square-shaped portion of it was bloody and scarring and completely bald.

I freaked out and ran to my bf's mom (still dreaming) and asked her if she knew what was going on or if she could fix it. She had no idea. So I started thinking about all these ways I could style my hair for three years while my hair grew back out...comb overs, ponytails, etc. In the end I knew I'd just have to chop it off and start again!

Ugh...those moments, when I looked down at my brush and then at my scalp...chills!