PDA

View Full Version : My hair at the party!

aprilmay
April 6th, 2008, 01:50 PM
I went to a friend's birthday party last night and my hair had two interesting encounters since I was wearing it down. First, I hugged someone and my hair got stuck in his beard. Later, I was walking past a man sitting on the floor and my hair brushed across his bald head and freaked him out. I noticed his wife had chin length hair so this was definitely an unusual experience for him. Funny how our long hair unintentionally interacts with others!

Please share your hair's adventures.:)

busnutmedic
April 6th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Lol. I haven't had any weird experiences lately, and I can't really think of any in the past. I have gotten it stuck by my own bodyweight though, or in zippers.

Bonnie

jojo
April 6th, 2008, 02:34 PM
LOL thats funny, my hairs not long enough yet to get me into scrapes but this is gross really, i took my dog out for a walk and she did a poo as i went to pick it up, there was a long hair going all the way through eeek! must have been mine as im the longest hair in my family!

told you it was gross!

aprilmay
April 6th, 2008, 02:38 PM
jojo, that is not as disgusting as it would have been if i were still attached to your head! My hair also ended up in an abandoned drink on the counter at the party!

Iylivarae
April 6th, 2008, 02:44 PM
My braid once got stuck in the chair at my dentist's. She told me to rinse my mouth and I just couldn't sit up any more... I really thought I had to cut my braid off, but fortunately I was able to untangle it after some minutes... scary experience.

aprilmay
April 6th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I have shut my hair in the car door. Earlier this week a chunk of got yanked out when I caught it on a towel hook at the pool.

Alaskanheart
April 6th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Thats pretty funny about the bald guy getting the creeps

I remember In highschool when I had long hair. That it would always get caught between the back of my chair and the front of the desk behind me.So when I would try to stand up I couldnt. If I remeber correctly I think the boy that sat behind me in History admitted that he did it on purpose because he found it amusing.

Stagecoach
April 6th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Hahaha, just today I decided to wear my hair down for church. It's the first time I've worn my hair down in quite a while because at 3" past classic, it's getting kinda difficult for me to handle.

Anyway... I was sitting inbetween my Dad and brother#5 and first, my brother went to grab the hymnal and my hair traveld with his arm... to his great distaste! Then, when we stood up to leave, my Dad reached down to pick up his Bible and my hair was puddled on top of it!

CountessDeJager
April 25th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I've been caught on a coat button before as someone squeezed behind me in a crowd. :shake: Other times I do myself in, I don't know how many times a braid got latched to velcro strips in my kindergarten classroom. :o

Druid of Alba
April 25th, 2008, 06:50 PM
When my hair was long (:'(), it actually got stuck in the persons mouth who was sitting behind me, the windows were open, my hair was streaming back, and then he opened his mouth, and in went my hair. Hehe. Good times. I don't think I'll be having any interesting hair moments for a year or so...

Druid of Alba
April 25th, 2008, 06:51 PM
And that was on a bus, by the way, if that helps explain the oddity of the situation :P.

Kiraela
April 25th, 2008, 07:36 PM
well, I was at a Nadjia show (my favorite band) when one of DBF's friends walked past and snagged my ponytail on his coat clasp hook thingie. He's another longhair (male equivalent to BSL last time I saw him) so I just looked at him and said, 'R., you have enough hair. Can I please have mine back?"

I can't really think of any other good ones at the moment.

Angellen
April 26th, 2008, 12:54 AM
How funny! When my hair was classic length, my mother used to braid it for me. I once turned too quickly and whipped a friend in the face. Ouch! Lately, though, not too much in the way of hair incidents.

tiny_teesha
April 26th, 2008, 04:36 AM
it ends up in my food or flicking someone in the face- just starting recently though!

Saranne772
April 26th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Well, I was playing wink murder at an 18th party recently and I "died" dramatically- rolling on the floor. And the family's dog came and joined in rolling on top of me and got tangled up in my hair!! LOL

Isilya
April 26th, 2008, 04:45 AM
My previous pet (a chipmunk) once was very busy stuffing my hair in her mouth and then tried to get my hair into her cage. I think she wanted to try to make nest with it :)
And my sister's puppy got hold of my braid once and started pulling, so I ended up crawling behind her because she did not want to let go.

SHELIAANN1969
April 26th, 2008, 06:53 AM
haha, the one about the "hair challenged" man made me laugh, I can imagine, he hasnt felt hair on his head so long, he didnt remember what the sensation was.....rofl here, hahaha

Patrycja
April 26th, 2008, 07:37 AM
I've had that problem with swinging my hair back when my husband was behind me in a line and it smacked him across the face.This was before my big cut after my wedding.

blue_nant
April 26th, 2008, 10:07 AM
I don't know how many times a braid got latched to velcro strips. :o

Velcro is evil. I got a great coat from work but hate a. the velcro on it that catches my hair and b. the loopy thing at the back of the neck that catches my hair.

When the weather is warm enough, I'm going to permanently "fix" that loopy thing (a plastic drawstring thing), snip snip! *evil laughter*

Fee
April 26th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I had an exam last thursday and my hair got stuck on a metal thingy (some kind of a nail) which was attached to the chair I was sitting on
,I didn't realize until it was too late :( it hurt :(

HeavenlyTresses
April 26th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I went to the store with a friend and when I took off my seatbelt some hair got sucked into the retractable part of the seatbelt. He took the whole thing apart to get me out of it though :)

Kiraela
April 26th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Oh yes, the evils of velcro... DBF has a velcro strip on our cellphone, so that he can attach it to the wall of his shop, or to the dash of the truck, so that it won't slide around. I guess he didn't think about which side should go where, though, since he put the grabby side on the phone, and the soft side on the wall. Which means I can't use the phone with my hair down!

nomadhome
April 26th, 2008, 06:59 PM
LOL thats funny, my hairs not long enough yet to get me into scrapes but this is gross really, i took my dog out for a walk and she did a poo as i went to pick it up, there was a long hair going all the way through eeek! must have been mine as im the longest hair in my family!

told you it was gross!

As gross as it is, I totally know what you mean. My dog apparently eats my hair from time to time. It's about 27 inches long and that creates uh... some pretty funny/icky problems when we walk her.

aprilmay
April 27th, 2008, 01:00 PM
When I was in elementary school, I often wore my hair in a pony braid held with elastics that had plastic balls on them. When we sat on the floor for story time, I would torment the boys behind me by swinging my head quickly back and forth and assaulting them with my weapon of a braid. I begin harassing males with my hair at an early age. lol :)