PDA

View Full Version : You curlies who CO and plop, what do you do with your hair "day 2"?

FallenAngel
May 9th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I've been CO for a while and I really like it. Have plopped a few times also, which makes my hair really curly and nice looking. That day...

When I've slept on it it looks like... a MESS! :silly: I usually brush it and leave it slightly wavy, or I just put in in a clip or something to get rid of it. I really don't know what to do with it.

How do you do? Have one nice hair day with hair loose, then put it up until next wash? Wash every day? Use some hair magick in the mornings that I've missed? Always wear it up anyway?

I'm not a long hair yet, and I like to wear my hair loose and wavy/curly now when it's fairly short. Maybe I'll always like it, I don't know. Anyway - I don't want to wash every day, but it's boring to have a hair that's just a total mess most of the time also. Any advice?

swirlytresses
May 9th, 2009, 02:46 PM
If I'm not going to wear my hair up the next day, I will put my hair in a hight ponytail (pineapple) and because my hair is long, I will pile it on my head and secure with small/medium sized claws. If your hair is shorter, you can just do the high ponytail (loosely) with a scrunchie. I will then spritz my hair (if needed) with a aloe vera/water mix, scrunch, air dry and go. Sometimes I will use a spray gel instead. Hope this helps. :)

Heidi_234
May 9th, 2009, 03:52 PM
I don't plop for curls, but I get nice ones by doing a rope braid and very swirled cinnabun. So to keep it as good as on day 1 I just ropebraid/cinnabun it for the night. The curls are getting better by each day actually. You can it in action if you befriend me, I have this length shot (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1927&pictureid=24417), which is my cork screw curls on day 7 or so.
If you air dry it in a braid, braiding for the night makes it good for day 2 as well. So all in all, the way you air dry it, that's the way you need to keep it for the night if you want to save the curls to day 2 (unless you air dry it just down, then it's another story...).

misstwist
May 9th, 2009, 04:34 PM
At your length and until about shoulder I always just spritzed with Bioterra's leave-in conditioner cut by about half with water then scrunched away. At shorter lengths I have type 3 curls and this worked very well.

Flynn
May 9th, 2009, 04:59 PM
What is "plop"?

Hannah83
May 9th, 2009, 05:02 PM
What is "plop"?

I think this is what they men:
http://www.jessicurl.com/Demo-Videos-p-6.html :)

Hannah83
May 9th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I think this is what they men:
http://www.jessicurl.com/Demo-Videos-p-6.html :)

Oh, i forgot, you scroll down to "Plunking" that is the right video. :)

Flynn
May 9th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Aah, I see. Clever!

If it helps at all, on non-washing days, by boyfriend (who has really lovely ringlets XD ) just wets down the lower half of his hair and lets it air-dry (which is all he ever does, anyway). He combs wet (his hair seems a lot tougher than mine!) but you could comb dry and then re-wet, surely...?

FallenAngel
May 10th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Thanks for replying!

My hair is too short to braid now (bairly shoulder, with layers), but I'll definitly try that when it's longer. I'm not THAT curly, I'm more wavy, so I'm suspecting that I won't get so much effect from plopping anyway when it's longer.

I'll try the leave-in spray and wetting variants and and see if that works for me.

Thanks again!

Furiana
May 10th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Has anyone mentioned the "pineapple" yet? It gives me second day hair and third day hair and fourth......

(A pineapple is basically a ponytail at the top of the head, made without combing the hair first. Personally, I just lean back, gather my hair, and loosely secure with a scrunchie. http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=51891 )

ETA: Other days I mist my hair, smooth my hands over the canopy like I'm applying oil, and scrunch. The smoothing motion helps with frizz; the scrunching brings back the wave/wurl.

elliebean184
May 10th, 2009, 09:39 PM
My hair's long enough to braid at night, so I do that loosely (it holds without a scrunchie) and I can wear it half-up/half-down for a three or four days after a wash at least. If my wispies are having a rough day I'll spritz them with water and a little leave-in conditioner. That usually solves the problem for me!

jezebel17
May 10th, 2009, 10:07 PM
I usually just wear my hair in a ponytail, or half up on the 2nd day, because it gets really messy while I sleep (even though I sleep with a bun).If I want to wear it out the 2nd day I wash with water only and comb (while wet) to get the bed head tangles out.I should try the pinapple and see if it works for me.