PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Teesha's 2 year LHC anniversary! *photos*

tiny_teesha
May 9th, 2009, 07:57 AM
That's right folks!
I'll make this brief because i'm tired, it actually was yesterday, but i was busy and it's nearly midnight now! I'll try not to go picture heavy on you guys!
Basically i had healthy thigh length virgin hair as a 7 year old, chopped it and reached hip, then i decided to mess with it frying, dyeing layering it into oblivion. Yes, bleach too. So in Jan 2006 i dyed it for the last time. Since then i've cared for it well, i joined LHC in May 2007.

Alright, i began with this first length shot in September 2007:
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/tiny_teesha/My%20Hair/hairlengthsept.jpg

And then this in 2008: (September)
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/tiny_teesha/My%20Hair/setp15.jpg

I maintained waist length for about 7 months i think, and then slowly chopped it back up to BSL in January from the lack of improvement i personally saw.
(poofy)
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/tiny_teesha/My%20Hair/Jan2009_naturalwave.jpg
(night after wash)
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/tiny_teesha/My%20Hair/jan_08_braid.jpg
(my braid is thicker then it used to be i think!)

And now 2009: (just taken today) (it is waist when pulled straight, the angle cheated the length to seem longer, its about an inch or 2 from waist when wavy.
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/tiny_teesha/My%20Hair/hair%202/May2lhc_2.jpg
overcast with flash, true length when wavy.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/tiny_teesha/My%20Hair/hair%202/May2lhc_3.jpg
SHINE

( i took these by pegging my camera to the clothes line hence the wobbly diagonal view)

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/tiny_teesha/My%20Hair/hair%202/May2lhc_5.jpg
probably a more accurate description of my hair colour when not in full sun.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/tiny_teesha/My%20Hair/hair%202/May2lhc_7.jpg
fanning out

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/tiny_teesha/My%20Hair/hair%202/May2lhc_8.jpg
Looking V but it is really a U shape hem!

Tilting my head back at HIP, i want my hair as long as my shirt! (TB!)
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/tiny_teesha/My%20Hair/hair%202/May2lhc_4.jpg

Ofcourse check out my albums for monthly pictures and such, I'll admit now i kind of cheated putting mostly photos up with a dark top. My ends are see through on lighter tops really!

I am dissapointed with the amount of visual progress, in real life the progress it feels better- as in healthier, but NOT thicker. I decided this week to chop my hair to APL, but since these photos am actually thinking not too (as the photos turned out so well!).*rolleyes* An eternal battle i've had!

I just want to say thanks, thanks to the forum, the moderators and creators (Steph you're a genius), as well as the many many incredibly patient and kind friends i've made on the boards! There are too many to name. And especially those hair idols ofcourse which inspire me to keep on keeping on through the long and thin! *wink* (pun intended and also possibly entirely made up!)

ONWARDS I GROW!

Firefly
May 9th, 2009, 07:59 AM
:cheer: You've made such great progress, Teesha! Your hair is looking gorgeous. Congrats!

Forever_Sophie
May 9th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Look at you!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, former-hair-twin-before-I-got-a-V-hemline! Your pics are total inspiration for me :) Beautiful hair, nice work, Teesha :D So healthy and shiny!

EdG
May 9th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Congratulations on two years, Teesha! You have very beautiful hair. :)
Ed

Arctic
May 9th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Congratulations! I think you hair is looking very good these days!

Dientje
May 9th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Congratulations on your 2-years LHC! I do think your hair has improved, it looks very shiny and healthy. Keep-em growing girl!

Mary <><
May 9th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Congrats! Lovely!

paper
May 9th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Happy Anniversary! :flowers:

Your hair is beautiful, great progress! :thumbsup:

rags
May 9th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Happy Anniversary!

I think your hair looks beautiful - very shiny and healthy looking! Congratulations!

BlndeInDisguise
May 9th, 2009, 09:20 AM
You've made some great progress! Your hair looks shiny and healthy. :)

patience
May 9th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Congratulations! Happy Anniversary!

It looks beautiful!

Ranee
May 9th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I think it would be such a shame to cut back to apl. If you look at the first picture from sept 07 and the last from may 09 you've really made good progress as well in thickness and in lenght in barely two years. It would be a pity to give up now. It's up to you of course but I think your hair looks great, frizz-free and shiny!

Iylivarae
May 9th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Beautiful!

mellie
May 9th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Wow!! What nice length, TinaTeesha!! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!!! :cheer:

Gutterfayrie
May 9th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Great progress!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your hair looks beautiful!

rhubarbarin
May 9th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Happy Anniversary Teesha! Your hair looks lovely.

(I don't think you should cut to APL. It looks nice as is.)

LittleOrca
May 9th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Looking good! Grats! :D

serious
May 9th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Beautiful hair!
Congratulations!:)

tiny_teesha
May 9th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Firefly - thank you! I'm glad the progress is noticable. I also love your hair in all it's 2 toned glory (that just makes it more cool!)
Forever_Sophie - Why thank you! I'm touched that i inspire you! the ends aren't healthy but APL up sure is! (I love you hair it is much thicker and sleeker then mine, its beautiful)
EdG - Wow, comming from you that is such a massive compliment! Thank you! You hair is so long and mystical looking, it's truley amazing!
Arctic - Thank you so much! I think i need to remind myself where i came from to truely appreciate my hair, i'm always bashing it down. I love your rah rah red hair colour!
Dientje - Thank you, your hair is very shiny also and i love the honey colour!
Mary <>< - Thanks a bunch!
paper - Thank you! :)
rags - Thank you, it is very shiney, i should add i did a cassia mask just last week so the shine is a little more then usual.
BlndeInDisguise - Thank you very much, you also have lovely, long, dreamy hair.
Patience - Thanks!
Ranee - My hair is very frizzy post wash actually! Those photos were a day after wash when the hair becomes more sleek and thinner looking. I do think it might be a waste to cut up to APL but then on the plus side i'll experience short hair for the first time in over 15 years, and i'll also get out allthe bleached over hennad stiff yucky splity ends! *ponders* But it's glad to see that my hair is getting better and perhaps some patience is in order. Your hair is looking really flawless also!
Iylivarae - Thanks!
Mellie - Thank you, i prefer waist on me, but BSl looks much healthier. We'll see how it turns out. I've always admired the shine in your hair!
Gutterfayrie - Thanks a lot!
rhubarbarin - I had decided and was so sure the next day i hated my hair i would chop it, that day hasn't yet come....but i am getting the panicy backing out feeling i always do!
LittleOrca - Thank you! How's that tail going?
Serious - Thank you so much! I love the glossy shine and soft appearance of your hair!

JamieLeigh
May 9th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Your hair looks fantastic! It's looking so thick and shiny. :D

Congratulations on your anniversary!! :flower:

MsBubbles
May 9th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Congrats on your 2 year anniversary! You've made a lot of progress and I think your hair looks lovely. One thing that stops me from chopping a lot off at once is thinking about what somebody (Nightshade, possibly?) wrote about how a trimmed hair is more susceptible to further splitting, since it's at the end of the shaft. I like this theory. So might as well only trim a little bit off, if you're doing it to get rid of damage. But anyway, I don't see damage in your pics.

Ndnlady
May 9th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Congrats! Your hair is beautiful!:)

Tangles
May 9th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I see a lot of thickening :thumbsup:

SheWolf
May 9th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Now that's inspiration, way to go!! :cheer:

tiny_teesha
May 9th, 2009, 09:04 PM
JamieLeigh - Thank you but it is anything but thick! haha. It's the illusion a dark top does I'll admit it!
MsBubbles - Thank you, but i have still non virgin hair APL down and it's a split fest there. I understand that the very ends are more suseptable to damage, and i did do a 1cm trim just last week. I'll probably grow to waist and maintain until all the muck is out and then aim for hip, maintain, then TB and maintain. Your hair is very lovely in your avatar! It looks so soft- but that's fine hair for you! There is damage! I assure you! haha. The last 16cm of my hair are stiff as a board!
Ndnlady - thank you, you are so kind!
Tangles - *YAY* I don't see a "lot" but maybe a tinnnnny bit. It actually looks thinner then the ollld pictures to me!
SheWolf - I'm so touched that i inspire some people! I have many long hairs here that inspire me, it's truely touching. Thank you!

Ash
May 9th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Great progress you have there :) Your hair looks awesome!

Lixie
May 9th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Happy anniversary, your hair is gorgeous! You've made some really great progress, I'm sure it'll look lovely at TB. :flowers:

tiny_teesha
May 9th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Ash - Thank you, especially comming from your glass-shinny deep-red hair!

tiny_teesha
May 9th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Lixie - thank you, i hope so too!

Picknickerin
May 9th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair looks so beautiful and healthy.:disco:

ilovelonghair
May 9th, 2009, 11:02 PM
It looks very healthy and shiny! Beautiful!

melrose1985
May 9th, 2009, 11:16 PM
WOOT! Looks great. really healthy and shiny.

DecafJane
May 9th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I would not chop your hair now - it is gorgeous!!! Congratulations on your growth and healthy hair. :)

tiny_teesha
May 9th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Wow, thanks a heap guys, you are fillin gmy head, haha. My ego is enormous! I am overwhelmed by the warm compliments from you guys, thanks to each and every one of you!

Picknickerin - i could say the same to you! Thank you!
ilovelonghair - That's lovely to hear, thank you, i also lover your hair so much!
melrose1985 - I always thing my hair pales in comparison to most here at LHC, but that's really a nice thing to say!
DecafJane - Thank you! I don't think i'm going to anymore after this outcry! haha. Your hair looks much longer! WOW!

SimplyLonghair
May 10th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Tiny Teesha, your hair looks so healthy and beautiful! Way to grow! :thumbsup::cheese::cheese::cheese:

Flynn
May 10th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Yay! Happy anniversary!

... Can I swap hair with you? >_o

Morningglory
May 10th, 2009, 01:08 AM
:inlove: I just don't think I could ever possibly say enough how beautiful your hair is Teesha! It looks fantastic, healthy, long and very, very pretty. I love your color and shine. Your ends look full and healthy and you are at "can I call it waist"almost there!!!

When you tilt your head back you can see how the same hair will look great at hip or even TB length! No, you do not need a big chop!
KEEP GROWING!!!!!!:flower:

jera
May 10th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Congrats on your second anniversary. Your hair looks so healthy and beautiful. You're an inspiration to the rest of us.

:cheese::cheese:

AprilElf
May 10th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Happy Anniversary, teesha! :cheer: Very nice progress.
Looking forward to seeing you go to greater lengths in the next two years! ;)

Poppy Seed
May 10th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Definitely no need to chop, you're hair is a beautiful colour and in lovely condition. It will thicken up at the ends with continued good care too (if you *must* chop, do it in very tiny monthly increments to thicken up the hem as others here have done).

drquartz1970
May 10th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Congratulations on the great progress you have made in only 20 months! Hair is looking heaps better compared with the September '07 pic.

Denebi
May 10th, 2009, 02:30 AM
Please don't cut! Your hair looks wonderful, healthy and shiny and the length is great. I'm sure, you will get rid of the damage sooner or later, but there is really no need to rush.

Keep going! :cheer:

Rini
May 10th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Hi Teesha :waving: Well done! Your hair DOES look healthier I think and I really hope you decide to persevere with it :inlove: Go Aussie Go!!!

hennaphile
May 10th, 2009, 02:34 AM
PRETTY!!!! And what fantastic growth!! *high five* :D:D:D

lynnala
May 10th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Wow Teesha, your hair is really beautiful and shiny! Congrats on your anniversary and your gorgeous hair!

DavidN
May 10th, 2009, 03:15 AM
Congratulations, Tiny Teesha, on your 2 year LHC anniversary, and here's to many more years in our community!

Your hair is looking wonderful these days, filled with shine, and you have made great progress since you joined. Also, it is definitely thicker as well.

tiny_teesha
May 10th, 2009, 03:30 AM
SimplyLonghair - Thank you! Thanks for all the dancing cheeses lol!

Flynn - Thank you! Haha, SURE! ANY TIME!

MG - wow...thank you! Alright, you've won me over, i wont chop! haha....You're too too kind!!!

Jera - An inspiration? Wow, thank you!

AprilElf - Thank you! I hope so too, i hope to reach my goal by then!

Poppy Seed - Thanks for the advice, i think now i'll grow to waist and maintain like my modified plan was. :)

drquartz1970 - thank you, 20 months, wow, never looked at it like that!

Denebi - haha, alright! :)

Rini - It helps to hear from others, i guess since i'm around my hair 24/7 i don't see so much of a difference? Yes, Aussies rule!

hennaphile - *high five!* haha, thanks!

lynnala - Thank you.

DavidN - Thank you David! I hope to stick around here for at least another decade! Definately my hair feels a LOT better then from the end of 2005!!! That's for sure! :)
Your hair is getting longer too David!

Liluri
May 10th, 2009, 04:22 AM
Congratulations on the anniversary and the great progress :)

tiny_teesha
May 10th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Liluri - thank you fellow Aussie! :)

eresh
May 10th, 2009, 07:25 AM
I am dissapointed with the amount of visual progress, in real life the progress it feels better- as in healthier, but NOT thicker. I decided this week to chop my hair to APL, but since these photos am actually thinking not too (as the photos turned out so well!).*rolleyes* An eternal battle i've had!

Nooooo don't be disappointed! I see so much visual progress!
Very lovely shiny hair ... tailbonelength, here you come!

LutraLutra
May 10th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Great growing :cheer: your hair looks fab. :)

jojo
May 10th, 2009, 05:59 PM
You have come a long way, I love the colour, texture, length heck whats not to like about it, its stunning!

Well done!!

tiny_teesha
May 10th, 2009, 11:57 PM
eresh - haha, I'll try to see what you see, but i guess i'm my own worst critic.
LutraLutra - Thank you!
jojo - Hey you! I think the tapering is what is not to like, haha. Thank you though. It drives me nuts how the top is C and the bottom if F *rolls eyes* haha. :) But i'll learn to deal! I have no other choice really.

Flynn
May 11th, 2009, 12:13 AM
(C and F ?)

Redheaded Raven
May 11th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Happy Anniversary! :cheese::cheese::cheese:
Congratulations on two years, Teesha

Robbi Dehlinger
May 11th, 2009, 12:25 AM
So nice! Keep it up (The good hair care, not the hair:))

chotee
May 11th, 2009, 02:42 AM
Your hair looks very healthy now with a lot of shine, Tinyteesha. Well done! Soon your hair will be where you want it to be....:smile:

Chrissy
May 11th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Congrats! I'm glad you didn't cut back. Your hair looks great!

Garnet66
May 11th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Congrats on your anniversary!:flower:

KajiKodomo
May 11th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Congrats! Your hair is beautiful! :D

lapushka
May 11th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Happy 2-year anniversary! It looks great!

Rhea
May 11th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Congratulations to you for two years , TinyTeesha ! You have very beautiful hair . :)

tiny_teesha
May 12th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Flynn - coarse and fine, you'll get used to the LHC lingo soon enough! :)
Redheaded Raven - Thank you! I know 2 years sound like a long time, and it was! But they were FUN years i can't imagine life without the LHC! I'm an addict at heart!
Robbi Dehlinger - HAHA! I do remember doing the wear hair up for a year thread, having created the wear hair up for a month thread. And lately i have worn it down, which i'm enjoying, but today i made 3 forks so hopefully that is inspiration to wear it up more! My ends need it!
chotee - i hope so! Thank you. Advantages of dark hair and flash = shine
Chrissy - Thank you. Me too in a way, my sister just cut her hair today, it looks ok. made me think about it some more though.
Garnett66 - Thank you!
KajiKomodo - Thank you very much! :flower:
lapushka - thank you, i really like the sound of your username :) It sounds so pretty. And russian?
Rhea - Thank you. Rheas are beautiful birds, or is username in referrence to the greek God?

Juanita
May 12th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Teesha your hair is looking lovely. Congratulations

tiny_teesha
May 13th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Juanita - thank you. My sister just got her hair cut, now i want to cut mine too - again. I can never make up my mind! haha

Robinlyn
May 13th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Happy Anniversary, your hair is so beautiful!

tiny_teesha
May 14th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Robinlyn - thank you. So is yours!

janeytilllie
May 14th, 2009, 04:35 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair looks stunnnig :thud:
and has made wonderful progress! :cheer:

tiny_teesha
May 14th, 2009, 04:52 AM
janeytilllie - thank you, love your knew avatar btw!

janeytilllie
May 14th, 2009, 04:01 PM
janeytilllie - thank you, love your knew avatar btw!

Thank you! :flowers:

tiny_teesha
May 14th, 2009, 05:34 PM
You're welcome, i just wish i could spell "new" properly ;)

tiny_teesha
May 22nd, 2009, 08:14 AM
Sorry guys...i caved...i chopped!
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/tiny_teesha/My&#37;20Hair/hair%202/May2lhc_6.jpg
before

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc139/tiny_teesha/My%20Hair/May22_1.jpg
after

SharkDisco
June 25th, 2009, 11:22 PM
I'm sorry you had to chop, but your ends look so nice now.. and I'm sure they feel a heck of a lot better! From what I can see, your hair is almost exactly like mine in terms of colour, thickness and texture, so after seeing your progress pictures I feel a lot more hopeful about one day attaining shiny, beautiful hair = )

jessie58
June 25th, 2009, 11:25 PM
TT, your hair is lovely, chopping is great for a new growing out period. It will be longer in no time.

pdy2kn6
June 25th, 2009, 11:43 PM
looking really great, youve made some amazing progress. keep it up:)

GlassEyes
June 25th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Even the chop looks nice, and you probably gained some thickness from it. So it's not a losing situation! :D

hennaphile
June 26th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Happy aniversary!! You MUST go on a nice honeymoon to show off that fabulously growing hair :D

patissegrietje
June 26th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Teesha! belated congratulations on your 2 year anniversary, i thought you hair looked good in the first series of pictures, but i can imagine the ends feel great after cutting back.
I'll check your pictures every now and then to see your progress :)
:flowers:

Aditi
June 26th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary :cheese: your hair looks gorgeous.

Shermie Girl
June 26th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Happy Anniversary, Teesha. :flower: Have you been here two years, already?!? :D

Your hair looks terrific. And, with your big trim, it looks even "healthier" and it will be even lovelier as it grows, again.

I had to laugh at you pinning your camera to your clothesline to take a picture of your hair. Too funny, as well as creative. :lol:

DecafJane
June 26th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Well done. :)

tiny_teesha
June 26th, 2009, 02:25 AM
SharkDisco - They do feel better! Ah another hair twin! Welcome to the boards! I'm glad i inspired you!

jessie 58- It's been a month, there has been a 1cm growth! YAY. But i microtrimmed because i have terrible cutting skills as you can see so the right side was a bit longer, not anymore!

pdy2kn6- thank you, I'll try to "keep it up"! I wear it loose too much, i know that's not what you meant :P

GlassEyes- i hope not!

Hennaphile - Thanks! LOL, A honeymoon eh? Where shall i go?!

Patissegrietje - The ends do feel better and fuller. Thank you! Nice to know i have a dedicated "follower" lol.

Aditi - thank you!

Shermie Girl - Yup! Thank you, I know...i should add my creative desperate attempt at photographing my hair to the "you know you are a long hair" thread. LOL! I'm glad i made you laugh!! :)

DecafJane- Thank you, i must say your hair has grown! We are probably the same length right now!

maaria
June 26th, 2009, 02:38 AM
Lovely hair ;)

tiny_teesha
June 26th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Thank you Maaria! :)

Ryanne
June 26th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Happy Anniversary! The chop looks nice.

30isthenewblack
June 26th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Congratulations on your two year anniversary! It's been lovely getting to know you over the past year I've been a member and I'm looking forward to meeting you in November when I go to Melbourne! I agree with everyone else that your hair has thickened up and it's looking lovely! No more huge chops for you. Grow to waist, maintain and see how you feel from there :smile:

RavennaNight
June 26th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Nice progress! Your hair looks really pretty!:) Happy Anniversary.

swanns
June 26th, 2009, 12:30 PM
It's looking so good Teesha! I can't believe you were so brave as to cut it back to BSL to get rid of the damaged parts, I could not do that! Kudos to you :)

birdiefu
June 26th, 2009, 01:17 PM
It's good to see your hair getting lovelier over these 2 years! Even with your chop your hair still looks delightful. :)

tiny_teesha
June 27th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Ryanne - thank you!
30isthenewblack - Thank you! Ditto, you've made an excellent new friend to me! Can't wait to catch up too! Thank you. I'll try this last time! On to waist i go (again)! WOOT!
RavennaNight - thank you
swanns - you'd be surprised if you had that much damage and put up with it for 3 whole years!!!!! :)
birdiefu - thank you. I will admit i am loveing the health of it!