PDA

View Full Version : Interesting articles from Elle magazine

jessie58
May 9th, 2009, 04:33 AM
This one is about using beer for shine and other natural products on your hair. Photo of Catherine Zeta Jones gorgeous hair.
http://www.elle.com/Beauty/Hair/Beauty-Tip-Natural-Hair-Shine

This one shows photos of female celebrities with short and long hair and also different colors throughout their careers.
http://www.elle.com/Beauty/Hair/Celebrity-Hair-Transformations

Here is a video of New Yorkers on the street talking about their worst hair styles.
http://www.elle.com/Beauty/Hair/Check-out-ELLE.com-for-hairstyle-advice-on-the-worst-haircuts-Get-hairstyle-tips-from-NYC-women-too

Celebrities who have recently cut their hair. I think that Kiera Knightly is the only one who actually looks good with short hair. I prefer long on all the rest of them. No wait, Halle Berry is gorgeous both ways.
http://www.elle.com/Beauty/Hair/Celebrities-Who-Made-the-Cut

Megan Fox has gorgeous hair here:
http://www.elle.com/Entertainment/Cover-Shoots/Video-Megan-Fox

florenonite
May 9th, 2009, 05:02 AM
The first one mentions using vinegar! I wonder if they use ACV or just regular vinegar ...

GlassEyes
May 9th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Well, you can use either, I guess. Both have a high acid content, right?

I think ACV is more beneficial because it contains 'the mother' in it, i.e., the apple...now if I can only remember WHO I got that term from... xD;

...another question, why am I in this thread? xD;

jessie58
May 9th, 2009, 05:08 AM
The first one mentions using vinegar! I wonder if they use ACV or just regular vinegar ...

I'm not sure, we certainly seem to have a mixture of both type of vinegar users here.

jessie58
May 9th, 2009, 05:09 AM

I think ACV is more beneficial because it contains 'the mother' in it, i.e., the apple...now if I can only remember WHO I got that term from... xD;

Well I watched your My Little Pony link so you can look at my links. :silly:

florenonite
May 9th, 2009, 05:11 AM

Because you like reading women's magazines? :p Hey, they've got useful hair tips (when they're not telling you to fry your hair and load it with 'cones regardless of whether or not your hair likes 'cones :p)

I'm not sure, we certainly seem to have a mixture of both type of vinegar users here.

Yeah, we do. I just think using ACV is a bit less common, which is why I was wondering. It also smells nicer :p

mellie
May 9th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Great links!

I liked the one where you could vote on whether you liked the celebrities' hair long or short! It is interesting how Keira Knightly looks better with short hair. At least in those pics, anyway. I thought she looked really pretty with long hair in the Pirates of the Caribbean though!

Catherine Zeta-Jones is such a cutie in that pic! I love her look. She is so pretty and sweet looking.

Megan Fox has utterly gorgeous hair and is just amazingly beautiful and sexy. Sheesh. I want some of those genes!!!

florenonite
May 9th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Great links!

I liked the one where you could vote on whether you liked the celebrities' hair long or short! It is interesting how Keira Knightly looks better with short hair. At least in those pics, anyway. I thought she looked really pretty with long hair in the Pirates of the Caribbean though!

Catherine Zeta-Jones is such a cutie in that pic! I love her look. She is so pretty and sweet looking.

Megan Fox has utterly gorgeous hair and is just amazingly beautiful and sexy. Sheesh. I want some of those genes!!!

I think Keira Knightley looks good long or short, but I didn't particularly like the long one they'd chosen. She looks much better in Pirates or King Arthur, IMO.

mugglemomof3
May 9th, 2009, 06:06 AM
OK. To mee, Rhiana's hair isn't "short" -- it's just in an updo! Some beauty editors they are if they can't even tell the difference?!!!

I don't get Drew's long picture. It looks short and like there's some other lady standing off in the distance behind her with long hair. Maybe I just need glasses.

GlassEyes
May 9th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Because you like reading women's magazines? :p Hey, they've got useful hair tips (when they're not telling you to fry your hair and load it with 'cones regardless of whether or not your hair likes 'cones :p)

Yeah, we do. I just think using ACV is:p a bit less common, which is why I was wondering. It also smells nicer

ACtually, they can be rather amusing. My friend's mom collects them and never throws them away, so she has like, cosmo and vogue from the 1980's. It's fun to torment both her and her daughter by reading the articles aloud.

But beyond that, the things scare the CRAP out of me. shudder:

florenonite
May 9th, 2009, 12:30 PM
ACtually, they can be rather amusing. My friend's mom collects them and never throws them away, so she has like, cosmo and vogue from the 1980's. It's fun to torment both her and her daughter by reading the articles aloud.

But beyond that, the things scare the CRAP out of me. shudder:

I love '80s hairstyles! Morrissey's quiff, the big perms, they're brilliant! I would so read '80s magazines just for the hair :p

enfys
May 10th, 2009, 12:12 PM
OK. To mee, Rhiana's hair isn't "short" -- it's just in an updo! Some beauty editors they are if they can't even tell the difference?!!!

I don't get Drew's long picture. It looks short and like there's some other lady standing off in the distance behind her with long hair. Maybe I just need glasses.

I'm pretty sure her hair is short there; if you look above her ears. She has that funny short hair where they forgot to do the top, only the sides and back. I think they call it "trendy". Pah!

florenonite
May 10th, 2009, 12:15 PM
I'm pretty sure her hair is short there; if you look above her ears. She has that funny short hair where they forgot to do the top, only the sides and back. I think they call it "trendy". Pah!

Haha, great description of it!