PDA

View Full Version : Are you at TB+ or classic with fairytail ends?

Heavenly Locks
May 9th, 2009, 02:56 AM
If you are, could you please post a photo or point me toward your album? :)

I would love to see some hair-spirational photos of this length with fairy tail ends. I am trying to decide what type of hemline I like best and fairytails are calling me!

Thanks to anyone who shares!

Nini
May 9th, 2009, 03:06 AM
I am:) There's a pic in my latest blog entry, and I think there's a couple in one of my albums too.

Nini

embee
May 9th, 2009, 04:58 AM
I am. The only picture is one rags took of me. It's in Community Meets Reports, Two people at a singing. My hair had been up in a bun all day, and was not combed out for the pic, I simply removed the fork.

My experience with fairytale ends is that they are easier to put up into a bun. When I had a blunt cut the ends stuck out like the bristles on a paint brush and I could *not* get them to lie in with the rest of the hair. Since I wear my hair up every day of the world, this is the right hemline for me! ;)

your mileage may vary....

zift
May 9th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Hi Heavenly Locks,
I think it's better to experience on your own hair to see if you'd like blunt ends or fairytail when you're that long. And considering very few people can have blunt ends at that length you might want to accept the fairytails anyway. I suggest you be patient a couple of more years and you'll get the perfect inspiration:)

janeytilllie
May 9th, 2009, 06:34 AM
I think I am TB or nearly there, in not sure? But I will post a picture of my fairytale ends :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=37432&albumid=2296&dl=1240435717&thumb=1

AprilElf
May 9th, 2009, 07:07 AM
I've had fairytale ends since ... forever, it seems like. ;)

Here are some pics from my time at LHC:
Half-up (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1773&pictureid=29414)
Length shot (http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn253/AprilElf/Misc%20LHC/riascondish2.jpg)
Progression (http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn253/AprilElf/Misc%20LHC/progression.jpg)

Heavenly Locks
May 9th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Wow...(for all of you ladies)

There isn't a thudpile big enough!

Thank you so much for sharing your photos with me. I am definitely inspired! :D

Xandergrammy
May 9th, 2009, 07:46 AM
I just sent you a friend request so you can see my blog. I have a ton of pictures in there. I also have pictures in my photo albums and I have a pretty good profile pic that shows my ends pretty well.

mira-chan
May 9th, 2009, 07:49 AM
My current signature is an example ( a week after wash too), so is my profile picture ( day of wash).

Raederle
May 9th, 2009, 08:45 AM
I guess I have fairytale ends, or, at the least, untrimmed for nearly 3 years ends. Here's a clickable, taken in January.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l313/fanofpi/th_P1180451.jpg (http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l313/fanofpi/?action=view&current=P1180451.jpg)

Torrin Paige
May 9th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I am past tail bone, but not at classic yet. I am currently rocking blunt ends because my hubby trims my hair and straight across is easiest for him. I may go the fairytale route once I get a bit longer as I simply love the romantic look of it.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h278/torrinpaige/SANY0101-1.jpg

gmdiaz
May 9th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Mine is bit below tailbone. . .not at classic YET. . .with slightly u-shaped cut. The ends are already a little bit fairytail.

I am hoping I can get to classic, hold it steady there for a year or so, with a slightly u-shaped cut.

And then let it go to terminal with fairytail ends. . .however long that ends up being.

Here's a pic took just a day or so ago: Half-up in barette

http://www.splynda.com/Yellowrose/Jaspy_Boomer/Thai-Turquoise_050709.jpg

patience
May 9th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Not the best of pictures, but there are a couple in my album. I think you're just going to have to grow it out yourself and see what you like on you.

Xandergrammy
May 9th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Mine is bit below tailbone. . .not at classic YET. . .with slightly u-shaped cut. The ends are already a little bit fairytail.

I am hoping I can get to classic, hold it steady there for a year or so, with a slightly u-shaped cut.

And then let it go to terminal with fairytail ends. . .however long that ends up being.

Here's a pic took just a day or so ago: Half-up in barette

http://www.splynda.com/Yellowrose/Jaspy_Boomer/Thai-Turquoise_050709.jpg

Ooooooh!! I love your hair and I love that barrette!! :flowers:

AmyJorgensen
May 9th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I think this is "approaching" tailbone maybe? I've had it a little longer and it looked just the same, but I don't have any pictures from that time period. I have a fairly blunt hemline with not much taper.

Iylivarae
May 9th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I also haven't cut my hemline for 2 years, so I suppose my hair has fairytale endings, too. My hair is some centimeters longer than TB, but it doesn't look like that on pictures, because it is wavy most of the time.

spidermom
May 9th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I'm between tailbone and classic and have not had a trim in 9 months, so this is as close to fairy tale ends as I have ever been.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/Apr2009.jpg

Ndnlady
May 9th, 2009, 03:23 PM
I haven't trimmed in over a year now, only a small-micro trim a few months ago. There is a pic of my fairytale ends in my album here:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1315&pictureid=34905

enfys
May 10th, 2009, 11:48 AM
I know this sounds silly, but can you maintain fairytale ends? As in, say you wanted tailbone length with fairytale ends, but you have a longer terminal so you don't taper much, even if you got fairytale ends by not trimming for a couple of years you couldn't then maintain them. Is there a devised trimming method to mimic them.

I couldn't wear fairytale ends myself; nice to look at but I like a meaty, fat braid myself haha.

spidermom
May 10th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I know this sounds silly, but can you maintain fairytale ends? As in, say you wanted tailbone length with fairytale ends, but you have a longer terminal so you don't taper much, even if you got fairytale ends by not trimming for a couple of years you couldn't then maintain them. Is there a devised trimming method to mimic them.

I couldn't wear fairytale ends myself; nice to look at but I like a meaty, fat braid myself haha.

If I were trying to maintain fairytale ends, I would section my hair off in 1/2-1 inch wide pieces all around my head, twist each section at the end, and snip off the longest hairs. I really like the look of a U-hem more than fairytale ends, though.

HotRag
May 10th, 2009, 12:18 PM
I know this sounds silly, but can you maintain fairytale ends?
If one loves S&D-ing :)

The left in my sig-pic (from 1996) is mostly S&D-ed. It grew out from APL-length with layers, and I mostly did S&Ds, didn't want to loose length just to get more blunt hemline.

You can see bigger version of that 1996 pic, in my albums.

Kleis
May 10th, 2009, 12:34 PM
A little past Classic with fairytale ends right here! And yes, you maintain fairytale ends by split-end trimming instead of hemline trimming.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/canyonwren/lengthjan09.jpg

getoffmyskittle
May 10th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Um, hi? :waving:

ETA: I'm not sure if I have any length shots at my current length in my albums. Might have to fix that!

HairColoredHair
May 10th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Yeah.... I think all my photos are TB+.... I like my profile pic best, but yeah, feel free.

I think the problem for me to 'maintain' is that my fairytales are moving down, so if I were constantly trimming to maintain a hemline I'd lose the tales.

winter
May 10th, 2009, 12:51 PM
I am :) Just pop to my blog, lots of pics there of my fairy tail ends.

enfys
May 10th, 2009, 12:58 PM
If I were trying to maintain fairytale ends, I would section my hair off in 1/2-1 inch wide pieces all around my head, twist each section at the end, and snip off the longest hairs. I really like the look of a U-hem more than fairytale ends, though.

Yes, that's more like what I was thinking.

I know you can S&D to maintain the quality of the hair, but you can't really maintain a certain length and fairytale ends, right? Like if someone wanted shoulder length hair with fairytale ends?

It's a bit like Haircolourdedhair's problem.

Kleis
May 10th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Yes, that's more like what I was thinking.

I know you can S&D to maintain the quality of the hair, but you can't really maintain a certain length and fairytale ends, right? Like if someone wanted shoulder length hair with fairytale ends?

It's a bit like Haircolourdedhair's problem.

I think there's a difference in definition here. I see true fairytale ends to be those ends that are tapering away significantly due to nearing terminal length. Other people see fairytale ends as ends that haven't been trimmed in a while and therefore are not blunt. I see them as different things. For example, compare Mira-Chan or EdG to Spidermom.

For people like me, who are very near if not at terminal, maintaining fairytale ends IS about keeping them healthy and damage-free. They're not going to get significantly longer no matter what we do. If you want to keep a non-blunt edge for hair that has a lot of growth potential left, then well...not cutting is the only thing that comes to mind. Back to S&D. :shrug:

enfys
May 10th, 2009, 01:35 PM
I think there's a difference in definition here. I see true fairytale ends to be those ends that are tapering away significantly due to nearing terminal length. Other people see fairytale ends as ends that haven't been trimmed in a while and therefore are not blunt. I see them as different things. For example, compare Mira-Chan or EdG to Spidermom.

For people like me, who are very near if not at terminal, maintaining fairytale ends IS about keeping them healthy and damage-free. They're not going to get significantly longer no matter what we do. If you want to keep a non-blunt edge for hair that has a lot of growth potential left, then well...not cutting is the only thing that comes to mind. Back to S&D. :shrug:

That's what I think of fairytale ends as; the look of ends that are at or close to their full potential. But the way Heavenly Locks worded this:

I would love to see some hair-spirational photos of this length with fairy tail ends. I am trying to decide what type of hemline I like best and fairytails are calling me!

made me think is it even optional? We can choose a blunt u or v, but don't fairytale ends choose us?

Kleis
May 10th, 2009, 01:38 PM
That's what I think of fairytale ends as; the look of ends that are at or close to their full potential. But the way Heavenly Locks worded this:

made me think is it even optional? We can choose a blunt u or v, but don't fairytale ends choose us?

Well, what I took her to wondering about is whether she should hemline trim for any one of several shapes (U, V, straight across blunt, etc.) or leave her hair be to allow it to develop non-blunt ends, eventually leading to fairytale ends.

It's just a U-trim came up earlier as a way to maintain fairytale ends, and they really are two separate things. By definition, fairytale ends are untrimmed, even with a trim that might mimic them.

spidermom
May 10th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I realize that I don't have fairytale ends yet, but 9 months is the longest I've ever gone without trimming that I can remember (S&D only), so that's why I posted here. I've got untrimmed ends that haven't fairy-taled yet. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go back to trimming once my year is up in July, though.

Nyghtingale
May 10th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I have them! I love the look.

Kleis
May 10th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I realize that I don't have fairytale ends yet, but 9 months is the longest I've ever gone without trimming that I can remember (S&D only), so that's why I posted here. I've got untrimmed ends that haven't fairy-taled yet. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go back to trimming once my year is up in July, though.

I would say you are fairytaling as a work in progress, so totally should post here. :flowers: Of course, once you have trimmed, you have Ended the Fairytale. :lol:

freznow
May 10th, 2009, 05:23 PM
I'm pretty sure that my sig pic counts as fairy tale. I used to have an issue deciding if I was 'close to fairy tale' or 'blunt' or whatever, because to me fairy tail is tapering all the way to a significant point like hemline. The thing is, that can change not only with when you last trimmed but with how one arranges the hair for the photo. (My last sig pic almost looked like a blunt hemline, this one looks certainly fairy tale.)

feralnature
May 10th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Reading all this with interest, and now i have a question...

how long does hair usually take to "fairytail" after it's last trim? There was some discussion of perhaps a year and a half after it's last trim...any ideas? two years? Three years?

mira-chan
May 10th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Reading all this with interest, and now i have a question...

how long does hair usually take to "fairytail" after it's last trim? There was some discussion of perhaps a year and a half after it's last trim...any ideas? two years? Three years?
That really depends on your hair. If your hair has very strong sprinter hairs that grow very fast and the rest grows much slower, then the hair will fairytale quickly. If your hair grows at a more or less same pace all over, it will take a while.

For me it takes all of couple of months to have noticeable fairytailing.

spidermom
May 10th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I used to think that mine would fairytale very fast because when I went for a trim every 3 months, I'd have little sprigs of hair here and there along my hem that were 1-2 inches longer than anything else. Turns out that other hairs have growth spurts at different times, so over 9 months I still don't have noticeable fairytaling.

mira-chan
May 10th, 2009, 08:57 PM
I used to think that mine would fairytale very fast because when I went for a trim every 3 months, I'd have little sprigs of hair here and there along my hem that were 1-2 inches longer than anything else. Turns out that other hairs have growth spurts at different times, so over 9 months I still don't have noticeable fairytaling.
I wish mine did that. I get the V sprint with the sides and bulk puttering on slowly. This happens whether I trim yearly/ every half year or not at all for 3 years. I gave up fighting it. :shrug:

Teacherbear
May 10th, 2009, 09:03 PM
My name is TB and my hair is at TB. :silly:

Sorry, every time I see TB I think someone is talking about me! at least for a moment! ;)

Seriously, though. My hair is TB length and it looks about like my siggy photo from 2 years ago. My ends look like that regardless of the length.

I always cut my hair straight across, but they always end up looking like they are in a deep U or a V cut.

LittleOrca
May 11th, 2009, 01:52 AM
Proud TBL with Fairy tale ends here! :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2521&pictureid=37105
April 2009 :)

A little messy and less wavy, but you get the idea. :)

ale
May 15th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Here, here! I have a pic of my hair from the back in my album; my hair is longer now, but it gives the idea. i have a narrow V-shaped hemline.

rchorr
May 16th, 2009, 04:40 PM
My avatar shows my ends. My hair is a bit longer now, but I hate how thin the ends are. However, I don't hate it enought to cut! LOL! :p

RCHORR'

Girliness
February 5th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Silly question here: what is "classic," exactly?