PDA

View Full Version : Hair for prom?

Magicknthenight
May 8th, 2009, 04:46 PM
So I've decided i want to go to prom to celebrate the end of highschool! :D Its tommarow night. Only thing is i completely forgot to figure out what to do with my hair. I've had people offer but honestly i don't want a bunch of hair spray and heat used on it. Even if it is prom. I just don't want it all matted in the end. Yet i need to keep it up because the back of my dress is really pretty and i don't want it to be covered.(And so its out of the way and safe:toofers:) So any ideas? I'm not all that great at hair styles and i have a total of about 4 updos i constantly wear. So something kind of easy while dressy. I was thinking a sock bun with a braid around it and some pretty hair thing to put in it. But i wanted to know if anyone else had any ideas?
Thanks!:blossom:
ps- Do you wear your dress to the after party?

Labs*R*Us
May 8th, 2009, 04:59 PM
This past Saturday, I did my daughter's hair like Taylor Swift wore in her Love Story video - here's a linK - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6jEHuyKAzg.

The lady doing the demo used a 1" curling iron to form the curls before pinning, but as my DD's hair is uber curly, this wasn't necessary. I think if you like this style and want to avoid heat, you could gain the body with sponge rollers, and then pin away (it does take a lot of bobby pins...)

But it held really well, was super cute, and she got a lot of compliments on it. Just one idea.

Sorry, I don't have any idea on the after-party garb, but I'd think you would just wear the prom dress, unless it's a beach/pool party, or at some location where you wouldn't want to ruin your dress.

I hope you have a super time!!! :)