PDA

View Full Version : Related biotin q. (re: Water)

Forever_Sophie
May 8th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Is it possible to..umm...prevent the absorption (right word?) of biotin by drinking too much water?

I know the body naturally rids itself of excess biotin and was just wondering if too much water can wash out biotin altogether. (okay, maybe not "altogether" :P ) It's just that after this V hemline I want all the biotin I can take in! ;)

Thanks in advance.

Speckla
May 8th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Biotin is a water-soluble supplement already. I don't think you can drink too much water with it. I drink a ton of water each day and my hair is growing just as well as it was when I started taking more biotin and was barely drinking 2 glasses of water a day.

Forever_Sophie
May 8th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Great, thank you!

Speckla
May 8th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Oh yeah, your body is going to use what it needs and excrete the rest - no matter how much fluid you intake or output. :)

lhangel9
May 9th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Hi Forever Sophie,

I'm a newbie here! Your biotin q caught my eye. I've been taking biotin for approximately one year and have noticed that you MUST take plenty of water in order to avoid pimples and breakouts when taking biotin. Therefore, I don't believe that you can drink too much water when taking biotin.

Happy growing!!

Forever_Sophie
May 9th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Hi PrettyGirl2, welcome!! I'm honored to get your 1st post ;) Thanks for the info!

lhangel9
May 16th, 2009, 04:34 PM
You're very welcome!! Anytime!

SylphideNoir
May 16th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Your body is a master at being able to sort useful minerals out of water. I wouldn't worry.