PDA

View Full Version : Why is my hair so frizzy?

Laurel32
May 8th, 2009, 02:13 PM
The top layers (I had layers awhile back) of my hair are always really frizzy after I shower. I have tried CO and coconut oil but they haven't worked.

What can I do to avoid this frizzy mess after I shower?

Thank you.

Arctic
May 8th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Maybe you are more wavy than you think?

Laurel32
May 8th, 2009, 02:23 PM
It is weird... my top layer is always curly and frizzy after my showers, but when I pull my top layer up my under layer is really smooth and straight... :( After a day or two my top layer calms down.

Heidi_234
May 8th, 2009, 03:00 PM
My hair gets better as more days pass from the wash.
Maybe your canopy layer is more damaged (since it's more exposed to the elements, and maybe if you put your hair up in a ponytail it suffers some mechanical damage as well). So when you wash, it's more porous and strips easier of the oils and goods that keeps it moisturized and calm. After a day, it gets back the essentials and calms down.

jivete
May 8th, 2009, 03:18 PM
I have this problem too. Unfortunately, if I smooth oil on it the first day to get it looking good, it's greasy on the second day. Cool water rinses, ACV, do not help. Only cones calmed my frizz, but they make my hair brittle, so I just live with frizzier hair the first day and try to moisturize as much as possible.

It doesn't matter what kind of wash I do either, CO, herbs, diluted shampoo, water only (that one's the best but it tends to only look good one day)...

Rohele
May 8th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Have you tried rinsing with cold water? That can help smooth down the hair a bit.

jera
May 8th, 2009, 03:24 PM
It is weird... my top layer is always curly and frizzy after my showers, but when I pull my top layer up my under layer is really smooth and straight... :( After a day or two my top layer calms down.

Not weird at all. I think you've solved the mystery yourself when you say the hair underneath, where your hair is protected and not layered, remains smooth while your layered hair on top frizzes up.

Can you try to go longer between shampoos or even getting your hair wet??:confused: Some members here do that and it works for them very well. They have smooth hair and great slip. :)

Dez
May 8th, 2009, 03:29 PM
I have the same problem. I have yet to solve it. I just wear my hair back or up until it calms down, but i have to wash at least every other day so i don't get a real good hair day. mousse and hairspray help me a little!

girlcat36
May 8th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Shampoo makes my hair really frizzy, and build-up makes my hair frizzy. I use shampoo rarely, and clarify fairly often.

jojo
May 8th, 2009, 05:20 PM
try rinsing in cold water and then adding a teeny bit of conditioner to the parts that frizz, also bunning it will help. I have this problem too but these work for me.

justmyself
May 9th, 2009, 12:58 PM
I had a problem with the top layer being frizzy until I stopped using a towel to dry. Now, I just put a bit of coconut or sweet almond oil from the ears down and plop it in a towel for a half hour to an hour. Then, once I take it down I won't touch it at all untill it is totally dry. Well, that is the intention anyway, lol. Most of the time I can keep from touching it as long as I have plenty of time to let it dry. Also, I only wash it a couple times a week.

spidermom
May 9th, 2009, 01:10 PM
The only things that take down my surface frizz are pomades, waxes, or styling putty. I like Nature's Gate styling putty because I can comb through it. Other products have been too gluey.

Elenna
May 11th, 2009, 12:45 AM
This was my problem except I've been trying out a different hair recipe.

This recipe consists of coconut oil and honey, heated in the microwave, taken out and then mixed with VO5 conditioner. I put the mixture in my hair, and leave it on for about a hour. I consider it the first part of CWC.

The heat is important. The mixture doesn't work without it. Maybe Ktani would know the reason. My normally dry and frizzy hair is very soft.