PDA

View Full Version : Biotin

Longlocks3
May 7th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Been a member three days and I've already did a lot of changes! I went today and bought Biotin plus some gummy vites vitamins. I was considering prenatal vitamins but I'm pretty sure my boyfriend wouldn't want his brother who lives with us or his visiting parents to see any prenatal vitamins lying around when I'm not pregnant.

Now my question is: How much should I take? I bought 1000mg tablets and the bottle says you can take one to five a day with a meal. I only had one today. I'm afraid to take five! Has anyone else perfected their Biotin intake? I'm not hoping for a certain length of growth per month per say just seeing if I can increase, since I'm worried about my growth stopping where it is.

kam984420
May 7th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Been a member three days and I've already did a lot of changes! I went today and bought Biotin plus some gummy vites vitamins. I was considering prenatal vitamins but I'm pretty sure my boyfriend wouldn't want his brother who lives with us or his visiting parents to see any prenatal vitamins lying around when I'm not pregnant.

Now my question is: How much should I take? I bought 1000mg tablets and the bottle says you can take one to five a day with a meal. I only had one today. I'm afraid to take five! Has anyone else perfected their Biotin intake? I'm not hoping for a certain length of growth per month per say just seeing if I can increase, since I'm worried about my growth stopping where it is.

Im currently taking 3 of the 1000mcg tablets of biotin daily and its enough to definately help my hair growth but not enough to cause me to break out.

Longlocks3
May 7th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Ah, thanks for putting up my newness, I found an old thread about Biotin.

windinherhair
May 7th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Don't worry... I am one of the ones that posted a new Biotin thread too. Haha. I have been taking 2 tablets so far.

redneckprincess
May 8th, 2009, 05:15 AM
I take 10,000 mcg a day...started off with one 5000mcg pill per day, then found a bottle of 7500, did some research and found out 10,000 isnt to uncommon, I have heard of people taking 12,500 but I dont think I will go any higher than what im taking now, My hair went from growing at a rate of less then 1/8" per month to just about 1 complete inch per month (give or take a centimeter)...I will have to check out the other biotin thread too.

Forever_Sophie
May 8th, 2009, 11:10 AM
I've had noticable results w/ 2000mcg/day.

enfys
May 8th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Any biotin you can't absorb you pass with your urine. Some people argue this is why super high doses aren't dangerous or effective.

Personally I noticed a difference on just under 1000mcg. Such high doses aren't available here it seems. I'd try the 1000mcg for a bit just to have to buy new bottles less often!

Norai
May 8th, 2009, 12:24 PM
This might be TMI, but I take one 1000 mcg tablet a day. If I take 2 a day I notice that my urine smells really odd, so I'm guessing that 2 wasn't being absorbed anyway! :confused:

enfys
May 8th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up on how to know if we're taking too much haha.

Fethenwen
May 8th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I'm a bit confused with this biotin thingy. Now is that a specific type of vitamin B? Or is it one of those multi B vitamin pills?

CindyLea1
May 8th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Biotin is B7 or H. They are the same. I don't know why it has 2 names. Check wikipedia under biotin for interesting info.

Fethenwen
May 8th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Alright, thanks :)

lhangel9
May 16th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I take 6700 mcg/day:
6000 (in Pre-natal vitamins) - no I'm not preggy.
600 (in my multi)
100 (in my B-complex)

Any excess is excreted in the urine.