PDA

View Full Version : Buying henna & indigo in the UK/Germany

Lampedusa
May 7th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Hi ladies, I'm a newbie here...

I was trying to find any topic on where you buy your henna and indigo, but couldn't find them. I know the Mehandi website is supposed to be good, but the postage to my country (Slovenia) + customs charges are simply too much for me.

It would be much easier for me to buy henna and indigo from the UK. Can anyone recommend a good UK or German site for quality henna and indigo, something like a UK Mehandi shop?

Thank you very much :)

florenonite
May 7th, 2009, 12:53 PM
henna-boy.co.uk is great, that's where I got my henna. The prices don't seem too bad, either, though I don't have anything with which to compare them.

kakaa
May 7th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Lampedusa,

Don't you have Indian shops in Slovenia? Why don't you buy henna there?

rach
May 7th, 2009, 02:12 PM
i too as well have used hennaboy . :D

Lampedusa
May 7th, 2009, 02:12 PM
florenonite, thank you very much for the UK link, the shop seems to be sellign quality henna and idnigo and the prices are ok for me. I'll definitely give them a try :)

Kakaa, we have no Indian shops over here. I can get henna here, but who knows what is in those packages...

Lampedusa
May 7th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Sorry for the typos, I've just got a new keyboard, lol.

kakaa
May 7th, 2009, 02:34 PM
I apologise for this in advance:

Ja sam u Hrvatskoj i moram ti reći da je tu gotovo sva kana ok. Pa čak i ona crvena iz dm-a. Ne daj da te oni sa hennaforhair splaše - to ti je sve da te uvjere da je njihovo najbolje. Vjeruj mi, imam njihove kane doma (prevodila sam onu knjižicu s uputama za upotrebu na hrvatski) i stvarno nije niš posebno. Velim ti to da si ne kuriš novce bezveze. Pusa iz Zg!

Lampedusa
May 7th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Sorry for a bit more regional speak.. :knit:

Bok kakaa, hvala ti mnogo za ovo. Baš sam se pitala dal je njihova henna zaista tako super, jer mi je stvarno predrago da je naručim kod njih, a i vjerujem da svako oče prodat svoju kanu za najbolju... Do sad sam upotrebljivala Logoninu hennu kaj mi se čini ok, al nema baš dosta indiga unutra pa ne dobijem sasvim crne boje. Pošto samog indiga ne mogu dobit kod nas, ču probat ovaj pejdž iz Engleske...

kakaa
May 8th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Ok! Držim ti fige da ti sve bude kak treba :)

It's always nice to meet someone from your corner of the world :)

SimplyLonghair
May 8th, 2009, 02:31 AM
English Translation Please? :rolleyes:

Tai Shan Fan
May 8th, 2009, 10:23 AM
'Renaissance henna' is UK based and excellent.

Unofficial_Rose
May 8th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Another vote for Hennaboy here! His stuff is the same quality as Mehandi, and he does loyalty discounts. Normally ships promptly too, unless he's away (which has only happened to me once in a couple of years of regular ordering).

aahavaa
May 18th, 2009, 07:29 AM
I am having big problems ordering from Hennaboy lately because my visa details always seem to bring up errors in certain websites, due to my location mainly.I have no henna left now,Ive been stretching and stretching it and if I get desperate I might have to ask one of you kind uk ladies to help me out here since I love his henna and do not want to try anything else.:(

aahavaa
May 18th, 2009, 08:19 AM
This is too funny, I only now got an email that they received my cheque!! Yay!!! my henna is on the way :cheese:.

Katze
May 18th, 2009, 11:01 AM
'Renaissance henna' is UK based and excellent.

I can also recommend Renaissance Henna, www.renaissancehenna.com, in the UK which sells good quality henna, cassia, indigo, etc. Sabrina is also a nice and compassionate person, and is committed to natural hair dye. I had nothing but positive experiences with her, though I ended up not using the Cassia after all.

Unfortunately I strongly recommend not doing business with Henna Boy. PM me for details.

There have been several threads about henna in Europe, here is one where some other ideas are discussed:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5903&highlight=henna