PDA

View Full Version : is sweat harmful?

sahiba
April 6th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I do brisk walking for 1 hr. everyday and by the time I am through it seems as if I was in rain. Just wanted to know how harmful is sweat for hair and what should I do about it? Is washing everyday safe?

Kirin
April 6th, 2008, 09:30 AM
i am a daily washer, and i find no ill effects on my hair. I work out, and do daily long walks with the dog as well, and definately sweat on my scalp. Sweat is a natural occurance of the body, and its never damaged my hair.

CherrySilver
April 6th, 2008, 10:55 AM
My hair is also about your length -- I work out pretty much on a daily basis and also wash my hair. Sweating is very good for you, as it releases toxins. In addition, you get your circulation going which is good for your hair (among other things) as well. Just be careful detangling so you don't break any hairs. Enjoy and happy walking!

jesamyn
April 6th, 2008, 10:57 AM
...and make sure that you drink plenty of water to replenish your body. :)

Lamb
April 6th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Sweat won't harm your hair. HOWEVER, if you don't let it evaporate after a workout (if your hair is very thick and you don't "air it" after exercise), it can bother your scalp (itching). So, shake out your hair and let your scalp dry!

aprilmay
April 6th, 2008, 12:01 PM
If you are worried about washing you can just rinse your hair and lightly apply conditioner.

sahiba
April 6th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks for all your advices.