PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you? shoulders to bra strap...

redneckprincess
May 6th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Am I being unrealistic to hope for bra strap leingth by my birthday (October), or at the latest by the end of the year?

LadyEliza
May 6th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I started from pixie in October 2007. I'm about top of bra strap now (depends on the bra!)

Merewen
May 6th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Hair grows an average of 1/2 inch a month. There are women who use Monistat who get an inch a month. You do the math.

Flaxen
May 6th, 2009, 09:00 PM
My hair grows very fast (or it did when I was 17) from shoulder to bra strap length. I made it in about 9 months during one grow-out. :smile:

Jules diamond
May 6th, 2009, 10:20 PM
It took me about a year.

akurah
May 6th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Depends on how tall you are. The shorter you are, the shorter your spine is, and the more quickly you will reach BSL.

I don't really recommend setting time-based length goals, personally.

Melisande
May 6th, 2009, 11:00 PM
My hair grows 1,5 cm a month. If I remember well, it took me about a year from shoulder to bra strap. But already at armpit length you can ponytail your hair and do some nice things with it.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment. Just grow your hair and take pictures. You will be surprised how your hair changes when you let it grow. Length is not everything. Once the layers grow out, your natural pattern shows, and the hair goes where it wants to. That's nice to see, too.

teela1978
May 6th, 2009, 11:12 PM
I think it was about a year. I did a trim or 2 in there though, so that probably slowed me down a bit.

ETA: I just looked up pictures and from just past shoulders to mid-bra strap took just about a year. Figuring in a couple 1/4 inch trims and it was probably 10 months to hit the top of my bra strap.

MadPirateBippy
May 7th, 2009, 12:50 AM
It took me eleventy billion years.

:) Measure your hair close to the first of the month and post in it your blog and on the measure in thread. In a few months you'll know what your average growth is. For most people it's around half an inch, so 2.5 inches is reasonable by October, more if you smear Monistat on your head.

How long do you have to go in inches?

florenonite
May 7th, 2009, 07:03 AM
No trims, took me from July 07 to August 08 to get a "proper" BSL (though I was at the top of my bra strap some time before that). I got a two or three inch trim in September 08 and am now at BSL again.

MsBubbles
May 7th, 2009, 09:17 AM
9 months to get from 'just brushing tops of shoulders' to 'tip of V covering bra strap' (about 25").

To get the rest of my hair to catch up, however, took me another 8 months - partly because I let my old hair stylist near my hair and she cut layers back into it (seethe).

But now it's BSL with a straight-across hemline :), after 17 months.

redneckprincess
May 7th, 2009, 12:13 PM
wow, I was seriously thinking it wouldnt take that long, ok I guess by next summer it is...
:( that just seams like foreveraway

jojo
May 7th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I was shoulder as in just touching shoulder in May 2006 and I reached BSL last December.

Hang in there, it will get there!

going gray
May 7th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I started growing out an ugly short style Dec.'07, hair was then about 15" with lots of short layers, disgusting! DH (who thinks I'm nuts even caring) measured my hair last night after just getting a 1.5" trim yesterday & I'm exactly 21", but have had 3 dustings during that time. I'm very satisfied with my hair growth.

girlcat36
May 7th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Eighteen months for the tip of my V hemline to get to BSL, but I'm a curly--takes us longer!

Ryanne
May 8th, 2009, 12:39 AM
A little longer than a year, I think.