PDA

View Full Version : Thin tips\ends on hairs?

Heidi_234
May 6th, 2009, 12:06 PM
In S&Ds, I come across those so often, I'm not sure anymore. They looks pretty much like this:
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5324/39449111.jpg
Not exactly tapered, but suddenly thinning in the very tips, like 2mm from the end of the hair. Is it damage?

Michele
May 6th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Well i don't know if this is the case with your hair, but i know that when i come across hairs like that, that it's most likely a remaining hair where the end was lost due to breakage. I hate it!

Curlsgirl
May 6th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Could it be a split end where half of it broke off?

spidermom
May 6th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Could it be a split end where half of it broke off?

This is my thought as well.

SpecialKitty
May 6th, 2009, 12:58 PM
I'm assuming it doesn't look like the end of a cat's whiskers? If it does, then that is a virgin hair end! But if it is a sudden thinning, not tapered, then it is probably damage.

Heidi_234
May 6th, 2009, 02:10 PM
No, it's a sudden thinning thing. I thought about that it might be broken hair, but usually they break with a white dot, and also there are way to many of these thinned ends I started to doubt that it is in fact broken. :shrug:

Anje
May 6th, 2009, 02:24 PM
My guess is that it's half a split end, and the other part broke off, especially if it's only about 2mm long. Virgin growth that hasn't been trimmed is also tapered, but on me, the hair takes about 1cm to get to full thickness.

jera
May 6th, 2009, 02:40 PM
My guess is that it's half a split end, and the other part broke off, especially if it's only about 2mm long. Virgin growth that hasn't been trimmed is also tapered, but on me, the hair takes about 1cm to get to full thickness.

That's my thought as well. Just half split. :( It's frustrating, isn't it.

Heidi_234
May 7th, 2009, 09:36 AM
That's my thought as well. Just half split. :( It's frustrating, isn't it.
It bad bad news, I on every split end I find I can spot 5-7 of those. :shocked: