PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone here who.......

Pixna
May 6th, 2009, 07:04 AM
.....wears her/his hair DOWN all the time? By down I mean no bun, no braid, no ponytail, no hair toys, no nothin' (except maybe a clip or barrette for a half-up).

If you are out there, please speak up and be counted!!! And feel free to tell us why you wear your hair down all the time and any other tidbits about it that you would like to share!!

helen2806
May 6th, 2009, 07:22 AM
My hair is pretty much always down unless I need it out of the way for exercise, cooking etc.

I don't think I really suit having my hair up and it doesn't bother me down unless it's windy as then I get tangles. Maybe as my hair gets longer it will be easier to have it up but for now I much prefer having it down!

Although I wear it down I often will do something with the front so it doesn't get boring - alice bands, french plait across the front, quiff, loosely clipping the front layers back etc

HairColoredHair
May 6th, 2009, 07:33 AM
I did until I hit tailbone.

I still could until classic.

Now, wearing it down outside the house is a very rare occurance.

EdG
May 6th, 2009, 07:35 AM
I'm the poster-child for wearing hair down all the time.

I used to wear a ponytail a long time ago. But I didn't like how the elastic bands left a crimp in my hair. So I have been wearing my hair loose for the last 15 years.

Loose hair is really not problematic (as long as the wind is calm). :)
Ed

mellie
May 6th, 2009, 07:38 AM
I do usually! Except when it's really hot out!

RavennaNight
May 6th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Lately I have been wearing my hair up more, since my job may get my hair into icky places like a pile of dustbunnies. So I have discovered some awesome updos that I really enjoy. But I was always a staunch advocate of free flowing loose wild hair on my days off. I love the feeling of loose hair against my arms and back.

3azza
May 6th, 2009, 07:49 AM
I used to have my hair down all the time the past few years (except when i wash my face or something), but this year i have been exercising everyday and i got into the habit of braiding, which really did not make a big difference, infact i had more split ends because i have to section my curly hair to braid it and it just breaks.
The reason why i kept it down is because it is curly and tying it back will spoil the curls.

AutumnLeaves
May 6th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Almost always down here as I get headaches when my hair is up. In fact, unless I have to go somewhere, I don't usually wear anything in it and it is a serious mess. But it does go up if I need to look halfway neat...

Selene Argenta
May 6th, 2009, 09:00 AM
I wear my hair down most of the time, unless it's gettin in the way of house work or the like. Mainly I'm too lazy to do more than brush it, but I also love the feel of the hair against my back. :)

paper
May 6th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I perfer my hair down. Usually with a headband. I will probably wear it up alot this summer though, when it gets hot.

melrose1985
May 6th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Right now because of the way it hits my shoulder it flips all wierd ways that i dont like. So I try to wear it up.

But once it's about APL and longer i plan on wearing it down, mostly because I'm not good at hair styles. But also because I having it down and long. Oh and I hate how pony tails and styles crimp my hair to how every I have it twist. It never looks pretty after that.

lapushka
May 6th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I'm shoulder length, and mostly I still wear it down, however I have started using sticks and clips to pull it up quickly in back, just to get it out of my neck. No real fancy updos yet, though.

aahavaa
May 6th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Mine is always down except in mid summer or when I work out ,when I'll clip it up with a claw clip so it doesn't get sweaty.I like ponytails but if they are tight enough not to slip off they hurt my scalp real bad.So it is really rare to catch me with a pony tail or braids.I like the look of buns with hair sticks too but the horrible layers I have now has left my bun looking anaemic LOL..maybe next year :)

lady_of_shallot
May 6th, 2009, 10:25 AM
i do! but i have shrt hair. but i have a friend who wears hers down all the time it's beautiful and long.

mugglemomof3
May 6th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I prefer my hair (and face) down. I get hair headaches if I wear an updo too much, and the second part of that is that the main reason I'm growing my hair long is so people can see it long, and if it's up, you can't really tell.

I do try to put it up in the wind and when doing physical stuff, and I keep a shirt over the back of my work chair (because it's mesh), but for the most part it's down and I'll keep it that way. Of course, ask me again when it's waist or tailbone! :-)

goodenough
May 6th, 2009, 10:55 AM
My hair is waist length, and I wear it down a lot. I do a generic bun for cooking or dusting (after a bout with the vacuum last week:) My hair is very heavy, so it hurts up unless I do it just right. I think I'm gonna get a chop in September to BSL.

Toadstool
May 6th, 2009, 01:46 PM
N ot long enough to wear up!

redneckprincess
May 6th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I plan to once i get my hair to about my bra strap or so. Right now I have to wear it up but I just went and bought new ponytail holders with no metal on them.

Kaamos
May 6th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I used to wear my hair down every day until it got about BSL long and I wanted it to grow longer. I don't think it got damaged because of wearing it down...

simply_me
May 6th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I keep mine down. It's not that long and pretty thick so I really can't put it up neatly. Can't wait until it gets longer so that I can try out all the beautiful updos I see here. :cheese:

AmyJorgensen
May 6th, 2009, 02:07 PM
I used to wear it down for most of my life...until now that I found this site and learned ways to put it up. I still do wear it down a good bit.

Anje
May 6th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I'm always amazed at this sort of thing. My hair hasn't been shorter than about shoulder length, but I've always worn it back, since I figured out how to get it into a ponytail and hide the lumpy top under a baseball cap, which was probably the summer after 1st grade.

LittleOrca
May 6th, 2009, 02:28 PM
I used to wear my hair down all the time before I came to this site. :) My only updo before then was a french twist and I only wore them when it was hot outside. I do like my updos for work, or around the house things, but when I am out in public (and its not not or too windy) I like to have my hair down; especially at the coast, at the park, or at fairs.

ravenreed
May 6th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I wore my hair down all the time at waist length, as I find that is the most flattering for my round face... Now that I am trying to ease it to tb, I am wearing it up more than not. Once it is at tb, I will re-evaluate, and see if I can again wear it down most of the time. If not, I might go back to waist, or at least to the point where down is feasible.

Alexannee10
May 6th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I was always wearing my hair down until I did this "challenge" .. Wear my hair up all days for 1 month .. It's pretty long, 3 week remaining!

galadriel
May 6th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I wear my hair down most of the time; I use to wear it up in buns or french braids but I started worrying about breaking hair at the hairline. I also read that wearing hair up in the same do can cause damage and lead to thinning hair.

hennaphile
May 6th, 2009, 08:10 PM
I usually do because anything else gives me a headache after awhile

redneckprincess
May 6th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I used to wear it down for most of my life...until now that I found this site and learned ways to put it up. I still do wear it down a good bit.
I LOVE your avatar pic I hope to do cool stuff like that when my hair gets that long

Ash
May 6th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I do. It is pretty much only "up" at work, which means a braid. Updos don't look right on me for a lot of reasons, and I find it to be less of an annoyance to wear it down. This may change when it gets long enough to wrap a braid completely around my head.

Darkhorse1
May 6th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Me, me me! Of course, I can't when I'm at the barn, but as soon as I'm done riding/teaching, I take out my braid. I love the feeling of my hair loose and blowing in the wind :)

I do wear it up when it's really hot/humid though because it makes my neck sweat. But, I only do that if I'm going out to run an errand. Most always, I have my hair loose.

Tornerose
May 6th, 2009, 11:30 PM
I do when it's dry, I get mild headaches if I wear anything too tight or too long. I also suffer ehadaches not relating to hairstyles, so I try to do all I can to keep them at a minimum.

ilovelonghair
May 7th, 2009, 12:03 AM
I started wearing it down most of the time since my hair doesn't look as bad as before. I had it in a bun (day and night) for nearly a year I think. But it has thickened up and it can be worn down. I find it more comfortable, unless my hair is oily. I often take a nap during the day or read a book on bed and I don't like the feeling of lying on a bun and I'm too lazy to have to take it out and put it back in.

brok3nwings
May 7th, 2009, 02:06 AM
i actually use my hair loose more frequently then up and the reason is besides the washing days its because i really like it. I am one of those that want long hair but also want to use it loose :)