PDA

View Full Version : Hair style me for my son's wedding!

LadyEliza
May 5th, 2009, 10:55 PM
First - a photo...

(no, I didn't comb it...)

http://www.elizasart.com/temp/elizahair.jpg

What would you do with this for my son's wedding on the 13th June. On the beach, in winter.

lizzyjo
May 5th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Let me guess, Southern Hemisphere?

Your curls are so lovely! I vote that you do a half-up with a pretty clip and leave the rest down to show off the length and texture. Plus, wearing your hair down would be appropriate for a beach wedding.

Oh, and congratulations!

SheWolf
May 5th, 2009, 11:43 PM
I second the half up. With cascading curls, a dressy clip, it would look gorgeous.

Kaamos
May 6th, 2009, 02:22 AM
I saw your picture and my first thought was "half up"!

I second the half up. With cascading curls, a dressy clip, it would look gorgeous.:agree:Exactly!

Maybe you could pin some pretty flower(s) on your hair. Assumed that you can find some in winter...

LadyEliza
May 6th, 2009, 02:30 AM
I was thinking of beading some flowers. I'll have to go see what colours I have. I'm wearing black and red.

I've made some hairslides today actually, they are in the selfmade hair toys thread. (here - http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=131)

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll go look see what beads I have for flowers now :)

embee
May 6th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Hm. Although I think you hair would look its best in a half-up, I fear the wind on the beach might just mess up your length. So you might want to have a bun for the beach part and let that down for after when you're not outdoors getting blown around?

My DD was married on the beach also, and I needed a sunhat but didn't have one, so I was all squinty the whole time. Bummer that. So consider if you'll need a hat, which could be wonderfully decorative too! Then if the reception is indoors, you can remove that hat and let down your hair.

natt i nord
May 6th, 2009, 08:21 AM
I'd second the half up too - maybe with a few bright flowers :)

OT: June and winter... For me as a German this is impossible to imagine :D