PDA

View Full Version : what more can I do

redneckprincess
May 5th, 2009, 04:15 PM
To help my hair to grow faster...It naturally grows at LESS THEN 1/8" per month. I started taking prenatel vitimans and Biotin. I was using NIOXIN but cant afford to keep doing so. Anyways I have gotten my growth speed up to just over 1" per month. I also just last week added Gelatin to my daily pill agenda...What else can I do? any advice...Sorry I dont know how to add pics I will when I figure it out. and just so ya know sometimes I get a little obsessive about this, lol :)
Angie~

enfys
May 5th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Is damage a problem? No good growing from the roots if it breaks off at the ends!

If breakage isn't a problem, then basic good health will do a lot to help you, even just drinking lots of water. Some people find scalp massages help.

I know some people's routines seem too expensive to follow!

Deborah
May 5th, 2009, 05:00 PM
If you have gotten your growth speed up to more than one inch per month, then your growth speed is ABOVE AVERAGE! Just keep doing what you are doing. It sounds as though the prenatal vitamins and biotin are doing the trick! :)

AmyJorgensen
May 5th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I don't mean to be a kill joy, but I am thinking your hair must have taken a lot of damage to be bleached/commercially dyed that pink/red color (in the sense that the damage would cause breakage). You might need to decide whether length or exotic color is more important for you.

redneckprincess
May 5th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Really? the last time I BLEACHED my hair was OVER a year ago before I decided to grow it long, and this red color I have in it now is NOT damaging!! INFACT it is basically a deep conditioning treatment that happens to color it "an exotic" color. :p
I don't mean to be a kill joy, but I am thinking your hair must have taken a lot of damage to be bleached/commercially dyed that pink/red color (in the sense that the damage would cause breakage). You might need to decide whether length or exotic color is more important for you.

teela1978
May 5th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Bleach is pretty damaging, while I'm sure you're right about the red color you might want to keep an eye on the bleached bits. They'll most likely split, break, and wear off a lot faster than your natural hair. I would blame the bleach for the 1/8 inch per month growth prior to your vitamin plan.

ravenreed
May 5th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I would back off on the prenatal vitamins and go for one specifically for hair, unless, of course, you are actually pregnant. The prenatal vitamins usually have too much iron, and that can actually damage your organs. I don't think longer hair is worth that.

redneckprincess
May 5th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Its ok I have SEVERE ANEMIA and my dr told me I could take them and I would be able to stop taking my daily iron...trust me i know what im doing with what i got i just wanted to know what more i could do??

I would back off on the prenatal vitamins and go for one specifically for hair, unless, of course, you are actually pregnant. The prenatal vitamins usually have too much iron, and that can actually damage your organs. I don't think longer hair is worth that.

wintersun99
May 5th, 2009, 07:27 PM
There isn't much you can do, really. Other than eat healthy, take your vitamins and baby your hair (since it's been bleached). The rest is up to genetics.

akurah
May 5th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Its ok I have SEVERE ANEMIA and my dr told me I could take them and I would be able to stop taking my daily iron...trust me i know what im doing with what i got i just wanted to know what more i could do??
Don't cut. ;)

jera
May 6th, 2009, 01:49 AM

I've had severe anemia too. Hugs. So I give the nod to our vitamin regime. However, if your hair is really currently growing 1" a month, I think you could teach th rest of us what to do. :D That's way above average.

If you definitely want to increase growth, you could try using rosemary essenetial oil to you hair at the roots. Tea tree oil is good too, but it's a lttle expensive when money is an issue.

Nat242
May 6th, 2009, 02:20 AM
<snip>

If you definitely want to increase growth, you could try using rosemary essenetial oil to you hair at the roots. Tea tree oil is good too, but it's a lttle expensive when money is an issue.

But don't apply either of these essential oils directly - you must dilute them with a carrier oil (extra virgin olive oil and jojoba are good ones) or put a few drops in a litre of water and use it as a rinse.

Fethenwen
May 6th, 2009, 02:22 AM
One inch per month is a lot of growth :) You seem to be eating the right sort of pills. I would not color my hair with chemical dye if I would want to grow my hair long, trust me, been there done that - from my point of view it isn't possible to have healthy hair on that sort of color. But I must say that pink shade of yours surely is awesome ^_^