PDA

View Full Version : Clothing perfect for long hair?

Red Jezebel
April 6th, 2008, 03:14 AM
I was just visiting the A Fondness for Skirts social group and showing off a skirt I really, REALLY want (Silviabirch Triple Layer Skirt (http://www.alienskin.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=24_25&products_id=744)) from the Alienskin website (http://www.alienskin.co.uk). After posting about it I continued to browse the rest of the Faery Clothing (http://www.alienskin.co.uk/index.php?cPath=24) section which they've expanded since my last visit and found a gem...

The Kankova Coat (http://www.alienskin.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=24_42&products_id=1816) - it has a hood with a hole for long hair out the back of it. How wonderful? :) Ok, in winter hoods are useful to protect hair, but just sometimes I still want to show it off. My only complaint is the waist isn't more fitted - I'd like it a little more taylored looking.

Anyone found any other clothes that are a little unusual and useful for us long hairs, either to protect or show off :D (not that I do the latter much at the moment, I've worn my hair down from it's usual cinnamon bun or English braid about 3 times this year :rolleyes:)

Hope I haven't inadvertently enabled anyone by posting those links... :p

AprilElf
April 6th, 2008, 04:02 AM
I think I can resist, because *eeeeee!* -pricey! ;)
But yes, that is a great feature to have in a coat.

Isilme
April 6th, 2008, 05:19 AM
evil enabler!;)

Neon Gloss
April 6th, 2008, 08:54 AM
So, so expensive! But I want it all...

Kuchen
April 6th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Well, there are those traditional dresses worn by Japanese ladies in court, with a special long silk tail for your hair. Can't remember what they're called though. There is a site with some photos but I'm not sure if it's suitable for linkage here.

Red Jezebel
April 6th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I think I can resist, because *eeeeee!* -pricey! ;)
But yes, that is a great feature to have in a coat.Lol, yes, they are a bit. For that money I don't really want any I'm-over-keen-on-the-XYZ feeling that I have about the waist. And I'm not too fond of zips either, due to the zip-bulge aspect. I just love that hood, awesome!
Well, there are those traditional dresses worn by Japanese ladies in court, with a special long silk tail for your hair. Can't remember what they're called though. There is a site with some photos but I'm not sure if it's suitable for linkage here.Sounds intriguing.

Alaia
April 6th, 2008, 12:43 PM
I love that site. Thanks for showing it to us!

When I have money I'm blatantly buying stuff from there. Long skirts, dresses and coats. Yup. :D

daeana
April 6th, 2008, 03:06 PM
they're not unusual, but i've found that short skirts are excellent for showing off my hair. :D

peachy.pudding
April 6th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Is that pricey? Am i missing something? Isnt that just average costing? I am not fond of them, but personally i always find wool, tweed and cashmere show of hair beautifully

bte
April 7th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I would say that hair and clothing are both part of your individual style. Finding what feels right for you will probably end up looking right for you as well.

heidihug
April 7th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Ooo, my sister's a master seamstress, she could make a jacket for me like that very easily, and probably for less than $50 US. She's a sweety and never charges me more than the cost of the materials. I would love to be able to stick my braid out the back of my hood instead of having it all curled up inside.

atlantaz3
April 7th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I almost wonder if you could take a coat with a larger hood attached and have a tailor split and finish it with the opening. I would scounge a thrift store find and play around if someone really liked this. Personally I don't think I would like my hair hanging out the back of this - I did like the cloven mittens - cold hands here. (I'm not a big fleece fan either.)

takethecake
April 7th, 2008, 12:20 PM
What a lovely website!

Thanks for the ideas.