PDA

View Full Version : This is my hair... Need expert help! ;-)

Hannah83
May 5th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I hope i post at the right place... :o

I call it waist length, is that right? Do you think i can be a 2c-3a? It is produkts in it in the picture, I try not to use that now, and only keep it in updos. I would love to have some tips from you hair experts on how to care for it in the best way i can! Im new, but im learning! I sneak around in here reading everywere. ;)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l16/hannahk_01/06-03-09.jpg

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l16/hannahk_01/06-03-09.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

natt i nord
May 5th, 2009, 10:43 AM
How did you wash your hair before? To get an exact hairtyping you should only use shampoo and then nothing. Leave it air drying and then take a photo.

Judging from this photo I'd say you're a 3b. Partly they're really curly... and yes, this is waist :)
Beautiful hair, by the way! :)

For your hair care you'll have to try out what's best for your hair. Firstaful I'd say wash without cones, your scalp will be grateful. If the scalp is dry you can try to dilute your shampoo.
By the time you'll get a feeling for what your hair needs and what's too much. And please don't overcare and test it out slowly.

Feel free to ask if there are more questions which I didn't answer :)

Calista
May 5th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Waist is the narrowest part of your torso. I´d say it is about where your left elbow is in the picture, so this is longer than waist.

KajiKodomo
May 5th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I can't help with the hairtyping, but you are definitely at waist! Your hair is beautiful, by the way! :D

dorkfish
May 5th, 2009, 11:00 AM
I am glad you asked those ?'s hannah83. I am new at this as well and am still not sure how to get a pic of my hair on here for some help. My hair is the same length as yours, but it isn't that wavy. My hair is pretty straight for the most part. If I let it air dry, it is about half the waves you have. I love your hair, BEAUTIFUL.

By the way, natt i nord, I have just started the CO washing and last night I COC. I love it!!, but what is cones?

natt i nord
May 5th, 2009, 11:06 AM
By the way, natt i nord, I have just started the CO washing and last night I COC. I love it!!, but what is cones?

Silicones in shampoos. They don't get washed out with the rest of the shampoo and stay on your hair. By the time your scalp may get confused of it. :)

dorkfish
May 5th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Is the cones in the shampoos the reason my scalp seems to itch more just after I was? or is there possibly another factor? I really notice my scalp being very dry/itchy the next day, and I am assuming that after my natural oils are back it isn't so bad.

lapushka
May 5th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I think you're 2b or 2c, probably more 2c. I don't see any ringlets (except maybe a few, which would make you 2c at the most) but I do see plenty of S-waves.

AJoifulNoise
May 5th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Wow, you have really pretty hair. I suck at hair-typing so I'm not much there. You seem to be hovering near hiplength, though.

lapushka
May 5th, 2009, 11:23 AM
This might help. It's in my bookmarks and has pics per hairtype (follow the links above)!
http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/Personal27.html

GlassEyes
May 5th, 2009, 11:24 AM
You're around 2c. Maybe you can breach 3a depending on what you do, but you are definitely not 3b.

natt i nord
May 5th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Is the cones in the shampoos the reason my scalp seems to itch more just after I was? or is there possibly another factor? I really notice my scalp being very dry/itchy the next day, and I am assuming that after my natural oils are back it isn't so bad.

Hm, I don't think it's dry because of the cones. I'd blame the alcohol or the surfactant for it - just try to dilute your shampoo. Put some shampoo in a glass and fill in water. Then mix this and wash your hair with the result.
Use MUCH less than you usually do when you're washing your hair - because of the diluting it becomes much more than you think it was.

girlcat36
May 5th, 2009, 11:49 AM
I would say 2c as well. My hair is 3a(I think), and it looks a lot curlier(and frizzier!) than yours.
You have beautiful color and shine!

Firefly
May 5th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I'd say you're definitely in the 2c/3a range, and yes you've surpassed waist. Pretty hair!

spidermom
May 5th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I vote 2C also - pretty hair, longer than waist.

Hannah83
May 5th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Oh so many answering, thanks all of you.. :)

I think that 2c might be most right, it is gel and i think i used a hairdryer at the picture. I am CO washing since december, so no silicone at all! The picture is lying, it is not that pretty without styling. The curls split and it looks messy. But thank all of you for the compliments, makes me feel good!:blossom: I can post a more accurate pic next wash, without styling.
I read about oil, how do you use it? While wash, after, in wet or dry? I have very dry hair, and i think it would love something like that.

Wow, longer than waist, thats great! Hipbone next maybe? :cheese: (I love the cheese-guy)

I will answer and ask more later, right now my daughter needs me to sleep. She dont understand that mom needs to look at beautiful hair and new hair toys. :p

Hannah83
May 7th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I co-washed today, and my hair is a mess. :( It looks crasy and it is just not nice at all. I do not know what i am doing wrong? Is it the abuse i put it through before i knew better, or is it the protein in my co? Maby it is feed up? I really want it to be pretty naturaly, please help me. :(

Here is the pic all natural:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l16/hannahk_01/blandat756.jpg

Starr
May 7th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I say your hair is a mix of 2b/2c.

Forever_Sophie
May 7th, 2009, 04:33 PM
At least waist length, and BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheKnight'sLady
May 7th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Can't really give advice about the type but your hair is gorgeous! Wow :)

Hannah83
May 7th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Thanks all of you. :blossom: you guys are so sweet!

I was thinking about oil, how do I use it? Is it before wash, or while wash, or after? And what kind of oil?

GlassEyes
May 7th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks all of you. :blossom: you guys are so sweet!

I was thinking about oil, how do I use it? Is it before wash, or while wash, or after? And what kind of oil?
Welll, most people don't apply it WHILE washing, but people often apply it to hair before washing, dry or wet, and sometimes after, depending on hairtype. You're on the curlier side, so there's a bigger chance you could do either or both.

I like to oil on wet hair...always. Before washes and otherwise. : D Some people before dry and only before washes. It depends on the person.

xoLegallyAubrey
May 7th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I know this isn't much help, but I just had to let you know that your hair is beautiful! You are truly lucky.

SpecialKitty
May 7th, 2009, 06:39 PM
I see some ringlets at the bottom - I think you're a 2c (or maybe a 3a with the right routine....)

Welcome to LHC - you have beautiful hair!!

Hannah83
May 8th, 2009, 01:19 AM
I know this isn't much help, but I just had to let you know that your hair is beautiful! You are truly lucky.

Thank you, i just wish it could look like the first pic always. But now since I am only co and no styling products, it looks like pic 2. :rolleyes:

Hannah83
May 8th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Welll, most people don't apply it WHILE washing, but people often apply it to hair before washing, dry or wet, and sometimes after, depending on hairtype. You're on the curlier side, so there's a bigger chance you could do either or both.

I like to oil on wet hair...always. Before washes and otherwise. : D Some people before dry and only before washes. It depends on the person.

Ok so nice of you to answer. What kind of oil is best, and what does the oil do? Since my hair is wery dry, i could use something that moisture it. A lot. ;)

Hannah83
May 8th, 2009, 01:26 AM
I see some ringlets at the bottom - I think you're a 2c (or maybe a 3a with the right routine....)

Welcome to LHC - you have beautiful hair!!

Thank you, I think I am that to. :)