PDA

View Full Version : So lucky I found this website!

Longlocks3
May 4th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I have a bad confession to make. I recently tried to sell my hair online, at a very reputable site that acts like an ebay for hair. I have hair that is about 33 inches long and I was considering selling 21 inches.

I received some strange emails from one man that wanted to pay just for a haircut, not the actual hair. Weird f e t i s h I suppose? Then I received some responses about asking price being too much for the 21 inches and that if I wanted my asking price I'd have to cut all 33 inches. This was when I had my epiphany, my hair is worth more than what any person is willing to pay for it!

I started growing my hair at 13 when in a fit of teenage angst I chopped my waist length hair to above my shoulders. There was immediate regret and for the past seven years I have been growing it! Now I'm at tailbone length.

I actually have a type of psoriasis that is pretty damaging to my scalp and the length of my hair probably does make it harder to manage the condition. I even have a topical steriod perscribed my my doctor for it, which probably helps my hair! For anyone else with scalp issues how do you manage to let it not interfere with your long hair?

Thank you to all who post on here! After reading these, realizing how much I really love my heavy, hard to manage hair and seeing the sad look in my boyfriends eyes when I told him about possibly selling it; I have decide my hair will not only stay, it will grow more! I will not let myself become frustrated when my psoriasis is acting up, or when I get a headache become my bun is too heavy!

Thank you all (and a thank you from my boyfriend as well whose going to be very happy lol!)

BlndeInDisguise
May 4th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Yay! So glad you're planning on keeping your hair. I'm sure your boyfriend will be very happy, too. ;)

Nightshade
May 4th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Welcome to LCH! :flowers: I'm glad you kept your hair too :)

kdaniels8811
May 4th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Welcome to LHC! Here you will find an overwhelming amount of information - including scalp issues and what to do about them - and a whole bunch of support. Welcome! Ask lots of questions, post pictures when you are able and read and learn along with the rest of us.

Dolly
May 4th, 2009, 05:00 PM
My son has SD (seb. dermatitis) on his scalp, and even prescription meds wouldn't clear it. I started buying him Neem and Tea Tree shampoo bars from Chagrin Valley, and he is almost clear now.

You may want to give it a shot.

embee
May 4th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Welcome. :) I'm glad you didn't chop.

Darkhorse1
May 4th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Glad you didn't cut! I think you'd have missed it.

I had really bad SD and I found zinc based shampoos very soothing, along with cold water rinses. I'd check with your doctor though--psoriasis is different than seboreah dermatitis.

Welcome to LHC!

windinherhair
May 4th, 2009, 08:10 PM
I know the good feeling when you realize that you aren't alone! :-) I rarely meet someone who feels the same way I do about having long hair.

So good to hear that you aren't giving up on your long hair!

DarkChocolate
May 5th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Welcome:)

Your hair is beautiful:)

KajiKodomo
May 5th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Welcome! Your hair is gorgeous! :D

enfys
May 5th, 2009, 03:31 PM
You have beautiful hair, and I'm sure you'll get lots of help towards finding natural remedies for your scalp problems. It might not be that hard to make a big difference.

Welcome to LHC!

rach
May 5th, 2009, 04:48 PM
your hair looks great . i'm glad you decided to keep it :D

UncommonTart
May 5th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Welcome to LHC! You're sure to find a great deal of helpful information here- try not to be overwhelmed, as it can be overwhelming at first. Good luck with the psoriasis. Your hair, by the way, is lovely. It looks so shiny!

Fillette
May 5th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Welcome! Wow, your hair is gorgeous. I am really glad you decided to keep it.
I have no doubt that you will find tons of useful information and support here. :)

venividibxtchy
May 6th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Glad you decided not to cut/sell your hair.

I read your bit about the ****** folks and I sadly understand completely from experience. I once posted a video up on youtube (just to show a few people) of me showing off the length of my hair, and some strange person commented on it within minutes of posting, and said, "I want to chop it off". I looked at their favorite videos, and all of them were haircutting videos. *shudders*.

Chrissy
May 6th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Welcome! I'm glad you didn't cut too. You have beautiful hair. I saw a story just the other day on either the news or GMA (Good Morning America) that said a lot of people have been selling their hair lately because they need the money. It made me sad.

I love your hair and I hope you can enjoy it for yourself too, not just for your boyfriend. I think our hair becomes such a part of us that when we cut it it is truly sad. I know it was for me.

JamieLeigh
May 6th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Welcome to LHC! I'm so happy you didn't chop, and that you joined. This is such a wonderful forum, full of awesome people who care about the same things you do. :flower:

Bunnyhare
May 6th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Hi! I am glad, too , that you did not cut! It is like losing a body part and the mourning is terrible..i did it to donate and cried for weeks...i thought it would be better than the headaches and all that ..but NO!!! get some fun hair accessories and find different ways to put it up that do not cause headaches! Love to you , Kimi

jera
May 6th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Your hair is awesome. I'm soooooooo glad you decided not to cut it off. :p As for your scalp issues, Neem oil is excellent for clearing up troubled scalps. I hope you have luck with it if you decide to try it.

SimplyLonghair
May 6th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Welcome to LHC and I am also glad that you didn't cut! It is hard to stand against pressure when you don't have someone at your back. Just remember that the members here have your back! Read study and learn and love your hair. It already looks so nice, I can't wait until you have had time to learn some new things and see the difference that it makes. :cheese: