PDA

View Full Version : First time in my LIFE I've been called a "Hair Guru"

LifeisAdventure
April 5th, 2008, 11:05 PM
So I went to a wedding today for a distant friend (my sister was a bridesmaid) and ended up helping half the bridal party and a lot of guests (the bride's college friends) do their hair for the big event. They complimented and fondled my long hair, oohed and ahhed over my hair toys (the name of which they thought was hilarious), and loved the simple styles I made for them. It was mostly cinnabuns, a twisted-bun style I created, and the "swirly/squiggly do" posted on the old LHC (three mini cinnabuns pinned in a swirl with the ends hanging loose). I had just made my first sock donut the night before and decided to try out a sock bun for the first time at the wedding. It looked wonderful and one of the gals called it "her new favorite party trick." I also spread the gospel of TLHC so hopefully we'll have some new members soon too! :D

Anyway, the point is, I have never been very good at styling my own hair, and only so-so at styling other people's hair. It was SOO very flattering to be called a "hair guru" and have so many people put faith in my styling skills because of how "nice" my hair looks. It was good day!! :cheese:

spidermom
April 5th, 2008, 11:24 PM
That sounds wonderful. Thank you for sharing it.

LifeisAdventure
April 5th, 2008, 11:42 PM
P.S. I'd love to hear other stories about LHCers "first times" ...being a hair guru, that is! ;) Does anyone else remember that one shining moment of recognition? For me, today, it was when I was explaining to the gals that certain styles just take lots of practice to look good on the first try... and realizing I had HAD all that practice! :)