PDA

View Full Version : Chignon - updo for shorter hair

AngelInDisguise
May 3rd, 2009, 06:14 AM
This is a style I like to wear because it holds my fine, slippery hair like rock and looks polished:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_lk4XH6NUpJ8/Sf2IiH7Sw5I/AAAAAAAAATc/glaUuYWNL9I/s512/Chignon.jpg

1. Do a ponytail
2. Comb the tail through so that there are not any tangles left. Fix the end of the tail with a second elastic.
3. Fold the tail inwards and fix the end of the tail with a bobby pin right beneth the elastic of the pony
4. Take the resulting loop and fan it out. Fix it as unseeable as possible with bobby pins by sliding them in from the side. Be sure to catch enough scalp hair.
5. Take some fancy flower hairclips or whatever jewellery you like to hide the elastic.

And this is the result:

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_lk4XH6NUpJ8/SfK7DriAwXI/AAAAAAAAAKU/hlJwWWsifck/s640/DSC00115.JPGhttp://lh5.ggpht.com/_lk4XH6NUpJ8/SfK7DVptUbI/AAAAAAAAAKM/7XG-eMVVa6I/s640/DSC00099.JPG

I hope the explanation is understandable!

Neoma
May 3rd, 2009, 09:57 AM
AngelInDisguise, your directions are very clear.

My hair is too long for this style, but I'm sure that many of our newbies will be glad to find directions for such an elegant, easy style.

It looks fabulous on you! Lovely!

Lamb
May 3rd, 2009, 10:52 AM
That's very neat! Thanks for the instructions, they are very easy to follow. I hope my hair will be long enough for this style in a couple of months.

AngelInDisguise
May 3rd, 2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks Neoma and Lamb!

It is always so frustrating for me to see these beautiful updos the really long haired ones can do that I thought there must be more shorties out there on the search for a nice do they can also manage. (And it is sooo easy!)

AnneAdeline
May 3rd, 2009, 11:21 AM
Oh, this is so elegant and simple. It's nice to see updos for shorter hair. When I was at this length, it was just ponytails and messy buns for me.

misstwist
May 3rd, 2009, 02:27 PM
Perhaps you could write these up together and submit it as an article.

Silverlox
May 3rd, 2009, 02:37 PM
Perhaps you could write these up together and submit it as an article.

Exactly what I was thinking! :D

Every time I see a thread with a nice updo tutorial, I suggest it be made into an article. Mainly because it would be such a pity for any good tutorial to "disappear" in the mass of threads. As an article, it will always be a lot easier to find it for anyone looking for an updo.

This is a pretty updo and a good description! :thumbsup:

Yeah, my hair is far too long too. But it's still a great updo and thus deserves its place in the Article Section! :flower:

mugglemomof3
May 3rd, 2009, 02:51 PM
Super instructions!!! Thanks for sharing them with us. I wonder if I can make mine look as pretty?

Honestwitness
May 3rd, 2009, 04:54 PM
Thank you so much, Angel! I was just thinking about this today, ever since I saw your album yesterday. I was wondering how you did this. I really appreciate knowing. It looks gorgeous! I'll be trying it soon as I just purchased some elastics today that blend in with my hair color.

paper
May 3rd, 2009, 05:08 PM
I can't wait to try this! You are awesome AngelInDisguise. I think you should put all your beautiful updos in an article for us with short hair.

Elenna
May 3rd, 2009, 05:56 PM
Chignons are an easy and quick way to put hair up. I like your diagrams.

psvzum
May 3rd, 2009, 07:56 PM
Wow! An undo maybe I can do!!! Can't wait to try it-thanks so much : )

MadPirateBippy
May 4th, 2009, 02:30 AM
I also think it's a great article and should be one. If you don't want to go through the process (I think you should, but with your post count a mod will have to OK the article), drop me a PM and I'll put it up.

I think you should get the credit for it, though- the instructions are really clear and the photos are great, and your hair looks so pretty. :) It's a lovely hair style but my hair is too long for it at this point.

*sigh* I never tried that one, and I miss a french twist sometimes.

Arctic
May 4th, 2009, 04:39 AM
That's beautiful!!! And simple! I would say an article material *hint hint*

*BelievingAgain
May 4th, 2009, 04:52 AM
WOW!

Thank you SO much for this Angel, your instructions are fantastic, I can't wait to try this beautiful updo in a few months when I think my hair will be long enough! :)

AngelInDisguise
May 4th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Oh, so much appreciation, that is so nice of you.

O.k., I'll try to put it into the article section - for all of our shorties!