PDA

View Full Version : I was a bad girl. I chopped my poor hair.

squiggyflop
April 5th, 2008, 08:03 PM
i just washed my hair and was letting it dry loose... i was looking at the ends... they were so split... i had promised myself that i wouldnt trim for a month but the scissors were right there and my ends looked really bad... i put my hair into a low pony and snipped off almost 2 inches... it wasnt actually that much hair because those last couple of inches were so thin but thats 2 inches now that i have to grow back... im dissapointed at my lack of self control.... it seems to me that whenever warm weather rolls in i get the scissor itch... usually i would cut my hair really short but this time i resisted for the first time... its weird looking at the ends of my hair and seeing no splits...
i just realized that i might not be able to do a figure 8 or an infinity bun anymore...:(
ugh
i think ill get pictures up soon
at least i didnt chop it all off like i usually do in the springtime

icydove
April 5th, 2008, 08:07 PM
You shouldn't feel guilty about cutting off damage. I bet your new ends feel and look wonderful :)

BrianaFineHair
April 5th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I'm sure it looks better though. I mean, what's prettier, healthy hair or damaged hair?

squiggyflop
April 5th, 2008, 08:10 PM
grrr i had just made it to waist too.... now i may have to wait as many as 4 months to get back the length...

kwaniesiam
April 5th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Just remind yourself, health over length. Your hair will always grow, but what's the point if you aren't happy with it? At least you didn't do a big chop.

spidermom
April 5th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I've found there's very little point in nursing bad ends along as the splits keep traveling upward. I have too many hairs to think I can find and snip off each individual split. How about you?

I think you did a good thing. The length will be back lickety split! (without the split hopefully -- haha)

Lixie
April 5th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Try not to feel bad about it, squiggyflop. Easier said than done, but just remind yourself that it was damage and focus on how nice those fresh ends feel.

Ricky22
April 5th, 2008, 08:19 PM
lol your hair will be back in 2 months probably

TheSpottedCow
April 5th, 2008, 08:24 PM
My ends are very split and thin as well. And they break. I wish I had the guts to chop off two inches! It would be a lot healther.

squiggyflop
April 5th, 2008, 08:41 PM
26.25 inches ugh i was 28.5 pre trim... almost all of the ends were split and the splits were travelling upwards.. (i found a split that was 2 inches long!) on the bright side my pony circumference is back up to 3.5 inches after a major shed from going on the shot that took me down to barely 3.25

tuuli
April 5th, 2008, 08:41 PM
:grouphug:
Aw... you shouldn't be sad for your loss of split ends. Focus on health, 2 inches will grow fast. :)

WritingPrincess
April 5th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I wish I had the courage to cut off 2 inches. My ends are all different lengths and it would look much better, but I can't bear the thought of being back at hip length.

homeschoolmama
April 5th, 2008, 09:16 PM
((((((hugs!!!)))))) I never mourn damaged ends. The loss of length, yes... but the hair itself? Nope. Your hair will look & feel healthier for the trim.
love,
mom

maskedrose
April 5th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Like everyone has said already - health over length is good! If some of your splits were two inches, then I definitely think you did the right thing! It will grow back quick (maybe even quicker than before since the damaged bits won't be breaking off) and you'll be at waist again in no time :)

spidermom
April 5th, 2008, 09:31 PM
My hair has been growing like wild-fire since my recent 2- to 3-inch hair cut. Yours probably will, too. It's spring!

*BelievingAgain
April 5th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Squiggyflop, from your sig. pics. it looks as though your hair grows very fast, so you shouldn't be sad about cutting off some damage. All the comments made so far make a lot of sense.

I think cutting off damage is a really important thing to do, so much so that a lot of my hair is only two inches long all over as I type! :agree:

Don't worry. If long hair is a major goal for you, then I think you have to be commited to it's long-term health...I feel that trims (and cuts, if that's what has to be done to remove damage) are a major part of maintaining that health. Just enjoy the feel of lovely, thick, clean ends!!!

Jess :flower:

Gaelic Girl
April 5th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I just cut off 2.5" the other night too! :) My hair is still growing out a henna disaster from 3 years ago so the last few inches are thinner..which drives me nuts! My hair had reached mid-bum...but it spoings up to waist anyway..and somehow the ends looks soooo straggly! They weren't split at all, miraculously, but then I S&D for about 1 min. each day. So..off with the the last 2.5"! I've washed since and it is soooo much thicker and looks soo much better!! Trust me, squigs, once the shock of the length wears off..you'll be so glad you chopped.

You have beautiful hair, and a marvellous flare for making your own toys. I am really looking forward to seeing new pics of your hair and raise a glass to you!

GG

jesamyn
April 5th, 2008, 11:28 PM
I understand how you feel about losing the length, but as others have said, now you can look forward to growing your completely healthy hair! :D

jojo
April 6th, 2008, 12:11 AM
hey don't grieve for lost length, celebrate healthier hair besides the speed your hair grows you will be waist again by the end of the week!!!

Dianyla
April 6th, 2008, 01:53 AM
im dissapointed at my lack of self control....
I'm disappointed with the lack of apostrophes, commas, and proper sentence boundaries (they're called periods) in this post. Please review the community guidelines about proper post language.

kate46
April 6th, 2008, 02:35 AM
I'm disappointed with the lack of apostrophes, commas, and proper sentence boundaries (they're called periods) in this post. Please review the community guidelines about proper post language.

What if someone is not good at knowing when to use apostrophes, commas and proper sentence boundaries etc.? I had to go back and re-read Squiggys post because I couldn't see where the problem was! Maybe she did miss out commas and seperated her sentences with dots but it seems to me that Squiggy was simply trying to make her post clear.

Is this not a little harsh? :shrug:

Lamb
April 6th, 2008, 05:38 AM

I agree with kate46. I remember reading in a thread on the Beauty Bottle that squiggyflop has dyslexia. Some other members have it, too. I for one have no problem reading a post twice if I know it was written by a person who has trouble creating "grammatical" sentence structures in writing for whatever reason.
Squiggyflop, you probably didn't need me as an advocator, sorry about that. As for the "chop": this was not a chop, this was a trim, and probably a much needed one! Your hair will benefit from it, I'll bet it looks much healthier now!

Periwinkle
April 6th, 2008, 05:58 AM
They must look better, though, surely? At least now they won't split all the way up your hair and mean you have to cut all of it.

squiggyflop
April 6th, 2008, 07:07 AM
I never learned proper grammar. I do not even speak properly. I have trouble capitalizing because of some problems with my hands. I have no idea how to use a comma. No one has yet been able to explain the rules of grammar to me in a way i can understand. Posts like this make me never want to post again. I still have trouble figuring out what sounds each letter makes and everyone wants me to use proper puncuation. If i continue to be scolded for my learning disabilitys I will find annother forum. I dont think im wrong in thinking that stupid people should be allowed here too.

*proofread by my good friend angie*

Feisty Redhead
April 6th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Try not to feel bad; I'm sure your hair looks great and it's still long by many people's standards away from LHC. At least it grows back, right? :D

aisling
April 6th, 2008, 07:38 AM

Where are the community guidelines these days? I've checked out a bunch of places and the only place I found anything, is under "Home (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/index.php?page=tos)" and what do I read there?

» Community Guidelines & Terms of Service
You are all at our mercy!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!

Not very helpful. I've actually been searching for them to see if the line about grammar and punctuation is still there.

UrbanEast
April 6th, 2008, 07:47 AM
What if someone is not good at knowing when to use apostrophes, commas and proper sentence boundaries etc.? I had to go back and re-read Squiggys post because I couldn't see where the problem was! Maybe she did miss out commas and seperated her sentences with dots but it seems to me that Squiggy was simply trying to make her post clear.

Is this not a little harsh? :shrug:

I have to agree. I too had to go back and read the post. I'm usually a stickler for punctuation and grammar, but ellipses and the use of lower case at the beginning of sentences didn't hurt the readability IMO. She didn't use "u" for "you" or write in all caps, both of which seem like bigger problems.

Also, when people are upset, sometimes grammatical niceties go out the window. I think there ought to be more leeway for those posts.

Gemma
April 6th, 2008, 07:48 AM
I never learned proper grammar. I do not even speak properly. I have trouble capitalizing because of some problems with my hands. I have no idea how to use a comma. No one has yet been able to explain the rules of grammar to me in a way i can understand. Posts like this make me never want to post again. I still have trouble figuring out what sounds each letter makes and everyone wants me to use proper puncuation. If i continue to be scolded for my learning disabilitys I will find annother forum. I dont think im wrong in thinking that stupid people should be allowed here too.

*proofread by my good friend angie*

(Emphasis mine.)

You are NOT "stupid", Squigglyflop. Learning disabilities do not make you stupid, and lack of capitalisation or correct grammar don't necessarily make you 'stupid', either. Hell, I make spelling mistakes ALL the time and always have, no matter how hard I try to memorise certain words. If you have a learning disability, I believe allowances should be made for you and, frankly, I can always understand what you are saying, which is the most important thing, IMO.

As for your trim, I definitely understand where you're coming from. When I had an inch cut off earlier this year, I felt really depressed for about a week, maybe more. I knew it had to be done to curb my split ends, but I just hated the loss in length.

Now, though, I absolutely do not regret it. My ends are looking great, and no splits! :) You just need some time to adjust, is all.

birthmarkie
April 6th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Since you never learned grammar, here is a simple rule to remember:

When you use "I" to refer to yourself, always capitalize it. For example, write "I," "I am," or "I'm." NOT "i," "i am" or "i'm."

I hope this helps you out a little bit.

Peggy E.
April 6th, 2008, 08:02 AM
I've come to the decision that scissors should never, ever be that readily available in the bathroom! How often has there been a post where someone got out of the shower, looked at her hair, lost consciousness and, upon reawakening, had discovered 12" of hair she'd cut off in what must have been a catatonic state?!

If those scissors aren't there, this is just plain NOT gonna happen! ;o)

Squiggy, you got rid of the damage and now you'll be growing beautiful, healthy hair from root to end. Enjoy the lovely results of the chop (but put the scissors in the kitchen from now on!)

AmandaPanda
April 6th, 2008, 08:35 AM
*ouch*

If that is a forum rule, shouldn't a message be sent to her privately?

Now for my support (isn't that what we're about?):
I think 2" is more of a trim, and you did it for all of the right reasons. Now your ends will be thicker and healthier :)

squiggyflop
April 6th, 2008, 08:49 AM
I just took my hair down from my sleeping bun.. my hair looks so much shorter and the ends are all curled up... I cant beleive Im back at bsl. well atleast spring is coming and my hair usually grows faster in warm weather... maybe if i hadnt cut it i would have made it to hip before my one year lhc anniversary.. I guess it really is impossible for me to go from a little past shoulder to hip in one year. it really did need those last couple inches cut off. it was breaking off really bad.
i think ill be able to get some pictures up by the end of the day.

PS i said chop by mistake and i cant change the title..
however it does feel like a chop to me now that i think about it because i went from waist back to bsl

Peggy E.
April 6th, 2008, 09:06 AM
This is what I get for not reading completely through the thread....

There are millions of people using the internet - from all countries, all backgrounds, an amazing resource for the understanding and acceptance of all the cultural and societal differences that help separate the human species from others.

English is not the primary language of many people here on the boards. I am always in awe of people who have the cability of understanding more than one language. As one who was coerced into taking Latin as my foreign language - can't get much more foreign than this, considering all the true Latin speakers have been dead and gone for hundreds and hundreds of years - and did poorly, to boot, this is quite an accomplishment.

I'm a forgiving person and, to me, what's important is not the proper use of pronouns, capitalizations, knowing when to use the colon and the almost non-existant (people don't know how to use it!) semi-colon, really doesn't matter.

What's important is that the effort is being made to keep in touch, to stay as a part of a larger community and be able to feel accepted and comfortable with those who share the same passions. In this instance, we're talking about hair.

I get really lazy writing on these sites. If I knew how to use them, I would probably lapse a bit into the "I-Speak" which expensive mobil phone bills have given birth to and which is as alien and foreign to me as French or Spanish ever could be (both are Latin-based, so I have a fighting chance at figuring some of it out!).

People worry about the death of their languages as the proliferation of these quick-write short-cuts have taken hold in the mainstream. But language is a living thing, it grows and stretches, new words are born and strike the imagination, taking hold and remaining to become a part of the vocabulary. The English we speak today did not exist a few hundred years ago, though it was referred to as "English" (and the English we speak in the U.S. is not the English they speak in England, either!)

It somehow doesn't seem quite right to criticize someone who was simply opening up and hoping for suggestions because what she wrote was difficult for some to decipher. We don't want to be a place where only the highly educated and properly coached correspond, every "i" properly dotted and "t" properly crossed.

There's room in these boards for the casual flow of a more conversational tone - it fosters the flow of "talk" and encourages everyone to participate. I don't want to be saying one group is right and one is wrong, for this is an opinion being expressed by all involved.

This is simply how I feel, the take I have on the tools of communication we use here. I've even been known to stumble through some of the most amazingly horrendous Japanese-to-English translation programs on eBay until I could finally decipher just what the heck it is that's PROBABLY being said - no real way of knowing unless I could speak Japanese. Can only imagine the head-shaking going on with the English-to-Japanese translation programs going back at them!

But we figure it out. We have always found some way of getting the point across and what's important is not that the correct grammar and punctuation are used, capitalization when appropriate, if it means that the person who was unable to meet these requirements then stopped participating altogether.

Each and every one of us has something that makes us not quite perfect - it's what happens when you are human and not a god, and it's okay. And we all have different manners in which we express ourselves, for writers it's referred to as a "voice," and many writers have distinctive voices.

We're here on this earth to celebrate our differences, accept our humanity and be thankful for the bounty and blessings that we have found. This funny tool, the internet, has made this connection of all the peoples so much easier. Let's not get caught up so much in the regulations that we lose this amazing opportunity to learn from each other.

For what it's worth (not much, I imagine.....)

lgjproduct
April 6th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Amen, sister!
I become very annoyed when form becomes more important than content.

lgjproduct
April 6th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I have a friend who jokingly calls me a "cutter" because I am tempted by the scissors from time to time and always suffer regret afterwards. I learned that not having them in sight is quite helpful. I also make myself wait a day and see if I still think a trim is necessary.
Oh well, dear girl, what is done is done, and was probably warranted if the splits were that long. Time to move on and celebrate all that thickness you feel and see now. Post some pictures next time.

squiggyflop
April 6th, 2008, 10:08 AM
sorry about the picture size.
here is the before
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthmarch30th2008small.jpg
here is the after
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/trimapril5th2008small.jpg
my mirror is dirty which is why those spots are there

Feisty Redhead
April 6th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Well I think it looks just lovely, squiggyflop! If I am remembering correctly you've got a pretty fast growth rate, right? So it won't take took long to get the length back, and the ends will be fuller now so that's a bonus too. Like I said, still long by non-LHC standards. :D :flower:

birdiefu
April 6th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Squiggy, I'm sure those damaged ends will help your hair grow better! They won't be tangling with the others and causing more splits. Also, from what I see of your length shot, it seems like those missing 2" will be leaving you with a much thicker (and enjoyable, most likely) hemline.

As for writing skills...I know I'm guilty of run-on sentences, changing tense, and the over-use of commas and parentheses. It actually takes me a while to get a post out, even a short one. I constantly re-read my sentences and tweak them until they are more understandable. I don't think anyone writes 'perfectly', and IMO as long as I can read what is written easily (without 'ur' speak or all-caps), I don't get annoyed at the writer. In fact, when I ran into the initial post about Squiggy's writing, I had to jump back to the first page to analyze it and think "Hmm...there *are* no true sentences, capital letters, or apostrophes.", but I understood what she wrote perfectly without struggling. I totally understand why we want to foster solid writing skills here, but at the same time I don't want to be a grammar or spelling nazi, and make allowances for those who try their best. (insert flower smiley as I am smiley inept here!)

In a way, this hits home with me, as my son (though very intelligent) is unable to be understood by strangers when he speaks. He has few real words (and a lot of word approximations), and when he does make a 'phrase', the sentence structure is all mixed up. He often replaces word-sounds that he can use in other words with very different sounds at other times. We've been having speech therapy for a while, but he still runs far behind his peers. I fear for when he is older, and that he may loose his amazing outgoing and friendly personality due to teasing and torment from others. Many children with his problem have life-long struggles with speech and writing. I think this makes me more sensitive to this kind of issue...sorry.

ETA: OMG, your ends look fabulous! I was writing my previous post when you put that up. The difference in length doesn't look that drastic, but the difference in quality is wonderful! I've been doing tiny trims for so long and not really noticing much improvement in my ends...perhaps I need a larger trim like that to feel more confident with my hair down (see my siggy for see-through old-damage ends). I want my ends full and bouncy like that :).

redbark
April 6th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Squiggyflop,

It looks real lovely after the chop actually - don't fret!

The frayed ends are gone, the split hair are gone (as you mentioned) and the hemline is more even. It gives your ends a bit of a curl and a lot of bounce - I bet :flower:

Enjoy your beautiful hair :)

prosperina
April 6th, 2008, 11:31 AM
First of all, your hair looks really good. I think the trim is a big improvement. I love it, and I'm jealous! :flower:

As for punctuation (your grammar is fine-- you are after all a native English speaker), I didn't find it illegible or difficult, and I am a notorious usage and punctuation Nazi. The only thing I would say about your first post, is that every place you put ... place a period; then it will be fine. You are not stupid. I don't know you in real life, but sometimes people on the internet strike me as not very bright--you are not one of them.

spidermom
April 6th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Your "after" picture is absolutely, drop-dead gorgeous, SF. It's so thick that it looks like even more hair than the "before" picture.

Lamb
April 6th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I think your hair looks much thicker in the "after" picture, and definitely healthier!

Kittee
April 6th, 2008, 12:22 PM

It looks FANTASTIC!

You are being overly hard on yourself! What an improvement!

zift
April 6th, 2008, 12:54 PM
From the title of the thread I thought you chopped it all off. But 2" is a trim and your hair looks lovely afterwards too. It's thick and with beautiful waves:flowers:

I haven't noticed the punctuation until Dianyla pointed out too and I had to go back and read what was missing. I know that I myself make a hundreds of mistakes and even for that I try really hard with looking up words from dictionaries and stuff. English isn't my mother tongue and I don't live in the USA or UK either so I don't hear or use it that often.Yet I could understand you perfectly,that means you've written clear enough that even a foreign member can understand it well. No need to feel stupid at all.:grouphug:

girlcat36
April 6th, 2008, 12:58 PM
sguiggyflop---your hair looks amazing in the 'after' pic! Nothing to be sad about!

LisaButz2001
April 6th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Squiggy, first of all, hugs for that appallingly rude comment regarding your grammar. Hopefully, that poster will publicly apologize. Until I read it I had no idea grammar was governed, in any way, by the forum. I teach literacy and dyslexia isn't being stupid, it's a processing issue. I believe that if the U.S. mandates schools give test takers with dyslexia special assistance, then we as a community ought to be more forgiving. Dyslexia may improve if you retrain your brain to catch reversals (writing D when you mean B), but how will you retrain yourself to identify grammar or spelling errors if you don't practice? I doubt you'll practice if people's comments when you do are so unencouraging. Besides, internet correspondence tends to be less formal than real world communication; people with dyslexia tend to love IM, text messages and posts like this, precisely because they DON'T have to be conscious of grammar!

Regarding your hair, if mine had looked like that after my 3/31 trim I'd be over the moon!

If you'd like any help with grammar tricks, PM me and I'll send you my e-mail address; we can talk about it off the boards.

QueenMadge
April 6th, 2008, 01:24 PM
First, your hair looks beautiful after your trim. Getting rid of damaged ends is always a difficult choice when weighed against loss of length.

Second, as the mother of a son with dysgraphia and dyslexia, I am appalled by the comment directed at you regarding your grammar, punctuation, etc. We struggled for years with our son's self image before he was diagnosed with his disabilities. He thought he was "stupid"....now he knows he is not, just different.

He will never spell perfectly. He has to work very hard to put the punctuation in the correct place. Personally, I would rather read what he has to write about than ding him for correctness of punctuation.

For myself, I have never learned correct sentence structure, rules of grammar, whatever you want to call it. I missed that part of my elementary education and have been playing catch up with it ever since.

I actually did not realise there were grammar and punctuation requirements here. I must have skimmed that when I first read the rules. Now I cannot seem to find them. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction so I can update my knowledge of what is acceptable.

It definitely detracts from my enjoyment of the forum to feel judged if I don't write properly.

You are not "stupid". None of us are perfect.

Margot

strawberryfine
April 6th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I think you did a good thing, too. I did 4" a couple of years ago and it was the right choice. Also, your post is helping me fight to urge to chop in warm weather, too. Thank you!

Shypii90
April 6th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Just an opinion here.
I really think your hair looks great! You didn't do anything bad at all by trimming off those bad ends!!

And wow, you sure seem to have a fast growth rate.
Don't worry about the grammar problems. No-one's the same! :)

Gaelic Girl
April 6th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Squiggy, I was shocked at the mean and sarcastic tone of Dianyla's post! As an avid reader and someone who studied English, I appreciate the importance of proper grammar and articulation. However...having also studied linguistics, and speaking four languages, I've always been told that what is most important is that you make yourself understood. You do the best with what you have and when you have more, you do better.

As has already been said, this is an international forum so not everyone will be able to dot all the i's and cross all the t's. That being said, dyslexia must make such communication very difficult for you, and I praise you for being here, posting, and being an active member of the community! You are NOT "stupid".... please, dear girl, do not ever give anyone that kind of power over you. For the harshness of her comment, and I appreciate that with the devolution of the English language these days with icons who can barely make a complete sentence standards are hard to keep, I just can't imagine that Dianyla wanted to make you feel so badly.

Sometimes timing is everything, and it was clear that you were in a very vulnerable place and just wanted to express your desperation. Your grammar would not have been excellent in this circumstance, and most people would not have expected it to be. You made yourself understood, and that is what matters. Her curt tone to such a sensitive post was harsh.

Now...the results? Oh my goodness!!! Honestly, I can barely tell that there's been hair chopped in the second pic....but OH MY! The thickness, the bounce, the wonderful large ends....your hair is a dream now!!! Really! Revel in it. It looks astounding!

I hope today is better for you.

Blessings,
Gaelic Girl

TheHippieChick
April 6th, 2008, 02:19 PM
oh my goodness! YOUR HAIR IS AMAZING! i WOULD FORGET ABOUT THE TRIM ALL TOGETHER AND FOCUS ON HOW SEXY YOU LOOK! Sorry about the caps...PLease don't fillet me. :) Your hair is phenominal thick and accentuates your waist beautifully. The color in your bathroom is great! You look like you have the Raphieliian kind of hair. (I do realize that is not a word but it works.) You have given me the courage to go and finally get my gypsy curls tamed. They have been needing a trim for ages. I justhate to. I hate to trim my roses back, but they do so much better!
You are to be applauded for your conduct on this thread. I hope you do not leave because You have grace, which I fear is sorely lacking on this forum in many areas.
As for your Grammar, The only way it ever made sense to me is when my AP English teacher told me to write like I talk. (Which is a lot :D) But When I pause as i am talking, I add a comma. When I am done I add a period. If I am adding more than one item, another comma. Not a big deal. Your an awesome person and the way you type matters about as much as Gerard Butlers Morning Breath! Have a beautiful day-and go for a walk...with your hair down, brushing just above your fantastic waist!

squiggyflop
April 6th, 2008, 06:06 PM
oh my goodness! YOUR HAIR IS AMAZING! i WOULD FORGET ABOUT THE TRIM ALL TOGETHER AND FOCUS ON HOW SEXY YOU LOOK! Sorry about the caps...PLease don't fillet me. :) Your hair is phenominal thick and accentuates your waist beautifully. The color in your bathroom is great! You look like you have the Raphieliian kind of hair. (I do realize that is not a word but it works.) You have given me the courage to go and finally get my gypsy curls tamed. They have been needing a trim for ages. I justhate to. I hate to trim my roses back, but they do so much better!
You are to be applauded for your conduct on this thread. I hope you do not leave because You have grace, which I fear is sorely lacking on this forum in many areas.
As for your Grammar, The only way it ever made sense to me is when my AP English teacher told me to write like I talk. (Which is a lot :D) But When I pause as i am talking, I add a comma. When I am done I add a period. If I am adding more than one item, another comma. Not a big deal. Your an awesome person and the way you type matters about as much as Gerard Butlers Morning Breath! Have a beautiful day-and go for a walk...with your hair down, brushing just above your fantastic waist!

im afraid that the colors are really off... my bathroom is green and my shirt is green and brown... my hair looks ultra red in the picture. my camera isnt the best so the color quality isnt very good.
*blush* wow such compliments:cheese:
the ends look so much thicker and im getting closer to having no layers. the trim cut off the entire bottom layer.

I do write the way I speak but i speak kind of strangely so its sometimes hard to understand. one of my english teachers suggested that i do (...) dots between my thoughts because i dont make sentences very well and it was easier for her to read my assignments when i put the dots in... it seems that most people here think its just dyslexia but actually ive got a few language related disabilitys... i have alot more trouble writing than reading because i have trouble figuring out which letters make which sound so i get stuck alot... the letter g is really hard for me because it doesnt sound like the sound it makes.... m and w look the same to me and so do p d b q. I cant always distinguish between sounds either (th and f) (m and n) (r and l) sound the same to me...
oh and I do capitalize the letter I when i write long hand but my hands have some problems with pressing 2 buttons at once which is why alot of the time ill type out dollar or percent instead of using the symbol. of course because of the problems i have with my hands my long hand writing is very very difficult to read. I write in a mixture of writing and printing because i cant make pure cursive letters legible enough for anyone to read, including me.
also because of my problems with my hands i cant really write on the lines because i have to write big because.. if i write small i cant control my hands well enough.

on the brighter side of things im starting to see roots that im going to have to henna soon. this is good because i just hennaed my hair a little while ago and im already getting more growth.:cheese:

Yari
April 6th, 2008, 06:12 PM
sguiggyflop, please cheer up! There is nothing the matter. Your hair is still growing and will reach your waist again. Look forward to being able to wear a figure 8 or infinity bun once again. You hair looks great!

In case you missed it, throw a glance over here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2437), perhaps it will leave you with a little smile. (I am not quite sure, but i hope so.)

squiggyflop
April 6th, 2008, 06:56 PM
sguiggyflop, please cheer up! There is nothing the matter. Your hair is still growing and will reach your waist again. Look forward to being able to wear a figure 8 or infinity bun once again. You hair looks great!

In case you missed it, throw a glance over here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2437), perhaps it will leave you with a little smile. (I am not quite sure, but i hope so.)
i hadnt actually seen that thread... im not sure if that bun is different enough from the infinity bun to be a seperate style.

Curlyredhead
April 6th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I think you have beautiful hair, 2 inches gone, or not!

morningstar
April 6th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Squiggyflog I think your hair is beautiful and the trim was necessary to even up the bottom and give you a healthy new start.

:shake: to the mod. That doesn't seem like her style. Well I try to be grammatically correct and use spell check on words I am butchering but I know I am a ... girl. :rolleyes: I am sure I annoy folks here.

birthmarkie
April 6th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I think your hair looks lovely, squiggyflop. Very even, thick, voluminous, and long. Your hair is also a pretty color.

I'm sorry if I brought up anything that you didn't want to talk about on this thread. It was inadvertent. I hadn't seen the part of your earlier post about the hand problem.

Sillage
April 6th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Squiggyflop, your hair looks SO MUCH BETTER. Way fuller and healthier. You did the right thing by cutting off those split ends. Quality over quantity I say!

And I really like the natural-but-groomed hemline you have. The soft U shape looks fantastic with your curly hair and I love the summery, care free feeling it has. You're inspiring me to get on the ball and get to the salon. My ends need a trim badly (no damage but it looks ratty and raggedy because of the uneven lengths) and after seeing how fantastic your hair looks post trim, I really want to get the same done to my hair.

(too bad tomorrow is a Monday and my fav salon is closed :boohoo:)

Kimberly
April 6th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Squiggyflop, your hair looks even better after the trim -- nice job!

:agape: wth

Lisa-Maria
April 7th, 2008, 12:36 AM
Aww, I know what you mean. I just got to classic and trimmed back to tailbone since my ends where so stringy. At least it looks better, and I'm sure it will grow back... I'm sure it is the same for you. :)

WritingPrincess
April 7th, 2008, 01:13 AM
...snip...my hands have some problems with pressing 2 buttons at once ...snip... I want to say, your hair looks GORGEOUS! :thud: As for holding down 2 keys at once, I have the same problem, because my hands are small. By any chance does you computer have an option called Sticky Keys? That will allow you to press keyboard shortcuts one key at a time, and I find it quite useful.

willowcandra
April 7th, 2008, 01:29 AM
You shouldn't feel guilty about cutting off damage. I bet your new ends feel and look wonderful :)

Exactly. to be honest if half of us had the nerve we could do with cutting a few inches of damage off.

willowcandra
April 7th, 2008, 01:30 AM
sorry about the picture size.
here is the before
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthmarch30th2008small.jpg
here is the after
my mirror is dirty which is why those spots are there

Really good job! looks great.

squiggyflop
April 7th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Really good job! looks great.
thanks!:):D

i wasnt able to get my hair into a good bun this moring because of the lack of taper but i did end up with a good french twist..

Pegasus Marsters
April 7th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Your hair looks awesome! Really, so thick and I love the colour.

As for your grammar, don't worry too much hon. I find you perfectly understandable but there are other people on these boards who have no excuse (read: Learning disability or any other reason why they cannot get it right!) for thier dreadful grammar and spelling and I have to give up on their posts and simply X our because I cannot understand what they are trying to say. Chill out, girly. You'll be fine :)

prettyeyes1
April 7th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I really like the cut.

maskedrose
April 7th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Wow the difference is awesome! I don't think you should lament the loss of those inches, especially after looking at those pics!

As for that nasty comment - an apology seems to be in order. I too had to go back to your original post to see whether or not her comment was applicable. I definitely didn't catch it the first time around. Don't worry about any language/grammer barriers you may have - all that matters is that we can understand you and enjoy your wonderful personality!! :)

Jason
April 8th, 2008, 06:16 AM
I think your trim was a total success. Your hair looks super-thick and now you're closer to having all one length hair.

HeatherAngela
April 8th, 2008, 07:09 AM
It looks great. I'm getting ready to trim off a few inches myself to get rid of the last bit of dyed hair at the ends but I'll be much happier without the splits.

lora410
April 8th, 2008, 07:13 AM
The way your hair grows you will have it back in no time. The important thing is you are trying to keep it healthy!!

FrannyG
April 8th, 2008, 07:15 AM
I think that you made a wise choice. I never cry over losing damage. Your hair looks even lovelier than it did before, and you'll have that length back before you know it.

squiggyflop
April 8th, 2008, 08:28 AM
well today i think im going to leave my hair down for the first day in a week.. it feels strange to not be able to easily twirl the ends of my ponytail in my fingers behind my back.. im sure that now that some of the damaged area is cut off my hair will grow faster because it was breaking off so badly before... im going to clarify my hair and do a deep moisture treatment with some mayonaise that me and dad dont like... dad bought it because it was onsale but it tastes gross... i guess cain's mayonaise has a different recipe than we are used to. i cant wait to be back at waist again.

JasmineDaisy
April 8th, 2008, 12:52 PM

I didn't know it was a crime to not be perfect.

Squiggyflop: Don't feel bad about your trim, it looks great. Your ends look much thicker and healthier now. Your hair will grow back in no time.

Euphony
April 8th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Squiggyflop your hair looks gorgeous! You'll get that growth back in no time and it'll look even better than it did before.

hmmm you know I've noticed a lot of grammer type snide remarks lately. What's up with that!?! My writing is atrocious, I'm the run on sentence queen. I'm also dyslexic and didn't know that until I was 25...I thought everyone had the issues I do and just worked around it. Should we have a sticky thread for everyone that has a learning disability can post to and anyone that English is not their native tongue can post to? That way perhaps the ones that have a genuine issue won't get reamed for it.

I fully understand having a community guidline about people not using things like kewl, etc - or using all caps, or the dreaded alternating caps and lower case letters. But I didn't think poor grammer was entered in to the community guidlines. That makes me wonder whether I should post to this forum, is my grammer okay...probably not, it really never is okay.