PDA

View Full Version : Misting success with BWC!

Curlsgirl
April 5th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Yayyyyyyyyyyy! I posted a thread about misting making my hair frizz and not having had any success with it and then read where someone only used conditioner and water and that was it. So I took some BWC (one of my 2 favorite leave-in conditioners) and squirted some in a mister with some distilled water and nothing else. It was fantastic! I used it yesterday and today and my hair is SO soft and not frizzy at all! The curls are great too! Just wanted to post my success! I guess the aloe gel and other things I had put it in them (or maybe the type of conditioner) just wasn't the right mix for me!

Also at my health food store (Earth Fare) they are now carrying BWC brand in all kind of products so I won't have to order it anymore. It was on sale for $5.99 for the big bottles too of shampoo, conditioner and leave-in. I am going back to get some and try some of the shampoo and conditioner (have only tried the leave-in).

I also bought a different kind of coconut oil (Garden of Life) on the recommendation of an employee there instead of my usual Spectrum brand and it's smooth and not grainy like the Spectrum, smells even BETTER and costs about the same!! YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Lamb
April 5th, 2008, 06:05 PM
I'm glad this worked for you! I, too, had success with light condish+water misting, for a while - until I discovered that having *nothing* at all in my hair is the best thing for it. My hair gets buildup if I look at the conditioner bottle for more than 3 seconds. :rolleyes:

Kirin
April 5th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Yay for finding what works! always a bonus!

AprilElf
April 5th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks for posting about your success! :)
This is something I'll have to try, since I love my own conditioner so much ... :o

LilyMunster
April 5th, 2008, 06:37 PM
One of my favorite combinations. Good for you:D

Choccielocks
April 6th, 2008, 03:21 AM
Thanks for sharing curlsgirl! x * runs off to try it . . .*

Lavendula
April 6th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Great that you found something that works out for you!

annarose
April 6th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Thanks for discovering this Curlsgirl, my hair seems to hate mixed misting also but maybe with only BWC in it....

...runs off to mix some up.

Nynaeve
April 6th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Hmmm, intriguing (<doesn't look like it is spelled correctly....).
I might have to try this some time.
It doesn't make it too oily? Or stringy? I always hate it when I leave some condish in when I get out of the shower.

intothemist1999
April 6th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I guess I should try it again, with a different conditioner. I did use a mix of cond. & water and it made my hair soft, but didn't do alot for the frizzies. And it made my hair feel oily.

I seem to be stuck between adding enough to make it REALLY work, but not so much it doesn't feel oily. Not sure how to get around that one.

Just like other concoctions and even just plain distilled water, it works while it's still "damp" on the hair, but I have to keep re-applying it.

I wish I could get rid of the frizz...it makes me look SOOOO unkempt while I'm at work especially since my hair is basically straight. I don't care otherwise, but at work it looks so ragged. :(

OhioLisa
April 6th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Glad you found something that works. I have been wanting to try BWC for a while. This might have been the extra boost I needed to order some. ;)

Curlsgirl
April 6th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Hmmm, intriguing (<doesn't look like it is spelled correctly....).
I might have to try this some time.
It doesn't make it too oily? Or stringy? I always hate it when I leave some condish in when I get out of the shower.
Nope, not on mine, not stringy at all. I put about a teaspoon in about 4 oz of distilled water. It was really great.

Nynaeve
April 8th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Nope, not on mine, not stringy at all. I put about a teaspoon in about 4 oz of distilled water. It was really great.

Hmm, I might have to try it sometime then, still afraid of it turning out too oily, but anything is worth a shot! :)

Delilah
April 8th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Is BWC the brand name or an abbreviation? I see no mention of a full name in the thread.

Cichelle
April 8th, 2008, 05:47 PM
BWC= Beauty Without Cruelty :)

Thanks for sharing this Curlsgirl. I'm just might try it.