PDA

View Full Version : trimmed for the first time in 14 months!

tigerlily83
May 1st, 2009, 04:06 PM
It's amazing how good my hair feels after going so long without a trim!

I went to a chain hair salon....Famous Hair (used to be Hair Cuttery) - got the Master Stylist. I was very clear with her about what I wanted, 1/2" trimmed only all over. It looks and feels great, and she said she was very surprised that my hair was in very good shape, even though in the past I have done a lot of coloring, flatironing, etc.

Now, I wonder how long I can go without trimming this time! Probably not that long though. I also think measuring will be a lot easier.

A picture will follow soon. :)

LadyEliza
May 1st, 2009, 04:50 PM
I haven't had my hair trimmed since it's last cut in October 2007. I'm having a trim this week. My cousin does it for me, she is the only one I trust.

But she checked it last week (and I keep an eye on it) and there appears to be no split ends that we can see! While this is good news, it's a bit confusing. I have no idea why there wouldn't be split ends.

But it means that the trim is just to even up some of the edges.

You show your pics, I'll show you mine ;)

Furiana
May 1st, 2009, 10:08 PM
*waiting for both* :drama:

JamieLeigh
May 4th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Awesome! My hair is the same way - sometimes even a tiny little trim can make a big difference. I'm waiting for that pic also!!! ;)

tigerlily83
September 19th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I feel like a terrible LHC'er! It's been four months and I promised a picture. Unfortunately my camera died, and I am currently in the process of getting it fixed! The silver lining to this is that my hair has grown a couple of inches since then :)

Kotora
September 19th, 2009, 08:30 PM
I just got a trim today. Probably the first one in nearly a year. I told her to take only the minimum - 1/4 inch or less, but I wanted a U shape, so she had to take 1/2 inch on the sides.

It feels, and looks, so much better! Maybe it's psychological, but my ends just feel so much neater after a little trim!