PDA

View Full Version : 2ce a week...

Jessica Trapp
April 30th, 2009, 08:44 PM
I'm down to washing 2ce a week--CWC and sometimes CO one of those times. Any less than that and my scalp gets all yuck.

Any advice on stretching out wash times? Or... how do I focus on keeping the ends healthy? I'm an obsessive s&d-er and I use a lot of conditioner but I have noticed that if I wear my hair down much I have a whole new crop of splits.

Thanks in advance.

Jess

Rini
May 1st, 2009, 12:59 AM
Hi Jessica :waving: Welcome back btw :)

Do you currently use any oils? I find that putting some Camelia Oil in the ends of my hair and being sure to not get it anywhere near my scalp (which is easier if your ends are further away from your scalp...ie long hair....unlike MINE!) really does help the ends stay smooth and soft.

I CO exclusively and have done for years now. It's usually twice a week too, but I could go longer if I were willing to put up with the flat roots that happen as my hair gets greasy :rolleyes: I wear my hair up everyday and I find that this helps stretch the washing. One thing which may help you is using a dry shampoo on the roots in between washings. There are recipes around and they usually contain Arrowroot powder amongst other things. I had a recipe saved in a doc, but I'm on a different pc right now....will see if I can find it for you.

Your hair is so beautiful btw :inlove:

Jessica Trapp
May 1st, 2009, 03:28 AM
Thanks!

Right now I'm still using Nioxin (yes, I'm a conehead) and have only had marginal success with CO. The dry shampoo sounds interesting. I haven't tried Camelia Oil, but it sounds like a good excuse to go to Whole Foods. :D

Your hair is so beautiful btw :inlove:

Thank you! :flower:

SimplyLonghair
May 1st, 2009, 03:34 AM
Thanks!

Right now I'm still using Nioxin (yes, I'm a conehead) and have only had marginal success with CO. The dry shampoo sounds interesting. I haven't tried Camelia Oil, but it sounds like a good excuse to go to Whole Foods. :D

Thank you! :flower:
Good luck in finding the Camilia oil no one around Dallas the last time I went had even heard of it. :shrug:
I use Baking soda washes and that has made me not have to wash more than once a week, but my hair likes it and many of the folks here find that theirs doesn't.
I am glad to see you back too! :waving:

chickpea
May 1st, 2009, 05:44 AM
Do you think washing twice a week is actually damaging to your hair? I'm just curious, because my own experience has been that my hair gets really dry if I try to stretch out washings, especially on the ends. I use shampoo once or twice a week. On other days I rinse and condition the ends, or do a CO wash. I mix a few drops of oil with my leave-in conditioner, and that has really helped, along with wearing it up more often.

Jessica Trapp
May 1st, 2009, 07:18 AM
Do you think washing twice a week is actually damaging to your hair? I'm just curious, because my own experience has been that my hair gets really dry if I try to stretch out washings, especially on the ends. I use shampoo once or twice a week. On other days I rinse and condition the ends, or do a CO wash. I mix a few drops of oil with my leave-in conditioner, and that has really helped, along with wearing it up more often.

H'mmmmmmmmmmmm. well... not the scalp for sure... my scalp LOVES to be washed... but the ends are feeling dry (even though I don't use shampoo on the ends) and I get a lot of damage if I leave it down/manipulate it very much. :( Maybe I just to do more conditioning or moisture treatments. H'mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....